• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: LA Lakers vs Houston Rockets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden didn't toss the ball outta bounds with the clock running out...

That was game 6 and Russ is coming off injury. He was much better in game 7. Houston will be ok with Russ dropping 20 and 9 on just under 50% shooting and only 2 turnovers

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was game 6 and Russ is coming off injury. He was much better in game 7. Houston will be ok with Russ dropping 20 and 9 on just under 50% shooting and only 2 turnovers

guess we'll see, but Westbrick HAS been known to do heroball in his career...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess we'll see, but Westbrick HAS been known to do heroball in his career...

I agree with that. He's been playing smart basketball this year. Not attempting all those silly 3's that he used to but we'll see as you said

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that going 7 games though, D'antoni is really good with just one or two players doing everything

I'd be a bit surprised if it goes 7.

Houston just came off of a tough 7 games series and while the Rockets are really good, they're also really small. It's going to be tough for them to have to score over and around that size for that many games in a row.

I think it'll be similar to the Portland series.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers lost game 1 (rest vs. rust) but the rest of the games will likely be similar with the Rockets staying close for awhile and the Lakers pulling away as their size wears the Rockets down.

The one difference being that Russ is more dynamic a 2nd option than CJ and that will get the Rockets 1 more game.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Houston just came off of a tough 7 games series and while the Rockets are really good, they're also really small. It's going to be tough for them to have to score over and around that size for that many games in a row.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers lost game 1 (rest vs. rust) but the rest of the games will likely be similar with the Rockets staying close for awhile and the Lakers pulling away as their size wears the Rockets down.

The one difference being that Russ is more dynamic a 2nd option than CJ and that will get the Rockets 1 more game.
In my opinion, AD and LJ is the best combo in the NBA and it will be the depth but the Lakers have to remember to play defense and take the Rockettes seriously

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, AD and LJ is the best combo in the NBA and it will be the depth but the Lakers have to remember to play defense and take the Rockettes seriously

Agree. The Lakers are the only team with 2 top 5 players, so they have the best combo in the league.

We know what Lebron will do. There was concern about AD because his playoff experience was limited, but he looked good against the Blazers. Those 2 give them a good shot against anyone.

But, to get a title, the role players are going to have to continue to step up. It would be great if Kuzma can truly become that 3rd option that he wants to be.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The Lakers are the only team with 2 top 5 players, so they have the best combo in the league.

We know what Lebron will do. There was concern about AD because his playoff experience was limited, but he looked good against the Blazers. Those 2 give them a good shot against anyone.

But, to get a title, the role players are going to have to continue to step up. It would be great if Kuzma can truly become that 3rd option that he wants to be.
Westbrook and Hardin could really be good if they werent we selfish:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is the furthest thing from selfish

Yes and no.

The guy has averaged a triple double for an entire season before, so he clearly doesn't have a problem passing the ball.

However, he also has a tendency to slip into "hero ball" and will sometimes shoot his team out of games because he won't stop shooting. Which could be considered selfish.

For players at his talent level, there are times when they need to be selfish, especially if they are having a good game.

But, those players also have to know when to stop shooting and find another way to help the team and that's where he gets into trouble at times.

At least through the regular season, he seems to have done a better job of that this year, but he also hasn't played a lot in the playoffs yet. If I'm the Lakers, part of my goal on defense would be to try to goad him into playing hero ball.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

The guy has averaged a triple double for an entire season before, so he clearly doesn't have a problem passing the ball.

However, he also has a tendency to slip into "hero ball" and will sometimes shoot his team out of games because he won't stop shooting. Which could be considered selfish.

For players at his talent level, there are times when they need to be selfish, especially if they are having a good game.

But, those players also have to know when to stop shooting and find another way to help the team and that's where he gets into trouble at times.

At least through the regular season, he seems to have done a better job of that this year, but he also hasn't played a lot in the playoffs yet. If I'm the Lakers, part of my goal on defense would be to try to goad him into playing hero ball.
Exactly ...But they dont dont the support that AD and LJ has. Dantani runs a smaller line up

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You beat size with three pointers obviously, the Lakers perimeter defense is not top level

But I don't think they can shoot their way to 4 wins

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most know my stance on the Lakers. Not a fan of the Bearded One or Westbrick. Picking a team to root for in this series is like picking which turd smells better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most know my stance on the Lakers. Not a fan of the Bearded One or Westbrick. Picking a team to root for in this series is like picking which turd smells better.

Obviously you root for the Rockets.

Because the Celtics play a similar style to what the Rockets do, they just play it better.

That would be the ideal finals opponent for the Cs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you root for the Rockets.

Because the Celtics play a similar style to what the Rockets do, they just play it better.

That would be the ideal finals opponent for the Cs

Yeah gotta lean towards the Rockets in this match up. Don't have a lotta faith in them pulling off the upset.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how Lakers fans went from hating LeBron to loving him.