• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Utah Jazz vs LA Clippers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I just remembered. This really sucks for the Suns. Now the WCF start early, making it more likely CP3 is gonna miss time.

I expect there to be a 2-3 day break which will help. The ECF won't start until Tue or Wednesday at the earliest. The NBA usually like their series to be on the same schedule instead of a series being 2 games ahead of the other.

My guess is G2 probably won't be until Wednesday

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect there to be a 2-3 day break which will help. The ECF won't start until Tue or Wednesday at the earliest. The NBA usually like their series to be on the same schedule instead of a series being 2 games ahead of the other.

They'll add 3 day breaks to let series catch up with each other.

Sometimes in the conference finals, one team will play on a Thursday, then not again until Monday, and the other series will play 2 games in between.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It starts Sunday. He's probably missing game 1 for sure unless he's already tested negative. Might miss game 2 if things don't go well.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Simmons is done in Philly....regardless of Sunday's game 7 outcome.

I'd be curious what his trade value would be. It's really hard to give up on such a defensive talent and a guy who can handle the rock like that but he commands too much money for that offense. It's a tough situation.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be curious what his trade value would be. It's really hard to give up on such a defensive talent and a guy who can handle the rock like that but he commands too much money for that offense. It's a tough situation.
Yeah..it's all that and much more. Not sure where he ends up....but I have a feeling it'll somehow be in Miami or Dallas..or possibly even New Orleans. Just a gut sense. Those 3 teams will have some moving parts too...which might help facilitate a deal.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers first run to the WCF, congrats to Billy Crystal

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is Terrance Mann?
yahoo movies baseball GIF

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I. If they can get a 3 and D wing from somebody with the ability to guard 1-3 for him you can slide Maxey into those PG minutes. It’s just unclear what Simon’s value is and I would guess the range of value he has around the league would be very different from team to team. Ben would fit on an up tempo team that tries to play fast and needs some improved defense with a top defender. But it will always come back to does he have game that can be impactful in playoff basketball when transition is reduced and becomes more of a half court game. His only role in the half court is to start the offense with a first pass and then go to the baseline to get out of the way and hunt offensive boards. Simmons is more Ben Wallace in the half court than he is Magic Johnson (a player his skill set has been compared to).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..it's all that and much more. Not sure where he ends up....but I have a feeling it'll somehow be in Miami or Dallas..or possibly even New Orleans. Just a gut sense. Those 3 teams will have some moving parts too...which might help facilitate a deal.
I don’t think he fits with Miami. Butler didn’t like playing with him in Philly. I don’t see Dallas either. Luka is a ball dominant player. I don’t see what value they’d have in Ben because he can’t get spacing for Luka. Simmons to New Orleans though may be intriguing for both teams. If Morey can pry Brandon Ingram away for Ben Simmons (probably have to involve picks and players to match salaries up and such) that would be a couple. Embiid Ingram Harris would be ideal. Ingram is best as a 2nd option, and Harris as a third.
PG - Maxey
SG - Seth Curry
SF - Ingram
PF - Harris
C - Embiid

Thybulle, Milton, Hill, is your bench. Maybe they bring back Danny Green as well. Need the midlevel exception for Embiid’s back up. I don’t think Howard comes back.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he fits with Miami. Butler didn’t like playing with him in Philly. I don’t see Dallas either. Luka is a ball dominant player. I don’t see what value they’d have in Ben because he can’t get spacing for Luka. Simmons to New Orleans though may be intriguing for both teams. If Morey can pry Brandon Ingram away for Ben Simmons (probably have to involve picks and players to match salaries up and such) that would be a couple. Embiid Ingram Harris would be ideal. Ingram is best as a 2nd option, and Harris as a third.
PG - Maxey
SG - Seth Curry
SF - Ingram
PF - Harris
C - Embiid

Thybulle, Milton, Hill, is your bench. Maybe they bring back Danny Green as well. Need the midlevel exception for Embiid’s back up. I don’t think Howard comes back.

Zion for Ben

Make it happen

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion for Ben

Make it happen
An Embiid Zion pairing would be a negative. They can’t get spacing for each other. The only candidate of the two to be employed that way is Embiid and now you’re taking away what a top 5 player in the league does best. The piece in a New Orleans deal would be Ingram. He’s a good fit that slots Harris where he belongs as the teams 3rd option.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Embiid Zion pairing would be a negative. They can’t get spacing for each other. The only candidate of the two to be employed that way is Embiid and now you’re taking away what a top 5 player in the league does best. The piece in a New Orleans deal would be Ingram. He’s a good fit that slots Harris where he belongs as the teams 3rd option.

Agreed

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mann was the difference last night & Jackson also balled out.