• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Warriors vs 6) Nuggets

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi Wiggins could very well be a piece GS keeps but I think if they do look to move him he is a great fit in CLE alongside JA, Mobley and Garland. Any pieces that would interest GS?

Not sure. I like a lot of your players but I think many of them would be off the table in a Wiggins trade. Wiggins will have some value this off season because he'll be a productive piece but he's also an expiring deal. The only player that I think would interest us who wouldn't be considered an untouchable would be Okoro for you guys. Garland, Allen, Mobley, Garland all off the table. But overall I don't think there's anything that makes sense for both teams.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be difficult at all. Problem is how do the Cavs and W's value Wiggins compared to his current contract. If Sexton fits in I'm not sure I would even swap Sexton + assets for Wiggins but they desperately need a 2-way wing.

They have Markkannen $17M, Okoro $7M (rookie contract), LeVert $17.5M and possibly Sexton if they extend him at $20-$25M.

Also, the Love expiring around $30M but I don't think that is much of anything.
Why would GS want those guys? Markannen isn’t as good as Wiggins. And Okoro LaVert and Sexton aren’t taking away minutes from Curry Klay and Poole.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. I like a lot of your players but I think many of them would be off the table in a Wiggins trade. Wiggins will have some value this off season because he'll be a productive piece but he's also an expiring deal. The only player that I think would interest us who wouldn't be considered an untouchable would be Okoro for you guys. Garland, Allen, Mobley, Garland all off the table. But overall I don't think there's anything that makes sense for both teams.
Allen would be a great piece for GS but I didn’t even consider him because like you said, Cavs likely see him as close to untouchable and they likely value him more than Wiggins.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen would be a great piece for GS but I didn’t even consider him because like you said, Cavs likely see him as close to untouchable and they likely value him more than Wiggins.

Warriors also have to be wary that they're going to need to give the bag to Jordan Poole this off-season. Thankfully for the organization his pay extension won't kick in until after Wiggins is off the books. So I think if the Warriors do trade Wiggins, it'll have to be for a championship piece or it'll have to be getting some form of contract relief back as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors also have to be wary that they're going to need to give the bag to Jordan Poole this off-season. Thankfully for the organization his pay extension won't kick in until after Wiggins is off the books. So I think if the Warriors do trade Wiggins, it'll have to be for a championship piece or it'll have to be getting some form of contract relief back as well.
Sixers are in the same spot with Harris. Both guys have contracts for more than what they’re worth so dealing them means you have to take back less than and when you stack it up you’re like…money is already spent and what they bring back may not even be better than what they give you presently.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are in the same spot with Harris. Both guys have contracts for more than what they’re worth so dealing them means you have to take back less than and when you stack it up you’re like…money is already spent and what they bring back may not even be better than what they give you presently.

In Wiggins case because he's an expiring they won't have to take back less for him in a trade. Worst case is that they don't move him at all and let him become a free agent at the end of the year. That's 33M off the books. So the Warriors will have options where they aren't forced to move Wiggins so they won't have to take back fractional returns.

If anything he could become the main centerpiece to a trade for a big name player. Who that might be, I don't know. But the Warriors also have Kuminga, Wiseman, Moody and almost all their 1sts going forward to trade or swap. Teams could do worse than 33M in cap relief, two prospects and future 1sts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would GS want those guys? Markannen isn’t as good as Wiggins. And Okoro LaVert and Sexton aren’t taking away minutes from Curry Klay and Poole.
Expiring deal and money. Like Sushi said Okoro is the only guy that makes sense and maybe LeVert, if they don't want to pay Poole, off the bench but I really don't think it makes sense for both teams overall. I think he actually stays in GS on another deal but we shall see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Wiggins case because he's an expiring they won't have to take back less for him in a trade. Worst case is that they don't move him at all and let him become a free agent at the end of the year. That's 33M off the books. So the Warriors will have options where they aren't forced to move Wiggins so they won't have to take back fractional returns.

If anything he could become the main centerpiece to a trade for a big name player. Who that might be, I don't know. But the Warriors also have Kuminga, Wiseman, Moody and almost all their 1sts going forward to trade or swap. Teams could do worse than 33M in cap relief, two prospects and future 1sts.
Lebron James Basketball GIF by NBA

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. FOR MONEY PURPOSES JACKASS.

Kuminga is on his way to being a star. I'm on the hype train, just as I was Jordan Poole coming into the season. Wiseman I think should be a serviceable starting center should he get healthy. Maybe not a #2 pick worthy and definitely nowhere near Lamelo, lol. But not bad. Moody's a solid lottery pick and he plays like a vet already.

Then you add in future 1sts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. FOR MONEY PURPOSES JACKASS.

Kuminga is on his way to being a star. I'm on the hype train, just as I was Jordan Poole coming into the season. Wiseman I think should be a serviceable starting center should he get healthy. Maybe not a #2 pick worthy and definitely nowhere near Lamelo, lol. But not bad. Moody's a solid lottery pick and he plays like a vet already.

Then you add in future 1sts.
How many games do they win with Steph, Poole, Klay, LBJ and Dray as their starting 5? Then you still keep Poole and Kuminga.

Send LA - Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody and a 1st

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games do they win with Steph, Poole, Klay, LBJ and Dray as their starting 5? Then you still keep Poole and Kuminga.

Send LA - Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody and a 1st
Do the Lakers do that deal?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Lakers do that deal?
Probably not but it depends on the situation and what kind of offers they get. Lebron would only accept a trade from a handful of teams and I'm sure GS would be one so that dramatically shifts the market for LA.

They most likely ask for Poole or Kuminga, probably Kuminga.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not but it depends on the situation and what kind of offers they get. Lebron would only accept a trade from a handful of teams and I'm sure GS would be one so that dramatically shifts the market for LA.

They most likely ask for Poole or Kuminga, probably Kuminga.
Agreed and I'm not sure the Ws would do that. I don't think LeBron has a no trade clause however...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. Warriors are in that luxury level right? So even if they shed the 33 they can’t exactly spend that

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Warriors are in that luxury level right? So even if they shed the 33 they can’t exactly spend that

Yeah, they won't be able to spend it, but they also don't have to pay the enormous luxury tax on it either. Makes it more palatable to extend Poole and use the MLE.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going with the upset, Nuggets in 6