• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3rd round pick?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
can go up to a 2nd round if they resign him? (which they will)

now thats an ok move but i dont get it?

yea i know langs has choice on where he wants to go but your telling me you cant wait til the deadline comes closer and teams start to panic more? drive up the price a bit? :( i know langs is over the hill but still playoff vet with something left in the tank gotta draw something

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have thought they could get at least a minor league player for him but whatever he's gone!

Devs_Jets_Yanks27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO, it doesn't matter. Let's stockpile as many picks as possible. They haven't really drafted well this millennium (sans a few like Parise and Zajac).

Just drop the dead weight and dead $ and draft draft draft!

Elias was 51st overall. Lets start finding those types again!

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more than just your average player move moving a guy like lags who I greatly appreciate what he's dine here, is a step towards changing the culture of the team which needs to hapoen.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was about what I was expecting I know langs meant allot but don't forget we still gave cap issues more of a salary dump with a draft pick coming back plus langs would have left at the end of the year anyway.may not have happened however if anyone would have took rolston for half price.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's also a second if the stars make it out of the first round, even if they don't sign Langenbrunner. I think this was a good deal to make. The team saves some money. Don't forget he's old too. Imagine if he had a groin pull a week before the deadline. THen we get nothing. Honestly, I can't imagine anyone would give up a serious young talent, or a first rounder for him. He's kind of the Bill Guerin type of player from a few years back.

Guerin had a stat line of 16-20-36 that year. So he was even better than Langs. Smart move to get this done now.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciation for the past - yes of course! But he had to go or traded earlier. There is nothing interesting left in his plays. Guy forgot what is nice passing is. But as I said, thanks to him for his good efforts in the past. Hope we will get some reasonable draft pick(s) for him.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree with MCDevils. Of course I would like maybe another young player in return as well as the conditional draft pick, but this deal is good for an older player, who could just be a rental and will be no more than a 3rd liner in Dallas.

Don't expect much more in return for other vets on this team that Lou will try to trade. Sadly, I think Langs was probably our better trade assets available.

Keep selling in my opinion. I rather see a bunch of rookies and young players losing then the losing being done by the current team.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think his NTC is the main reason why Lou was only able to get a conditional 2nd. I'm perfectly fine with a 2nd anyway. I forgot where I read it but apparently Lou asked Jamie to waive his NTC during the off-season and Jamie refused to waive. If the Devils suddenly went on a successful run he could have changed his mind and we'd end with nothing in the end.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not worth the risk to wait IMO. Look at some of the teams that would want him.. Pitt, Capitals, Flyers, they're not going to be giving up a first for Langs, and their second rounders are going to be just as late as the Stars' pick is going to be.

What happened to Edmonton is the perfect example with Souray. They have him read to be traded to the caps, but they let him play, he's out for year, then can't trade him this off season, now they're paying him to play for the Caps farm team.. That's nuts.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah you can look at it that way but imo you cant play scared of someone getting hurt. if the haul is going to be better at the deadline i'd wait. yeah if he gets hurt your screwwed its a risk/reward. i heard the flyers were offering a 3rd and 5th? is more less here? i dunno

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm definitely taking whoever offers the highest single pick in this case.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The flyers 3rd and 5th are going to be at the end of each round. It's comparable to a 4th and 6th from a team like Toronto. Langs will likely sign with Dallas because of the Niewendyk connection so we'll get a mid-late 2nd or a 3rd this year and an upgrade in a much better draft next year. The other offer was really bad AND it was the flyers trying to take Langenbrunner. I'd rather Langs playing out west and get an early 4th than have him play for our biggest division rival for a late 3rd.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flyers 3rd and 5th are going to be at the end of each round. It's comparable to a 4th and 6th from a team like Toronto. Langs will likely sign with Dallas because of the Niewendyk connection so we'll get a mid-late 2nd or a 3rd this year and an upgrade in a much better draft next year. The other offer was really bad AND it was the flyers trying to take Langenbrunner. I'd rather Langs playing out west and get an early 4th than have him play for our biggest division rival for a late 3rd.

Exactly!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont care where langs plays its not like hes going to play us on the flyers in march and knock us out of playoff contention. trade him to the rangers for all i care. i know that the 2 picks would be later then the stars pick. all im saying is this is a light draft. we are going to lose a 1st round pick somewhere in the next 3 years. would it not make sense to try to stock up picks for that year or a year where the draft is a little deep?

just saying its not as cut and clear and as everyone thinks. yes i know that langs has say where he wants to go. im just finding it funny that everyone automaticly thinks this is the best deal they couldve got?

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is the best deal he could have gotten I think it's the one Langenbrunner would waive the NTC for

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i agree i think that was all on langs. but i gotta believe that langs could/should draw more interest from teams looking for that playoff push.....those stupid ntc's cost us yet again!

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:L:L

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just the reply I was expecting from someone who doesn't understand hockey