• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an awesome game. I'm a defensive guy first and these are the kind of games that fire me up. Forget all this offensive crap, bring me some old school D!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Callahan is alright.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best game of the year by the D, and the O chewed clock and utilized 24 and 29 just like they should in these late-season games. Howard's best game of the season IMO, and I haven't even checked the stats.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best game of the year by the D, and the O chewed clock and utilized 24 and 29 just like they should in these late-season games. Howard's best game of the season IMO, and I haven't even checked the stats.
No TDS, and a safety. They fucking killed it all game. 200 total yds offense.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Trubisky played like ass. He had no accuracy for intermediate throws and you can't blame the weather or (like Goff) pressure. He looked like the pre-Detroit game Trubisky. Collinsworth showed some excellent stats about how terrible Trubisky is, going away from his primary read, which is what I've been echoing all year about the kid.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same, tho McManis made a couple of big plays late, and they went after him. Solid backup.
Was I the only one who thought at the beginning of this season that the only reason we kept McManis on the roster was due to his great STs play? But damn if this guy hasn't had one heck of a season. Any time he's had to come in, he's played pretty damn well. I'm shocked, but in a happy way.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was I the only one who thought at the beginning of this season that the only reason we kept McManis on the roster was due to his great STs play? But damn if this guy hasn't had one heck of a season. Any time he's had to come in, he's played pretty damn well. I'm shocked, but in a happy way.
Could be why the Bears don't pay Callahan in the off season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who broke BS? He seems humanish now.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to see 24 show up....It was a pleasant surprise.....We needed that after the not fest both and had going on out there........

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see 24 show up....It was a pleasant surprise.....We needed that after the not fest both and had going on out there........

24 showed up because Trubisky got pretty rattled and the coaching staff reined it in. The crowd was a huge factor and Nagy rolled with it. It was a good in-game adjustment, but it's definitely a half glass full vs half glass empty deal. Found a running game or lost a passing game? Mitch had his worst game of the season by far. Stay tuned.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hope has been all along that Harward may at least be able to shine when the weather turns nasty. While last night's conditions weren't really terrible, it was still one cold evening for an opponent whose players can hang out in shorts and tee shirts at home this time of year. We'll need Jordan again next week to continue pounding the ball. Nothing keeps a defense more honest, nor wears it down more than a solid running game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 showed up because Trubisky got pretty rattled and the coaching staff reined it in. The crowd was a huge factor and Nagy rolled with it. It was a good in-game adjustment, but it's definitely a half glass full vs half glass empty deal. Found a running game or lost a passing game? Mitch had his worst game of the season by far. Stay tuned.

Meh, he was rusty. 2 weeks off, throwing shoulder, cold game against a good defense.

He'll be fine.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, he was rusty. 2 weeks off, throwing shoulder, cold game against a good defense.

He'll be fine.

You're probably right. However...He's a 24 year old pro that you can see in actions and body language of the coaches around him that they treat like a college redshirt. It bothers me to a degree.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. However...He's a 24 year old pro that you can see in actions and body language of the coaches around him that they treat like a college redshirt. It bothers me to a degree.

well, there is no doubt that they are not asking him to do a ton in the passing game but he does add another element to his game with his running ability.

it is only his sophomore year so maybe as time goes on and they can make him better, they will open the reigns a bit.

he's played 4 teams with current winning records this season and has 7 td's with 8 int's so I think their coaching staff is probably doing the right thing by trying to limit his exposure right now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, there is no doubt that they are not asking him to do a ton in the passing game but he does add another element to his game with his running ability.

it is only his sophomore year so maybe as time goes on and they can make him better, they will open the reigns a bit.

he's played 4 teams with current winning records this season and has 7 td's with 8 int's so I think their coaching staff is probably doing the right thing by trying to limit his exposure right now.
Despite being a diehard Bears homer and unapologetic fan of Trubisky, the fact is he pretty much stunk up the joint last night. I believe in him and especially believe in how he will be playing in the coming years. But right now he's just not that good of a QB. Wait, let's make that he's simply too inconsistent to be ranked amongst the better QBs in this league, because he's definitely had some WOW games already, but he can't seem to string together more than a couple in a row. I'm also factoring in that he's in a new system, plus he's been handed an almost entirely new group of playmakers to work with. I get it, but that still doesn't excuse him for such inconsistency so late in the season.

I've been hoping all year that Nagy would employ more of a true west coast offense with a heavier dose of slants, crossing patterns, RB/WR screens, and the like. Now I have no problems whatsoever with the gadget plays. They're entertaining and they often work. But keeping the majority of plays in short-timing and easier passing patterns will allow Mitch to hone his game while learning the nuances of a more aggressive downfield offense. Sure, in order to keep the defense honest, he'd still have to air it out now and then. I have no problems with a 40 yard INT. Those are rarely returned and are generally considered the equivalent of a poorly timed punt.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite being a diehard Bears homer and unapologetic fan of Trubisky, the fact is he pretty much stunk up the joint last night. I believe in him and especially believe in how he will be playing in the coming years. But right now he's just not that good of a QB. Wait, let's make that he's simply too inconsistent to be ranked amongst the better QBs in this league, because he's definitely had some WOW games already, but he can't seem to string together more than a couple in a row. I'm also factoring in that he's in a new system, plus he's been handed an almost entirely new group of playmakers to work with. I get it, but that still doesn't excuse him for such inconsistency so late in the season.

I've been hoping all year that Nagy would employ more of a true west coast offense with a heavier dose of slants, crossing patterns, RB/WR screens, and the like. Now I have no problems whatsoever with the gadget plays. They're entertaining and they often work. But keeping the majority of plays in short-timing and easier passing patterns will allow Mitch to hone his game while learning the nuances of a more aggressive downfield offense. Sure, in order to keep the defense honest, he'd still have to air it out now and then. I have no problems with a 40 yard INT. Those are rarely returned and are generally considered the equivalent of a poorly timed punt.

yes, i think the goal for them at this point is to get more consistent play out of him but that may just take some time. He's seem very up and down from week to week.

I think Nagy is pretty sharp offensively minded and he will take a lot of time in the off-season to see what worked with Trubs this season, what didn't, and he will do more and more to play to Trubs strengths and work with him to improve his deficiencies.

If Trubisky is ever going to succeed in this league, he has the right guy teaching him in Nagy.