• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Milwaukee Bucks vs Brooklyn Nets

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus you can be incredibly stubborn. You're a smart enough guy about the game to know its more than just Coach Bud but its the point you've decided to drill down on so you won't budge. Anybody can clearly see that Lopez fucked up. It's asinine to absolve him. Lopez is involved in the action. They're trying to get the ball to Giannis, but Blake Griffin is literally grabbing him the whole time. It's blown up. At that point, you have to get the ball in bounds. Lopez is open, you throw it to him because you need to get the ball in bounds. He can shoot 3s, shoot them well and he's a good passer. He's one of the better starting centers in the league. He's capable in the situation he's in. It's not like he's some low IQ, paint bound center with stone hands. It's not a bad plan to have him slip out if the action is blown up. 1st option is gone. Now you just need to get the ball in bounds. You've successfully in bounded the ball. It's now up to Lopez to make the right decision. It's not Bud's fault that Lopez got the ball, froze when there was no pass after he caught it, then turned his back to basket, held the ball, and then passed. He fucked up. He played like a player that didn't realize he only had 2.1 seconds. He played like a player that thought the shot clock was off. I'm done discussing this play that ultimately didn't affect the Bucks win.

Dude. You need to chill out.

You want to blame Lopez, go ahead.

But You really need to watch the play again. Giannis was option 1. Lopez was the only other option. Tucker and Middleton weren’t in position to have a chance to get the ball and the 3rd playmaker was inbounding.

That is horrendous coaching.

A decent college team could have blown that play up.

If I am coaching and put a player in a position where he can’t possibly succeed, that is on me, not the player.

And had the Bucks lost and that play been the cause, I believe Bud would have owned the guilt because he knows it too.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus you can be incredibly stubborn. You're a smart enough guy about the game to know its more than just Coach Bud but its the point you've decided to drill down on so you won't budge. Anybody can clearly see that Lopez fucked up. It's asinine to absolve him. Lopez is involved in the action. They're trying to get the ball to Giannis, but Blake Griffin is literally grabbing him the whole time. It's blown up. At that point, you have to get the ball in bounds. Lopez is open, you throw it to him because you need to get the ball in bounds. He can shoot 3s, shoot them well and he's a good passer. He's one of the better starting centers in the league. He's capable in the situation he's in. It's not like he's some low IQ, paint bound center with stone hands. It's not a bad plan to have him slip out if the action is blown up. 1st option is gone. Now you just need to get the ball in bounds. You've successfully in bounded the ball. It's now up to Lopez to make the right decision. It's not Bud's fault that Lopez got the ball, froze when there was no pass after he caught it, then turned his back to basket, held the ball, and then passed. He fucked up. He played like a player that didn't realize he only had 2.1 seconds. He played like a player that thought the shot clock was off. I'm done discussing this play that ultimately didn't affect the Bucks win.

I think that @tlance is right in that it looked to be a poorly constructed play, especially if Lopez was truly the 2nd option. There were 2.1 seconds left in the game. Lopez is good and can shoot the 3, but he's too slow to have the ball with so little time left.

Having said that, you are also correct in placing a fair share of the blame on Lopez. He's a 13 year veteran and should know that he has to get a shot off. An off balance, contested shot from the corner is better than no shot at all (which is what they got) because there's at least a chance that the shot goes in or he gets fouled.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won this series already. :heh:

True that, but I see there is still spirited discussion on this thread so thought I would throw that out there :suds: