• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Philadelphia Sixers vs Atlanta Hawks

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s disingenuous to say it was one post season. In every playoff exit the Sixers have had since Ben came to the Sixers he did a disappearing act. 2018 - Celtics, 2019- Raptors, 2021 - Hawks. It wasn’t one playoff. It was every playoff.

Okay, but not nearly to the extent of 2021.

I am obviously not changing your mind on this. Of course fans aren’t expected to be clairvoyant and assume a player has mental health issues.

BUT.

Playing poorly is not the same as quitting. Not fair to equate the two. He can’t handle the big moments and may not ever be able to.

And it is all right here.

There was zero talk from Ben Simmons about demanding a trade or not playing in Philly until Philly fans said his time in Philly was done.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but not nearly to the extent of 2021.

I am obviously not changing your mind on this. Of course fans aren’t expected to be clairvoyant and assume a player has mental health issues.

BUT.

Playing poorly is not the same as quitting. Not fair to equate the two. He can’t handle the big moments and may not ever be able to.

And it is all right here.

There was zero talk from Ben Simmons about demanding a trade or not playing in Philly until Philly fans said his time in Philly was done.
That’s not true. We have been seeing stuff since his rookie year that he wants to bolt for the west coast. There was even an issue with Magic Johnson getting caught up with tampering. He would go to LA in every off season. He’s always had one foot in and one foot out of Philly. Quite honestly my friend, you’re only focused on a small fraction of everything here.

And you may disagree but in my eyes when you refuse to add to your game in the NBA, when you go through playoffs and your inadequacies are placed under the microscope and you don’t address those things and publicly challenge anyone who implies these things should be addressed you are in effect quitting and saying my individual accolades, making All NBA defense and All Star teams is good enough for me. That’s a level of quitting. Just as we did for Markelle Fultz, Philly showed immense love, support, and patience with Ben Simmons. But there’s a breaking point for all things. Ben was given more than the benefit of the doubt and when the shit hit the fan, he showed his true colors. It was the fault of Embiid and Doc for making comments. It was the fault of Philly fans for being critical. It’s always someone else’s fault.

I’m just glad that this guy is no longer the daily problem of the Sixers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not true. We have been seeing stuff since his rookie year that he wants to bolt for the west coast. There was even an issue with Magic Johnson getting caught up with tampering. He would go to LA in every off season. He’s always had one foot in and one foot out of Philly. Quite honestly my friend, you’re only focused on a small fraction of everything here.

And you may disagree but in my eyes when you refuse to add to your game in the NBA, when you go through playoffs and your inadequacies are placed under the microscope and you don’t address those things and publicly challenge anyone who implies these things should be addressed you are in effect quitting and saying my individual accolades, making All NBA defense and All Star teams is good enough for me. That’s a level of quitting. Just as we did for Markelle Fultz, Philly showed immense love, support, and patience with Ben Simmons. But there’s a breaking point for all things. Ben was given more than the benefit of the doubt and when the shit hit the fan, he showed his true colors. It was the fault of Embiid and Doc for making comments. It was the fault of Philly fans for being critical. It’s always someone else’s fault.

I’m just glad that this guy is no longer the daily problem of the Sixers.

And I am sure that is all true.

6ers fault for not trading him sooner.

Also the 6ers fault for staying with Brett Brown as head coach because the team won a few games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am sure that is all true.

6ers fault for not trading him sooner.

Also the 6ers fault for staying with Brett Brown as head coach because the team won a few games.
And I’m here for all of that and have said that the moment was summer of 19 when the team chose Brown and Simmons over Jimmy Butler. They could have had Monty Williams as their coach. A core of Embiid Butler and Harris and whatever would have come back in a Simmons trade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I’m here for all of that and have said that the moment was summer of 19 when the team chose Brown and Simmons over Jimmy Butler. They could have had Monty Williams as their coach. A core of Embiid Butler and Harris and whatever would have come back in a Simmons trade.

Yeah, that would have been a lot better.

And you would have been able to return some serous assets for Simmons at that time.