• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are yelling this at each other during their training sessions.

Love it. Don't forget it. Build on it. Destroy it :mad:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of putting much on these motivation tricks. I would think the millions of dollars many players are getting would be motivation. I would think being able to hoist the Lombardi and say my team is the best would be enough. Apparently we need heartbreak several years in a row to be motivated. All the preseason talk is cheap when February is still 10 months away.

This need of motivation rubs me the wrong way, just like Von Miller's promise of superbowl right before getting suspended. I would think everyone on the broncos team would be well aware of 35. I would not think getting embarrassed in front of millions of people would need reminding.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything they can do to continue to keep that ass kicking super fresh in their minds is fine with me. No matter how trivial. Just use it as more fuel for the fire going into this year.

I understand what you're saying in terms of not needing to be motivated if you're paid millions, but I think this"35" being thrown around will just keep getting under their skins. Can't hurt.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of putting much on these motivation tricks. I would think the millions of dollars many players are getting would be motivation. I would think being able to hoist the Lombardi and say my team is the best would be enough. Apparently we need heartbreak several years in a row to be motivated. All the preseason talk is cheap when February is still 10 months away.

This need of motivation rubs me the wrong way, just like Von Miller's promise of superbowl right before getting suspended. I would think everyone on the broncos team would be well aware of 35. I would not think getting embarrassed in front of millions of people would need reminding.

Here's the thread with the news story:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/denver-broncos/147508-broncos-motivation-2014-35-a.html

Players are human. It's illogical to expect football players to be different just because of how much they earn. Any time a negative can be turned into a positive it's a good thing. Whatever works for the team works for me. Why care how the team gets motivated to win, if the result is a win?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will a win be the result? Does it take a "35" comment to get a player motivated after the ass whoopin' they took? They played SB 43 flat. One team showed up and the other did not. I think just being in the game would have a person amped but they weren't and now you expect them to keep that fire for 10 months?

It also has to do with my personality. I am not a rah-rah guy. I am not a guy that responds to motivational quotes and blurbs. I generally think talk is cheap. Just get your shit handled and move on.

If it helps them out, good. I don't understand the big deal about it and would have assumed they want redemption for that turd of a game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is a big deal Broncosr0k but it is Bronco information during a slow time in the NFL. Plus to me the fact that the team is trying to turn something that could destroy their confidence into something positive is a good thing. Yes not everybody needs the rah rah as you put it but there are others it definitely makes a difference. You have to remember many in sports are emotional in the sense they play with a great deal of passion. Yes sometimes that passion and emotion needs a kick in the pants to remember why they are pushing so hard. I've used it before as I coach and can immediately see a big difference in the players attitudes when they are reminded of the time they got embarrassed the year before or something of that matter and making sure that never happens to them again.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is a big deal Broncosr0k but it is Bronco information during a slow time in the NFL. Plus to me the fact that the team is trying to turn something that could destroy their confidence into something positive is a good thing. Yes not everybody needs the rah rah as you put it but there are others it definitely makes a difference. You have to remember many in sports are emotional in the sense they play with a great deal of passion. Yes sometimes that passion and emotion needs a kick in the pants to remember why they are pushing so hard. I've used it before as I coach and can immediately see a big difference in the players attitudes when they are reminded of the time they got embarrassed the year before or something of that matter and making sure that never happens to them again.

:10::thumb: Well said, sir.

We have the draft in a week, so we'll finally have something REAL to talk about.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is motivated differently. Some respond to certain positive reinforcement, i.e. the honor and prestige of winning the Superbowl, some need a reminder of past mistakes or shortcomings to motivate them, i.e. the loss last year.

the 2013 season, the team watched the playoff game against the Ravens EVERY WEEK ON MONDAYS.

That got them from the divisional round to the Superbowl.

Whatever it takes.