• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Philadelphia Sixers vs Atlanta Hawks

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a conversation on upside. Embiid missed his entire rookie season with a foot injury from college. Embiid has always had an injury history. But I'd still roll the dice with Embiid than with Simmons. At least Embiid's getting better, Simmons is starting to shell up, especially during the playoffs.

Not sure how Simmons is a more versatile player when Simmons won't even attempt a jump shot and is scared to go to the free throw line. Yes, he's a good rebounder and defender, but at $30 mil+ per year, you're expected to also be a scorer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has already been posted..but.....

Doc & the Sixers have a contingency plan for Ben Simmons....

Which means shooting with the "right" hand apparently...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, as far as I know, I was the first guy in here to post about Simmons shooting with the wrong hand.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to the poster who said Simmons had no value , according to ESPN, no team has expressed interest in a Simmons trade…

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to the poster who said Simmons had no value , according to ESPN, no team has expressed interest in a Simmons trade…
We'll see once the playoffs are over....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m no longer torn on this. Simmons can’t play another game in a Sixers uniform. The fanbase and the city have turned against him. That play last night where he gives up a dunk so that Thybulle gets fouled was ridiculous and it doesn’t fly in Philly. You can be a lot of things and survive the ire of the fans but you can’t be a pussy in a big spot.

This is a prime example of how Philly fans “supported” Ben Simmons.

Multiple pages of 6er fans saying he can’t play another game in a 6er uniform and that he has to go because the city has turned against him.

And then when he doesn’t want to come back and play the next year, you change the narrative to:

“We always supported him and he quit on us”.

Nah bro.

Philly fans quit on Simmons before Simmons quit on Philly. The proof is all right here.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a prime example of how Philly fans “supported” Ben Simmons.

Multiple pages of 6er fans saying he can’t play another game in a 6er uniform and that he has to go because the city has turned against him.

And then when he doesn’t want to come back and play the next year, you change the narrative to:

“We always supported him and he quit on us”.

Nah bro.

Philly fans quit on Simmons before Simmons quit on Philly. The proof is all right here.
And I mean 110% of every word posted in both situations and both are true.

For years Sixers fans stood behind the guy. Gave him standing ovations at the foul line as he shot like 35%. But when the season was done and he had yet again quit on the Sixers in the playoffs the fanbase turned on him.

Ben Simmons is soft. Ben Simmons enjoys all of things that come with being great at basketball but Ben Simmons doesn’t care about winning.

I’m sick and tired of this narrative about Philly fans especially when people have been able to see the whole story arc here. He never takes the floor this season. He quit on another locker room. And yet this is still the fault of the big bad Philly fans. Lazy lazy lazy hot takes. This is a Ben Simmons issue. Nobody else is responsible. This is on Ben Simmons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For years Sixers fans stood behind the guy. Gave him standing ovations at the foul line as he shot like 35%. But when the season was done and he had yet again quit on the Sixers in the playoffs the fanbase turned on him.

Ben Simmons is soft. Ben Simmons enjoys all of things that come with being great at basketball but Ben Simmons doesn’t care about winning.

I’m sick and tired of this narrative about Philly fans especially when people have been able to see the whole story arc here. He never takes the floor this season. He quit on another locker room. And yet this is still the fault of the big bad Philly fans. Lazy lazy lazy hot takes. This is a Ben Simmons issue. Nobody else is responsible. This is on Ben Simmons.

Ben Simmons did not quit on the 6ers in the playoffs.

He played like garbage, probably for many reasons.

And in my opinion, one of them is related to his mental health issues.

The story arc hasn’t changed. Simmons has many flaws to be sure. If he was faking his mental health issues, as you and many other 6er fans have clung to, he probably would have been in better shape when he got traded and he would have played soon after.

You need to start realizing that his mental issues probably were a major cause of his poor play if not THE cause. And if that is true, yes, Philly fans 100% quit on Simmons.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons did not quit on the 6ers in the playoffs.

He played like garbage, probably for many reasons.

And in my opinion, one of them is related to his mental health issues.

The story arc hasn’t changed. Simmons has many flaws to be sure. If he was faking his mental health issues, as you and many other 6er fans have clung to, he probably would have been in better shape when he got traded and he would have played soon after.

You need to start realizing that his mental issues probably were a major cause of his poor play if not THE cause. And if that is true, yes, Philly fans 100% quit on Simmons.
I’ve tired of your nonsense on this. You’re on some crusade. I’m paying attention to a playoff series. You can continue with your trash Philly fans narrative. But for the record, a guy who goes all of games 4-7 not taking a single shot in the 4th quarter has quit.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tlance is a douchebag. Just ignore him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve tired of your nonsense on this. You’re on some crusade. I’m paying attention to a playoff series. You can continue with your trash Philly fans narrative. But for the record, a guy who goes all of games 4-7 not taking a single shot in the 4th quarter has quit.

And that where the problem lies.

I have dealt with confidence issues in sports before. I know what it is like.

I can go out right now and make 90 out of 100 shots from the high school 3 point line in shoot around. Most of the time I shoot very well in games too and I am always “the shooter” that opposing teams key on in leagues where people know me.

But I have gone through some hellacious slumps in my life.

A couple times, always playing in leagues where people didn’t know me, it got so bad that opposing teams were leaving me open because I was going like 0-5, 1-7.

And guess what?

I started passing up shots and shooting reluctantly when I did shoot. Because my confidence was shaky in those moments. Shooting reluctantly almost always results in a miss.

That is what I saw from Ben Simmons in those playoffs. A man whose confidence was absolutely shattered.

And you all shitted on him at his lowest low.

Whereas my teammates knew who I was. They supported me and told me to keep shooting. And eventually I would break out of my slumps.

I believe things would have played out a lot different if 6er fans had truly supported Simmons like you claim they did.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can go out right now and make 90 out of 100 shots from the high school 3 point line in shoot around. Most of the time I shoot very well in games too and I am always “the shooter” that opposing teams key on in leagues where people know me.

A couple times, always playing in leagues where people didn’t know me, it got so bad that opposing teams were leaving me open because I was going like 0-5, 1-7.

And guess what?

I started passing up shots and shooting reluctantly when I did shoot. Because my confidence was shaky in those moments. Shooting reluctantly almost always results in a miss.

That is what I saw from Ben Simmons in those playoffs. A man whose confidence was absolutely shattered.

Whereas my teammates knew who I was. They supported me and told me to keep shooting. And eventually I would break out of my slumps.

I believe things would have played out a lot different if 6er fans had truly supported Simmons like you claim they did.
That's your right to an opinion, but there's a lot of reasonable people who have a different one. You rarely entertain the idea that you're wrong about something.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your right to an opinion, but there's a lot of reasonable people who have a different one. You rarely entertain the idea that you're wrong about something.

I have said many times I could be wrong about Simmons.

Many times.

It is the folks on the other side who say they know 100% that he is faking.

And the struggles he went through last postseason could very well be symptoms of a larger issue that these Philly fans just don’t care about because the player didn’t help them win when it mattered most.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many times.

And the struggles he went through last postseason could very well be symptoms of a larger issue that these Philly fans just don’t care about because the player didn’t help them win when it mattered most.
Could very well be. Could very well not be. Also, if a player acts like he has his whole life, he's soft and just not fit for NBA success at a high level no matter how badly he's treated AT THE END in Philly.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And guess what?

I don’t. If a player can’t deal with the chatter the sport will eat him up. If he truly does have mental health issues there’s nothing fans can do to fix that or heal that and when nothing is said until 3-4 months after the fact the fans aren’t responsible for not having clairvoyance and instead treating him as fans do underperforming athletes. Ben Simmons is best suited in a city where they don’t care about sports.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many times.

It’s disingenuous to say it was one post season. In every playoff exit the Sixers have had since Ben came to the Sixers he did a disappearing act. 2018 - Celtics, 2019- Raptors, 2021 - Hawks. It wasn’t one playoff. It was every playoff.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could very well be. Could very well not be. Also, if a player acts like he has his whole life, he's soft and just not fit for NBA success at a high level no matter how badly he's treated AT THE END in Philly.

And yet, despite his flaws he has been an all star