• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Golden State Warriors vs (4) Dallas Mavericks WCF

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with first 2. Less so on #3. I think when a team is down that much, that late, they aren't looking to win the game. They're just playing out the string and getting the reserves some run.

Where I do agree is that the reserves don't see it that way. They see it as their opportunity to get more playing time. So, while the starters and coaches may have waved the white flag...the reserves have not. They probably don't think they're going to win either...but they aren't going to play like it.

Maybe Hail Mary isn't the best analogy. Kerr definitely didn't want his starters to burn more energy because he knew that their chances of winning were low, but I don't think he gave up on the game just yet. 29 points is a lot, but NBA offenses are so good nowadays at shooting 3's and scoring quickly, and he did have Poole out there. He was probably still holding out hope that the deficit could be cut down to striking distance in the final minutes of the game.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Hail Mary isn't the best analogy. Kerr definitely didn't want his starters to burn more energy because he knew that their chances of winning were low, but I don't think he gave up on the game just yet. 29 points is a lot, but NBA offenses are so good nowadays at shooting 3's and scoring quickly, and he did have Poole out there. He was probably still holding out hope that the deficit could be cut down to striking distance in the final minutes of the game.
You always 'hope' something like that happens but like the rest of us watching, they know when it's over.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm walking back the 'lay down' comments, that was sports trash talk. Mainly for Cane who thinks benching Kleber is relevant. But I stand by the gist of this. Am I the only one who notices how often teams at home down 3-0 win game 4? It happens most of the time.
More often than not that 3-0 lead turns into a sweep

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More often than not that 3-0 lead turns into a sweep
I quite doubt that, what do the stats say?

I'm specifically referring to the road team being up 3-0, losing that 4th game on the road. I bet that happens far more often than the road team sweeping.

I would bet if the home team is up 3-0 sweeps happen more often.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster is just here to troll.....must be bored since it's the offseason for football.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster is just here to troll.....must be bored since it's the offseason for football.
No he isn't...he's been a very solid poster here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I should just stop reading reddit, but there are a bunch of Warriors fans there complaining that Kerr messed up by bringing in Curry for Damion Lee when the Warriors had gotten the deficit down to 8 points with 3.5 minutes left. Some argue that the bench had made the comeback and deserved to finish the game. Others argue that if you bring in Curry, then you have to bring in the rest of the starters because Curry doesn't have enough chemistry with Poole, Moody, Kuminga, and Bjelica.

But come on, can you really complain about bringing in the greatest 3-point shooter eve when you still have 8 points to make up in 3.5 minutes? At that point, the comeback is still very unlikely, but Kerr was reasonably trying to improve the Warriors' chances by bringing in more firepower. Not every decision is going to work out. All we can ask for are reasonable decisions.

There is definitely a case to be made for letting the bench guys finish what they started and I'd bet that if this were the regular season, that is exactly what would have happened. But it's the playoffs with a chance to close the series and an 8 point deficit with over 3 minutes left is nothing. Especially when a team can shoot like the Warriors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see the difference in how the Warriors approached game 4 from how they did games 1-3 (and will do game 5) I don't know what to tell you. Again, I'm not saying something crazy here.

I don't know how to look this up but I would guess if the home team in a series is down 3-0 they win game 4 probably 80% of the time.

I think there is more to it than that.

I believe the team was unfocused and it started with Kerr. While I respect the hell out of his pre-game statement, a head coach saying that he isn’t going to talk about basketball before the game is a red flag that maybe the team isn’t focused.

I would bet all the team leaders were distracted.

But it wasn’t because they were up 3-0.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is more to it than that.

I believe the team was unfocused and it started with Kerr. While I respect the hell out of his pre-game statement, a head coach saying that he isn’t going to talk about basketball before the game is a red flag that maybe the team isn’t focused.

I would bet all the team leaders were distracted.

But it wasn’t because they were up 3-0.

I wouldn't go that far, but the team was definitely sluggish on the defensive end. I saw more in-game things that were sloppy. Slow rotations on defense. Bad switches. Not enough effort on the boards. Things that have been a calling card so far in these playoffs for the Warriors.

But on the flip side you also have to give credit to the Mavs. They came to play. They're in the conference finals for a reason. You have to take every game seriously.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quite doubt that, what do the stats say?

I'm specifically referring to the road team being up 3-0, losing that 4th game on the road. I bet that happens far more often than the road team sweeping.

I would bet if the home team is up 3-0 sweeps happen more often.
Written in 2017, so numbers might be slightly off.
NBA only a 3-0 lead ends in a swept in 4 62% of the time.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3