• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 things from the game tonight

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. i hope this just proves no need for "enforcers" in the nhl. pointless on having 2 of them on this lineup

2. this is why the powerplay needs to be somewhat functional....you get a chance at the end of the game to end it and 4on3 in ot...gotta end it. glad they pulled the win out

3. the ice at prudential is HORRIBLE absolute HORRIBLE! my lord its a new arena can they please fix this problem

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enforcers are only good given the right circumstance, which is rarely. I thought Nick P had a nice game. Larsson (Swedish Hammer) was great. He got a minus on the only goal but that was totally on Zubrus, falling asleep as his guy dangled in front of Marty. Volchenkov another great showing. This is the guy that we signed, I'm going to say injuries effected him last year. ESP line was solid.

One thing I don't like is Tedenby on a line with Zubrus and Clarkson. Too often he was too fast for them, dangling the puck and skating all alone in the Kings zone looking to pass but nobody was there. Get him on a line with Kovy.

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree with Tedenby, he was flying tonight. Zubrus and Clarkson are way too slow to be on the same line with him. Speaking of these two, they should be the permanent 3rd/4th line players for the rest of the season....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enforcers are only good given the right circumstance, which is rarely. I thought Nick P had a nice game. Larsson (Swedish Hammer) was great. He got a minus on the only goal but that was totally on Zubrus, falling asleep as his guy dangled in front of Marty. Volchenkov another great showing. This is the guy that we signed, I'm going to say injuries effected him last year. ESP line was solid.

One thing I don't like is Tedenby on a line with Zubrus and Clarkson. Too often he was too fast for them, dangling the puck and skating all alone in the Kings zone looking to pass but nobody was there. Get him on a line with Kovy.

THATS WHAT I SAW SINCE THE CAROLINA GM!!!!!!!!!! :smash:

Teds needs to be with Kovy & Pal or sub Zubs with JJ......

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Kovy, we dont have a slapshot shooter/sniper/sharpshooter/etc....

that needs some addressing eventually by the deadline.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
get clarkson off the 1st pp also. final play of the game and he had a chance to give it back to open kovalchuk instead his head is always down on the ice and tries to spin it into the net.

moose looked good though esp in the shootout i was very impressed with him

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like clarkson on the first pp but i think he serves best in front of the net not in the slot.Like him or not Clarky is the best we have for that role on our pp

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all respect to you nasty but that goal is a little hard to pin on zubes. when you watch the replay he was backchecking pretty good, but was the victim of a shitty linechange that put him behind the play. that was probably on the ESP line as a whole for changing as the kings were entering the zone. meanwhile none of them get hit with a minus for it hahah. oh well. they can be allowed a mistake the way they've played

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
all respect to you nasty but that goal is a little hard to pin on zubes. when you watch the replay he was backchecking pretty good, but was the victim of a shitty linechange that put him behind the play. that was probably on the ESP line as a whole for changing as the kings were entering the zone. meanwhile none of them get hit with a minus for it hahah. oh well. they can be allowed a mistake the way they've played

If you put Tedenby on a line with Kovalchuk they'll be a -500 by the end of the year. hahaha. Tedenby, Clarkson, Zubrus has looked great early on. They were fine tonight. I was at the game and all the forwards looked decent except the fourth line after the first 10 minutes of the game.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This...plus on top of that, it was a nice pass between Larrson's legs. If anyone gets the blame, its ESP.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put Tedenby on a line with Kovalchuk they'll be a -500 by the end of the year. hahaha. Tedenby, Clarkson, Zubrus has looked great early on. They were fine tonight. I was at the game and all the forwards looked decent except the fourth line after the first 10 minutes of the game.

IDK, I mean, yes its early in the season etc... but Teds skillset really doesn't fit with the skillsets of Zubs & Clarkson IMO. That's not a knock on Zubs & Clarks but they're not ones who can read Teds' tendencies or creative puck handling so that when a pass is made, they're ready for it. Like the other poster said, Teds plays much faster than those two and needs a quick thinker vs big aggressive bodies....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah saw the replays, my bad. I was basing it off of who was the nearest Devil as the Kings player sat in front of the net doing what he wanted.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. i hope this just proves no need for "enforcers" in the nhl. pointless on having 2 of them on this lineup

2. this is why the powerplay needs to be somewhat functional....you get a chance at the end of the game to end it and 4on3 in ot...gotta end it. glad they pulled the win out

3. the ice at prudential is HORRIBLE absolute HORRIBLE! my lord its a new arena can they please fix this problem

1) I can't agree with this. You need enforcers especially as long as teams like the Flyers are around. Also I like to see an occasional fight. Finally, nothing wrong with having an enforcer when you have guys like Tedenby who probably weighs a 150 pounds. I think they help keep the game somewhat clean.

2) All the Powerplay is missing right now is results. They seem to be moving the puck fine. I think the results will finally show.

3) Agree. People on here are blaming Kovy for turnovers. Kovy stickhandles and if the ice blows, he will lose the puck. You could tell the ice was terrible. Didnt the Devils spend a ton of money on the ice quality? I remember when the Prudential Center was being built, they said how great the ice would be.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately as far as the ice goes mother nature has a far bigger say than most would think

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately as far as the ice goes mother nature has a far bigger say than most would think

Especially humidity. Don't worry guys it will get cold soon enough.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

you guys can have Jody Shelley if you want, then you could have 3 useless enforcers. :stevie:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I,m kind of liking Clarky and Teds together they had chemistry last year and it looks like its returning