• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

247Sports post-spring bowl projections

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orange Bowl

When: Jan. 1, 2020
Where: Hard Rock Stadium; Miami Gardens, Fla.

Projected matchup: Miami vs. Michigan

Quick bite: Will Jim Harbaugh finally beat Ohio State and win the Big Ten? Should it happen, the Wolverines might be in the Playoff. Instead, we'll slot them here as an attractive at-large selection from the Big Ten. This ACC tie-in, by the way, is a shot in the dark. Asking Manny Diaz to reach the New Year's Six in his first season might be a bit aggressive, but the Hurricanes should be better offensively with Tate Martell at quarterback and that was the primary issue last season.

Rose Bowl

Where: Pasadena, Calif.

Projected matchup: Ohio State vs. Oregon

Quick bite: Oregon plays in Pasadena as the Pac-12 champion, just missing out on the final four along with Ryan Day's Buckeyes. Ohio State's win total, per oddsmakers, is set at 10 this season. There's just too many questions in the post-Urban Meyer era to pencil in the Buckeyes as a Playoff team ... at the moment. But if Justin Fields flourishes, Ohio State could certainly get there based on overall talent and depth.

Sugar Bowl

Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome; New Orleans, La.

Projected matchup: Texas vs. Florida

Quick bite: Will the Longhorns win the Big 12? Those in Austin are confident that Texas will be in the mix, but we're not going to project it just yet. Florida, coming off an impressive first season with Dan Mullen, are hoping to beat Georgia and get to Atlanta as champions of the SEC East.

Cotton Bowl

When: Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019;
Where: AT&T Stadium; Dallas, Texas;

Projected matchup: Notre Dame vs. UCF

Quick bite: Former Notre Dame quarterback Brandon Wimbush gets a shot to beat his former team in yet another major bowl game for the Knights, who will have to get past a tricky schedule this season that includes Stanford to be the top qualifier for the NY6 from the Group of 5.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFP Semifinals (Chick-fil-A Bowl)

When: Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019
Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium; Atlanta, Ga.

Projected matchup: No. 1 Clemson vs. No. 4 Georgia

Quick bite: Any chance we could make this an annual rivalry game? These programs are a stone's throw away from each other and we're talking about two annual Top 5s. Earlier this year, we projected the Bulldogs to beat Alabama in the SEC Championship Game to secure a spot in the final four, but we're scaling back a bit. After getting left out last season, the selection committee puts Georgia in as the four-seed at-large against the defending national champions. Instant sellout in Atlanta.

CFP Semifinals (Fiesta Bowl)

Where: State Farm Stadium; Glendale, Ariz.

Projected matchup: No. 2 Alabama vs. No. 3 Oklahoma

Quick bite: Here it is — the matchup we all wanted to see (again). Much like basketball analysts dream for Duke-UNC in the Final Four, the football guys are craving Alabama vs. Jalen Hurts at the end of the year. Can you imagine the hype for this showdown in Glendale, Ariz.? Alabama has is trying to reach its fifth consecutive national championship game and has revenge on its minds after suffering the worst loss in Nick Saban's tenure to end the 2018 season.

CFP Championship

When: Monday, Jan. 13, 2020

Projected matchup: No. 1 Clemson vs. No. 2 Alabama

Quick bite: Wash, rinse and repeat. This is where we're heading again in 2019 — college football's two best teams trading blows in New Orleans for all the marbles. Will Saban's revenge tour end differently this time around? For those crying about the game's lack of parity, this one feels inevitable. Alabama and Clemson are clearly the two most talented teams heading into fall and it would take a major surprise not to see this matchup again in the final.The Crimson Tide and Tigers are the only teams with preseason win total over-unders set at 11.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotton Bowl

When: Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019;
Where: AT&T Stadium; Dallas, Texas;

Projected matchup: Notre Dame vs. Cincinnati

CFP Championship

Projected matchup: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Syracuse

Fixed :suds:

And Michigan vs Florida will always play each other in December for now on. Don't know what bowl, but it's gonna happen.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFP Semifinals (Chick-fil-A Bowl)

Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium; Atlanta, Ga.

Projected matchup: No. 1 Clemson vs. No. 4 Georgia

Quick bite: Any chance we could make this an annual rivalry game? These programs are a stone's throw away from each other and we're talking about two annual Top 5s. Earlier this year, we projected the Bulldogs to beat Alabama in the SEC Championship Game to secure a spot in the final four, but we're scaling back a bit. After getting left out last season, the selection committee puts Georgia in as the four-seed at-large against the defending national champions. Instant sellout in Atlanta.

CFP Semifinals (Fiesta Bowl)

Where: State Farm Stadium; Glendale, Ariz.

Projected matchup: No. 2 Alabama vs. No. 3 Oklahoma

Quick bite: Here it is — the matchup we all wanted to see (again). Much like basketball analysts dream for Duke-UNC in the Final Four, the football guys are craving Alabama vs. Jalen Hurts at the end of the year. Can you imagine the hype for this showdown in Glendale, Ariz.? Alabama has is trying to reach its fifth consecutive national championship game and has revenge on its minds after suffering the worst loss in Nick Saban's tenure to end the 2018 season.

CFP Championship

Projected matchup: No. 1 Clemson vs. No. 2 Alabama

Quick bite: Wash, rinse and repeat. This is where we're heading again in 2019 — college football's two best teams trading blows in New Orleans for all the marbles. Will Saban's revenge tour end differently this time around? For those crying about the game's lack of parity, this one feels inevitable. Alabama and Clemson are clearly the two most talented teams heading into fall and it would take a major surprise not to see this matchup again in the final.The Crimson Tide and Tigers are the only teams with preseason win total over-unders set at 11.

I could see this all playing out but the PAC is weaker than the Big 12 so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a PAC make it in as a sacrificial Lamb. I’m guessing we’re a year away from being able to win the CFP over the likes of Bama and Clemson.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see 2 SEC teams, Clemson and ND make it leaving out 3 conferences. Almost happened last year. But I don't think ND can make it without beating UGA, and we aren't beating UGA.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed :suds:

And Michigan vs Florida will always play each other in December for now on. Don't know what bowl, but it's gonna happen.
Sometimes they play in September. But they must play every year.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Citrus Bowl
Where: Orlando, Fla.

Projected matchup: Nebraska vs. LSU

giphy.gif

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is definitely the front runner again to represent the Group of 5 in a NY6 bowl but I’m curious as to what the writer means by saying they have a tricky schedule. What exactly does that mean? I think it looks very manageable again. They will probably even be able to get in with a loss as long as they win their conference. The only real threat to them at that point would be the Mountain West champion which I doubt will emerge undefeated.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d watch that game though for sure.

Boise versus USC in the Las Vegas Bowl. The lol there is that’s our conference’s best bowl tie in.

Ohh I’d take that in a heartbeat (Texas bowl vs Auburn) I’m just not sure I even see us making a bowl anymore. That’s my lol.

Keep your chin up, I believe Boise can get back to where they were under Peterson.