• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: LA Lakers vs Houston Rockets

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a worse superstar player than Westbrook? Carmelo maybe.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ isn't a superstar and neither is Carmelo

I never thought they were either, but I would guess that many NBA fans considered both superstars at some point. Russ did win an MVP after all.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden got his numbers but collectively, it looked the Houston was already checked out from the tip of the game. Lakers shot exceedingly well (and I really hope that carries over but I doubt it) but even if they shot their average, they still would have won. Houston didn't look like they wanted to be there. Still a little surprised that Houston basically made no adjustments. Lakers started to double Harden in Game 2 and Houston just said :noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are gonna beat the fuck out of the Panthers on Sunday.....

Slow down man. Getting a little too excited there.

Seriously though, I am good with the Raiders winning as long as McCaffery gets like 40 fantasy points.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought they were either, but I would guess that many NBA fans considered both superstars at some point. Russ did win an MVP after all.

It is a pretty vague definition.

Stats alone can get you in the superstar category for a awhile, but at some point you need playoff wins to stay there.

Melo and Russ were thought to be superstars until proven not to be.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a pretty vague definition.

Stats alone can get you in the superstar category for a awhile, but at some point you need playoff wins to stay there.

Melo and Russ were thought to be superstars until proven not to be.

Yeah, I was thinking of any player who ever was considered a superstar at one point. Russ has got to be one of the most disappointing playoff performers among those players. Was his MVP deserved?

But at the same time, I'm pretty sure that both Russ and Melo will make the Hall of Fame, so they aren't just lower level stars either.

Maybe there are different levels of superstardom. I think Russ and Melo were based mostly on media hype and being immensely popular with the fans. Even though they haven't been stellar in the playoffs, that hype and popularity will easily get them into the Hall of Fame and give them lifetime status as NBA greats.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking of any player who ever was considered a superstar at one point. Russ has got to be one of the most disappointing playoff performers among those players. Was his MVP deserved?

But at the same time, I'm pretty sure that both Russ and Melo will make the Hall of Fame, so they aren't just lower level stars either.

Maybe there are different levels of superstardom. I think Russ and Melo were based mostly on media hype and being immensely popular with the fans. Even though they haven't been stellar in the playoffs, that hype and popularity will easily get them into the Hall of Fame and give them lifetime status as NBA greats.

They are HOF players for sure.

I didn’t think Russ deserved the MVP when he got it. His triple double seasons were great and all, but with such poor efficiency I don’t believe they really helped the team win as much as he was given credit for.

And before people jump on this, I am not saying Russ hurt his team. He definitely helped.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice close-out to the semis by the Lakers in a decisive fashion primarily using the adjustments to their defense to end the Houston run. Vogel has been credited with changes in the defense to slow-down Houston's offense and force Houston to have other players not named Harden to beat them. Well done by the coaching staff and the players to get the Lakers to the next step which is the WCF. Should be fun to see who the Lakers will face in that series.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Lakers are just waiting around.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Lakers are just waiting around.....

Definitely a good thing for rest but how hot they were..maybe a bad thing. All I know is even though the Nuggets are playing some great basketball, the Lakers are hoping the Nugs win this series. They don't have the deep playoff experience the Clippers have.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a good thing for rest but how hot they were..maybe a bad thing. All I know is even though the Nuggets are playing some great basketball, the Lakers are hoping the Nugs win this series. They don't have the deep playoff experience the Clippers have.
I think we win either series but yeah I'd prefer the Nuggets.....we have 3 guys to throw at Jokic.....and they can't answer James or AD defensively.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we win either series but yeah I'd prefer the Nuggets.....we have 3 guys to throw at Jokic.....and they can't answer James or AD defensively.

Still weary about the Clippers. Paul George for some reason seems to play really good when he is facing Lebron...they aren't playing great basketball right now but I'm sure they will find motivation playing Lebron and the Lakers. Yeah definitely preference should be the Nuggets, like you said, the bigs will be key guarding Jokic...the Clippers don't have many bigs and it's killing them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still weary about the Clippers. Paul George for some reason seems to play really good when he is facing Lebron...they aren't playing great basketball right now but I'm sure they will find motivation playing Lebron and the Lakers. Yeah definitely preference should be the Nuggets, like you said, the bigs will be key guarding Jokic...the Clippers don't have many bigs and it's killing them.

Agree.

Honestly, with how the Lakers role players have been performing, I'm less concerned about that than I was before the playoffs started. What concerns me, and this is where the Clippers advantage is compared to the Nuggets, the Clippers have 2 guys who can at least bother Lebron and AD. I don't think the Nuggets have anyone who can do that.