• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

30 seconds

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However this game was played in your mind: sloppy, missed opportunities, bad red zone play, wide open WR. You needed 30 seconds from the defense, and we could not get it. 30 seconds!!! The offense did all it could all year to will this team to win. Sure it was not pretty, but they came up big when they needed to. Defense has not made a big play/stop all year. Yesterday was another example of that. I wish ND had the ball down with 30 seconds left, they would have won that game. UGH...I really have nothing else to say about this game, other than it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and my hatred for BVG.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame only rushed three on Stanford's last big pass play right? I don't understand how you blitz all season and when you need to force the opposing team to dump the ball early you play coverage and give the quarterback time to set up in the pocket. I'm a believer in blitzing there and forcing a quick throw and making a tackle and keeping the clock run. I still recall about 10 years ago my Green Bay Packers not blitzing on a 4th and 18 and ending up losing by not making the quarterback dump the ball off.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse part of the entire deal was I honestly do not believe Kizer got in on our last touchdown. If they call that down at the half yard line it's probably all a moot point and we're all happy this morning. We still had a timeout and would have had the ball inside the one yard line. Oh well.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you play prevent defense, you prevent yourself from winning. I hate it with a passion!! So frustrating that you let a good QB sit back there and wait for a WR to come open. Also another big stupid penalty on the def also. It comes down to coaching. There is a reason BVG has been all over the place. Time for him to find another coaching job.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense led this team. D let this team down. all that talent and VG had no clue how to use them

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be shocked if VG was back next year.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame only rushed three on Stanford's last big pass play right? I don't understand how you blitz all season and when you need to force the opposing team to dump the ball early you play coverage and give the quarterback time to set up in the pocket. I'm a believer in blitzing there and forcing a quick throw and making a tackle and keeping the clock run. I still recall about 10 years ago my Green Bay Packers not blitzing on a 4th and 18 and ending up losing by not making the quarterback dump the ball off.

It was 4th and 26 and the pass went to Freddie Mitchell. It allowed the Eagles to tie the game. In OT Favre threw a punt to Brian Dawkins at the 50 (no receiver anywhere near it and Favre just heaved it to Dawkins).

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 4th and 26 and the pass went to Freddie Mitchell. It allowed the Eagles to tie the game. In OT Favre threw a punt to Brian Dawkins at the 50 (no receiver anywhere near it and Favre just heaved it to Dawkins).
that was the play I was thinking about, sorry for not having the right yards down they had to travel, my memory not as good as I'd like. I do remember though that prior to that Green Bay had a half a yard to go and punted the ball and at that time had truly the best offensive line in football and a excellent running back and I remember thinking run the ball , get the first down and win the game but they didn't.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the play I was thinking about, sorry for not having the right yards down they had to travel, my memory not as good as I'd like. I do remember though that prior to that Green Bay had a half a yard to go and punted the ball and at that time had truly the best offensive line in football and a excellent running back and I remember thinking run the ball , get the first down and win the game but they didn't.

Yeah I am a diehard Eagles fan, so that play is one of those that made all the fans think they were destined to win the title. Needless to say the NFC Championship game was NOT one of the things to remember fondly about Andy Reid. As the next week playing without BWest the offense did nada and saw Carolina with Jake Delhomme go to the Super Bowl...Jake f'ing Delhomme....

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think back to last year's Stanford game. Koyack's go ahead miracle TD catch was with about :65 seconds left. Hogan had a chance to at least get it to FG range to force OT. Van Gorder released the hounds, especially on the last play of the game. It was 4th and long, and he brough everyone. Hogan intentionally grounded it causing a clock run off to end the game. Where was that this time. Short over the middle passes weren't going to get it done, so why not let them go and bring pressure. Also, why the F would you spy the QB. With 30 seconds left, let him run, the clock was their enemy there and we didn't use it to our advantage. And the dumb ass facemask penalty. He was boxed in the pocket with the clock ticking. Had they not touched him, he would have wasted enough time and either thrown it away or get tackled in bounds. Just a frustrating display all around. And yes, still bitching about it two days later.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as the defense shit the bed the last drive I blame the offense for the loss. You have to have touchdowns and not field goals.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as the defense shit the bed the last drive I blame the offense for the loss. You have to have touchdowns and not field goals.

I agree you do, but you should win a game you score 36 points in. They did get three field goals but scored 4 TD's one of them being a special teams TD. At the end of the day The offense kept them in the game so it's hard for me to blame them even with the issues in the red zone. Stanford were 8 for 12 on third down in the game that is a terrible job by Notre Dame's defense because it wasn't always short yardage situations either.