• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3rd Round to UDFA you think could be great

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's an I'm-bored-and-there-isn't-a-lot-of-football-new-right-now kind of thread.

Are there any prospects who'll be taken around the late 2nd round anywhere to being an UDFA you think has a decent chance of being not just a solid starter but a great player?

Last year I thought Greg Little & Marcus Cannon had a chance of being great players. Marvin Austin too, but we've yet to see what he can do because he missed his rookie year due to injury; by the way I would be excited as a little school girl if Baalke somehow traded for Marvin Austin).

This year I think the following players COULD be great possibly maybe:

Curry, Hosley, Osemele, Worthy, Lamar Miller, Zebri Sanders (don't necessarily love him as a prospect, but he seems like he has a high ceiling), Crick (in a 3-4), Ta'amu, Dwaaaaaaaaaaayne Allen, Marcus Forston (the Niners' 4th round pick this year please please pleeeeeeeeease), Michael Egnew & Bruce Irvin (last 2 very high ceiling).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they land in the right system I see these guys as big contributers going forward.

Ronnie Hillman, RB, SDSU
Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinatti
A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois
Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette
Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami of Ohio
Jonathan Massaquoi, DE, Troy
Trevor Guyton, DE, California
Mike Martin, DT, Michigan
Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama
Tank Carder, ILB, TCU
Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M
Casey Heyward, CB, Vanderbilt
Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College
Duke Ihenacho, S, San Jose St.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an I'm-bored-and-there-isn't-a-lot-of-football-new-right-now kind of thread.

Are there any prospects who'll be taken around the late 2nd round anywhere to being an UDFA you think has a decent chance of being not just a solid starter but a great player?

Last year I thought Greg Little & Marcus Cannon had a chance of being great players. Marvin Austin too, but we've yet to see what he can do because he missed his rookie year due to injury; by the way I would be excited as a little school girl if Baalke somehow traded for Marvin Austin).

This year I think the following players COULD be great possibly maybe:

Curry, Hosley, Osemele, Worthy, Lamar Miller, Zebri Sanders (don't necessarily love him as a prospect, but he seems like he has a high ceiling), Crick (in a 3-4), Ta'amu, Dwaaaaaaaaaaayne Allen, Marcus Forston (the Niners' 4th round pick this year please please pleeeeeeeeease), Michael Egnew & Bruce Irvin (last 2 very high ceiling).

No way is Lamar Miller a 3rd rounder.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No way is Lamar Miller a 3rd rounder.

Did I say 3rd? Maybe I should've said just not in the top 45 or so. He might fall that far. But you're right; it's very unlikely he falls to the 3rd.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mychal Kendricks
Dwight Jones
Vontaze Burfict

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they land in the right system I see these guys as big contributers going forward.

Ronnie Hillman, RB, SDSU

Tank Carder, ILB, TCU

the bolded plus

Eric Page WR Toledo
TY Hilton WR FIU

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonas gray, notre dame's offensive mvp

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who do you think has a better chance at being great? Ladarius Green or Egnew?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
5th to UDFA

Derek Moye WR (#2)
Keshawn Martin WR (slot/KR/PR)
Martavious Odoms WR (slot/KR)
Damarlo Belcher WR (#2)
Jeremy Ebert WR (slot)
Bethel Johnson CB (nickel)
Stefon Greene RB (3rd down)
Cordarro Law OLB (starter)

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Owusu.. Injury concerns dropped his stock way down but he was a proven play maker in college and if you look at his measurables during the combine, he is in the top ten in the following categories..

40 yrds - 4.36 secs (3rd among WR's)
Bench reps - 19 reps (6th among WR's)
Cone - 6.8 secs (8th among WR's)
Shuttle - 4.11 sec (7the among WR')
Vertical - 40.5 inches ( 3rd among WR's)

He is a high risks / high rewards propect

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
egnew just isn't fast enough to be great.

He had a 1.57 10 yard split and a 4.62 40 time at the combine. And that was at 6'5 252. How is that not fast enough to be great?

...Good call on Owusu. I was going to mention him, but I fiigured I already had enough names up there. Plus the Niners have a bunch of WRs already, so I'm not focusing on them as much.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He had a 1.57 10 yard split and a 4.62 40 time at the combine. And that was at 6'5 252. How is that not fast enough to be great?

...Good call on Owusu. I was going to mention him, but I fiigured I already had enough names up there. Plus the Niners have a bunch of WRs already, so I'm not focusing on them as much.

... CBS sports has Owusu ranked as a 7th rounder or F/A not because of talent or attitude/off field issues but because of health issues. If no other team grabs him by the time the Niners pick on the 6th round, I think they should take the gamble an grab him there. By then, teams are basically looking for depth... Why not go for a luxury pick?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin McKnutt
Ryan Broyles
Demarlo Belcher
Ladarius Greene
Jared Crick (if we're talking after 45)
Doug Martin
Jayron Hosley

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ronnie Hillman, RB, SDSU

Tank Carder, ILB, TCU

I have been trying to make this post since Friday. I've lost it 2x already and didn't have an access to a computer yesterday. I don't remember everything or everyone I listed, but what I do recall was me highlighting some prospects that I like in Clyde's list and then I went on to list some additional players.

Travis Benjamin (5th round. I'd even reach for him in the 5th round because of his experience as a RS. Two words to describe TB and that's Johnny Knox. He would fit very well to a team that has a QB with a very strong and accurate arm. Similar to how the Bears utilizes Johnny 5)

Nick Foles (Would be a solid 4th round pick for a team that's stable at the QB position and willing to develop a player in their system for at least 3 years. San Diego Chargers for instance, or GB Packers. Turner/McCarthy can turn him to a very good starter in the league. In due time could be the next Kolb or Matt Flynn. An amazing backup player with potential to be a good starter in the league).

Greg Childs (2 years ago, he and Jeff Fuller were supposed to be the next big thing at the wide receiver position. Childs had a promising start then fell off big time. A lot had to do with injuries. I've always felt like he's the type of prospect who will end up having a better pro career then what he experienced in collegiate years).

Bryce Brown (UDFA - at 6"even and weighing 220lbs with a legit 4.4 speed; this guy could become our long term replacement for Gore. Put him on the practice squad for 1year or two).

Evan Rodriguez (6th round. I know we're high at the FB position, but this kid is more of a natural pass catcher than Miller. He'd work well in Cinci or Carolina).

Zebrie Sanders (3rd round. Legit RT prospect who will enventually be a long time starter in the league. He needs to get a little stronger).

Ryan Miller (4th round. Could even be better than Sanders ↑ down the road).

Mychal Kendricks (3rd round. Great player in coverage - NFL ready in that department. Very instinctive and wouldn't be suprise if he beats out a veteran in camp for a starting position)

Donta Paige-Moss (6th round. He and Vontaze Burfict are similar in terms of their attitudes and their grandiose sense of self importance).

Vontaze Burfict (6th round. ↑)

Kheeston Randall (5th round. 3-4 end or 4-3DT)

Other Noteables:
Derek Wolfe; Janzen Jackson; Cliff Harris; Bruce Irvin; Sean Spence; T.Y. Hilton;

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he looks like a turtle on the field

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Streeter could end up being a steal in the 3rd or 4th.