• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: LA Lakers vs Houston Rockets

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player personnel movements in Houston and, to some extent the rest of the league, are predicated (to a degree) on who the HC is or will be. D'Antoni has already given notice he is not coming back as the coach so I am quite sure, nobody will be moved until the Houston brass settles who the next coach will be.

That being stated, in all probability Vogel will be back as HC of the Lakers and the rumored move of Giannis to the Lakers in the future has a better chance of being a reality because of that and Giannis' desire to play with his brother who is already on the roster. Should be interesting to see how things play out as another rumor of Lonzo Ball returning to the Lakers in the summer of 2021 is gaining traction.
The Bucks have told Giannis they are willing to go into the Luxury tax to improve the team.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks have told Giannis they are willing to go into the Luxury tax to improve the team.
Isn't Luxury tax for current players, do you just mean resigning him at a max deal.

I really don't know anymore, stepped away a bit, so these rules are foggy, but that sounds right.

Am I missing something new, old or completely? LOL

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas?

Love my hometown and ALL MY INTERNET BETTING CASH.
Yes Dallas,

I thought so you damned two timing SOB!!!!

I'm telling your ribeye'd cooking GF right before the bedding my man....

You live here locally, right?

LOL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware he was doing that. I think it's great bringing awareness. I didn't like his actions on the court. Doesn't matter how long ago it was. They were inexcusable. A legit question though. Why is it the only people that have an issue with my feelings about him happen Lakers fans? I wasn't badmouthing your team. Very strange.

It's funny. Lakers fans are far more loyal than we are often given credit for. You won't find any Lakers fans who like what he did earlier in his career. When he came to the Lakers, a lot of Lakers fans were very skeptical and didn't like the acquisition.

But, then the story got out that he begged Kobe to get him on the team, he was a lot of fun the whole time he was here, as Vita said, he was a big reason we got #16.

But considering the shot he hit to get #16 and who it was against, I guess I can understand a Celtics fan wanting to try to cut him down. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers get outscored 64-35 in the second half!!

And that's after having a 16 point lead to start the third in a close out game for the Clips!

So let's not under estimate this Nuggs team!

Besides, it's the Nuggs bigs that's giving the Clips problems. Either way, Nuggs or Clips, I think the Lakers biggest problem will be more rust in a Game 1, no matter the opponent.

Come on Vogel, go watch some tape and make up a couple of game plans for success in a G1 dammit! Your Lakers can't keep letting the lead off hitter on base with no outs each series and expect to win the series, the talent is getting deeper!

Not underestimating them at all. But, who do they have that can bother Lebron or AD?

The Clippers are defending Jokic with Zu and Montrezl. They are both solid, but the Lakers will have AD (who is better than Jokic), plus Javale and Dwight to run at him.

"Styles make fights" and I think the Nuggets style plays more into what the Lakers want to do than the Clippers.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not underestimating them at all. But, who do they have that can bother Lebron or AD?

The Clippers are defending Jokic with Zu and Montrezl. They are both solid, but the Lakers will have AD (who is better than Jokic), plus Javale and Dwight to run at him.

"Styles make fights" and I think the Nuggets style plays more into what the Lakers want to do than the Clippers.
We are on the same page. It wasn't you who was underestimating them, though you didn't challenge it in your post reply to those who were, so I did....

I think after the last series, we stack up well enough to either opponent, glad whoever comes out is in a G7 where we are resting,

Sure rust for the young players, but rest for the older, we have both so it's 50/50, and I'll take the Gentleman's Sweep over a hard fought 7 game series either way, every time.