• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

30 Year MLB Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was watching this thing on MLB Network last week and it was all about the game in the 20's and 30' they talked about all the greats and the great ***** league players, Josh Gibson, Satchel, Cool Papa Bell. Anyhow they talked a couple minutes about Carl Hubbell, they showed his screwball and talked about how messed up his arm looked when he threw it. There was this old guy I don't remember his name I believe he was a writer and he said I seen all the greats Walter Johnson, Christy, Old Pete, Cy he went on to say if my life was on the line and I had to pick one pitcher to win a game to save my life it would be Carl Hubbell. I thought that was very interesting.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was watching this thing on MLB Network last week and it was all about the game in the 20's and 30' they talked about all the greats and the great ***** league players, Josh Gibson, Satchel, Cool Papa Bell. Anyhow they talked a couple minutes about Carl Hubbell, they showed his screwball and talked about how messed up his arm looked when he threw it. There was this old guy I don't remember his name I believe he was a writer and he said I seen all the greats Walter Johnson, Christy, Old Pete, Cy he went on to say if my life was on the line and I had to pick one pitcher to win a game to save my life it would be Carl Hubbell. I thought that was very interesting.

I saw that... Then after the show they took him back to the psych-ward... :dhd:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who doesn't think Gibson and Paige weren't top 5 players of their era are kidding themselves. What if the ***** leagues were never shut down? Think no one would believe Barry Bonds could be as good as Mike Trout?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who doesn't think Gibson and Paige weren't top 5 players of their era are kidding themselves. What if the ***** leagues were never shut down? Think no one would believe Barry Bonds could be as good as Mike Trout?

Wait, do you think Bonds is even close to as good as Trout... :crazy:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn... I should have grabbed Rivera before you picked, WLK. Would you have grabbed Frank if I had?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn... I should have grabbed Rivera before you picked, WLK. Would you have grabbed Frank if I had?

No I have my sights on a couple of other guys over there... It's tricky with the years...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's believed Gibson hit somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 home runs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's believed Gibson hit somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 home runs.
If you go by eye witness accounts of people who saw both men play, he was every bit as, if not better than Ruth

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Satch was said to have pitched more than 2000 games... The great ***** league players would have been absolute superstars if they were allowed to play with the white players.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Satch was said to have pitched more than 2000 games... The great ***** league players would have been absolute superstars if they were allowed to play with the white players.
The ratio of great players would be no different than it is today. I think you could make an argument that the players of that era would have been even better. I hear all the stuff about modern era vs early era baseball and how kids today are better, but there's something a lot of people forget ... Up until the 50's, the greatest athletes in America playedbaseball . Today they play football and basketball. Imagine if therewas no NFL or NBA today and the athletes from those sports played nothing but baseball from a young age . Mike Trout is viewed as this unbelievable player, but I'll bet you my truck there isn't a thing he can do on a baseball field that Mantle or Mays couldn't do as well or better

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the post all three times! Also, I could not agree more!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure everyone loves their team but I really fuckin' love my team.

I did text Stoke.