• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Golden State Warriors vs (4) Dallas Mavericks WCF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and AD tried guarding Butler during the bubble and Butler still got off. Lebron and AD are better defenders than any of those guys, tbh. Smart is very good but he really isn't DPOY material. Smart is too undersized for Jimmy Butler and you don't want Tatum guarding him because he'll probably get in foul trouble. I never thought Brown was a top defender.
Um...yeah I got nothing. Sounds legit.

(wow)

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and AD tried guarding Butler during the bubble and Butler still got off. Lebron and AD are better defenders than any of those guys, tbh. Smart is very good but he really isn't DPOY material. Smart is too undersized for Jimmy Butler and you don't want Tatum guarding him because he'll probably get in foul trouble. I never thought Brown was a top defender.

I gotta completely disagree with the take that AD can guard Butler better than Tatum.

But like any great player they can't be guarded one on one. It's team defense for a reason

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are such a little girl sometimes. Holy shit let's win the series 'k?

After all these years, have you learned nothing? Monty has showed us that having a little bit of doubt in your team is healthy and it actually helps them win games.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all these years, have you learned nothing? Monty has showed us that having a little bit of doubt in your team is healthy and it actually helps them win games.
Don't toy with forces you don't understand...only a man as inept and loathsome as Monty can wield the awesome power of always being wrong. It's hard to be wrong all the time but that old bastard pulls it off and god damn it you don't have that kind of power

Of course there's doubt...this isn't 2017. Dallas has the best player still in the playoffs and are good defensively. Ws are not huge favorites here.

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta completely disagree with the take that AD can guard Butler better than Tatum.

But like any great player they can't be guarded one on one. It's team defense for a reason

I can see that, it's close, but I don't think either is shutting down Butler.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what we are all confused on is why is that an indication of whether Miami wins or not? Not saying they can't but again good players are going to get theirs regardless. The hope is to limit them as best you can.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t stand LeBron, but this statement is true.

I'm sure one of his motivating factors was Boston and the fact he couldn't get any decent free agents to cleveland

But yea...Boston. They drafted Pierce but brought in Allen and KG. All Lebron did was flip that on its head and make himself the one in charge of his own destiny.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure one of his motivating factors was Boston and the fact he couldn't get any decent free agents to cleveland

But yea...Boston. They drafted Pierce but brought in Allen and KG. All Lebron did was flip that on its head and make himself the one in charge of his own destiny.
It goes back WAY further than that. The Lakers have been doing “super teams” since at least the 70s.

And for the record, the Dubs was a super team, but I don’t put them in the same class. KD was the only core player who joined the monster team. Iggy joined up before they were THE dubs, and he was a good player, but not a game breaker. The real core of the Dubs was always Klay, Steph and Drey. All drafted and developed by the Dubs.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes back WAY further than that. The Lakers have been doing “super teams” since at least the 70s.

And for the record, the Dubs was a super team, but I don’t put them in the same class. KD was the only core player who joined the monster team. Iggy joined up before they were THE dubs, and he was a good player, but not a game breaker. The real core of the Dubs was always Klay, Steph and Drey. All drafted and developed by the Dubs.

No doubt on Lakers I'm just referencing why Lebron did what he did. What I saw worse about KD is that he joined the team that beat him.

But yea.... no one took issue with the Lakers doing that for years

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt on Lakers I'm just referencing why Lebron did what he did. What I saw worse about KD is that he joined the team that beat him.

But yea.... no one took issue with the Lakers doing that for years
He was one of the top 2-4 players in the game. Unless he stayed in OKC or went to the Lakers or Wizards (or maybe Boston) he was going to get shit. And so was the team that signed him. He went to a team that played the kind of ball he said he wanted to play (team ball that avoided one-on-one like the plague). I blame him more for going to Brooklyn and essentially putting together the exact kind of team he claimed to not to be a part of.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, they aren’t.

LeBron is not a great defender anymore and while AD was certainly in 2020, Butler is not a good matchup.

Smart and Grant Williams are ideal primary defenders for Butler, and Brown and Tatum can do the job also.

There isn’t another team in the NBA with more high quality options for the task.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody completely shuts down a top player.

But the Celtics match up great with anybody on the defensive end.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Smart is very good but he really isn't DPOY material. Smart is too undersized for Jimmy Butler...
:L

Dude... Marcus Smart was just tasked to guard Giannis in Game 7 against Milwaukee.

(!)