• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd Round - Who is the lineman?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are we getting in Round 2 and is he an instant starter?

For months, every mock draft gave us Alex Leatherwood in Round 2 - But he went very early in Round 1. There are a couple of guys that look like they have value in this spot, but I'm hoping there isn't a mini-run before we have a chance to pick.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Praying for Teven Jenkins.

If not, there are a few: Cosmi, Mayfield, Radunz, Dickerson, Meinerz.

I am confident we will wind up with one, especially with guys like Asante Samuel, Barmore, Koramoah, Moore and other still available. Especially for teams that already double dipped on offense in the first round, Jacksonville and the New York Jets.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose whomever is more compatible with our offense.

they better not screw this up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, if it were me, it would be a guy that projects to either G but also RT. Jenkins and Cosmi fit that bill pretty good. I think both are solid options at RT, but also have good ability to slide inside and play OG allowing some flexibility along the line with Reiff if he does well and should the Bengals look to re-sign him.

They could look to go pure guard, though, if they really feel both OT spots are secure and already have in mind to re-sign Reiff ... we'll see.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI has us taking the Notre Dame prospect.... My understanding is that their offensive linemen have done well recently.

Should be an interesting evening. To me, the entire draft rests on this next pick. We absolutely need to get it right. Barring injury, I think its a relatively sure thing that Chase is going to be an excellent wide out. He'll be surrounded by other playmakers, he has a qb that can get him the ball and he's in an offense that has a high value on three receiver sets and the passing game. And obviously, he has all the physical skills. We know what we got with him. But, given our recent history with high-round linemen and given the health of our prize qb, this next pick is everything.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI has us taking the Notre Dame prospect.... My understanding is that their offensive linemen have done well recently.

Should be an interesting evening. To me, the entire draft rests on this next pick. We absolutely need to get it right. Barring injury, I think its a relatively sure thing that Chase is going to be an excellent wide out. He'll be surrounded by other playmakers, he has a qb that can get him the ball and he's in an offense that has a high value on three receiver sets and the passing game. And obviously, he has all the physical skills. We know what we got with him. But, given our recent history with high-round linemen and given the health of our prize qb, this next pick is everything.
I agree. The next 3 rounds, IMO, are going to set the tone for this draft. In many ways, Chase comes graded out as a WIN for the Bengals, no doubt. But that win is only sustained if they can build around that OL in rounds 2-4.

A lot of depth at edge, OL, and DT the next few rounds. I really think the Bengals can find good value. Maybe the OT from ND, Brown from A&M at DT, or that guard out of Ilinois has been slated for 3rd round, but could push for a starting OG slot sooner than later. Or even Hudson in round 4 if he slides back...

I think I've also seen some LB's and Edges from OSU and others in rounds 3 and 4.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grabbed this off twitter from Brandon Thorn with the NFL:

1619794682279.png

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking...maybe we trade our 4th round pick and 2nd round pick (#38) to move up with Jacksonville (#33) and nab Teven Jenkins. We are still left with a 3rd rounder that I would seriously consider taking another OL, but if the value gets swallowed up by our pick in the 3rd round, take best player available that is not a WR or QB.

I worry the Jets are really going to be focused on Teven Jenkins and he will be gone.

Trade up, take Jenkins, and hope that Deonte Brown is available with our 3rd round pick. Stick some beef in there at guard to put next to Riley Reiff. I think Jenkins can take over for Reiff next year at RT and you have a solid OL making without being desperate to resign Reiff next year and overpay.