• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #22 USC @ Texas || FOX || 7:00 p.m. CST || TEX -3.5

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Texas! You had us TOTALLY discombobulated in the second half. :L

:drink:

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not be wrong.

They hit some adversity late in the 2nd quarter with that bad call on the safety. Then when a couple of other things didn't go their way...they melted down. Looked a lot like what I remember from the Hackett years.

Hopefully shit gets turned around and this ends up looking like a better win for you guys.

THAT was definitely a BAD stretch of years for USC football.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not be wrong.

They hit some adversity late in the 2nd quarter with that bad call on the safety. Then when a couple of other things didn't go their way...they melted down. Looked a lot like what I remember from the Hackett years.

Hopefully shit gets turned around and this ends up looking like a better win for you guys.

I remember those Hackett years and the only reason I brought that up was the lack of offense. Grant it, Daniels is young and I think the SC offense needs a few games to get in sync. But you guys know Tee Martin’s play calling better than I do. Regardless, good luck to y’all the rest of the season...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT was definitely a BAD stretch of years for USC football.

Eerily similar too. At least last night was.

At the very least, we need a new o-line coach. The first 2 games, they couldn't pass protect, but they could run block.

Last night, they could pass protect, but they couldn't run block.

Either way, you end up with a one dimensional offense and that's not going to work. Especially against good teams and with a true freshman at qb.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember those Hackett years and the only reason I brought that up was the lack of offense. Grant it, Daniels is young and I think the SC offense needs a few games to get in sync. But you guys know Tee Martin’s play calling better than I do. Regardless, good luck to y’all the rest of the season...

Yeah, to a certain extent, a slow start was to be expected for the offense and Daniels is really young. The main problem I'm seeing is with the o-line. Way too inconsistent.

At this point, I'm not sure if the problem is Tee's play calling, the o-line or both.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, to a certain extent, a slow start was to be expected for the offense and Daniels is really young. The main problem I'm seeing is with the o-line. Way too inconsistent.

At this point, I'm not sure if the problem is Tee's play calling, the o-line or both.

I'd say that while Tee's play calling has certainly been 'suspect' so far this season, the o-line just hasn't 'jelled' AT ALL, it seems.

A new o-line coach looks to be a good idea, because it AIN'T working too well so far.

AND... while the defense has been decent, the 'pass defense' leaves a lot to be desired at this point too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that while Tee's play calling has certainly been 'suspect' so far this season, the o-line just hasn't 'jelled' AT ALL, it seems.

A new o-line coach looks to be a good idea, because it AIN'T working too well so far.

AND... while the defense has been decent, the 'pass defense' leaves a lot to be desired at this point too.

Yeah, pretty much agree. If the o-line isn't doing their job in a certain aspect of the game, it limits what you can call. That may have something to do with some of his suspect play calling. Not all of it, but a sizable chunk of it.

As far as pure ability to manage the program, coach and get the players to buy in, I think Helton can definitely get us to the next level. But he also may be too loyal to his assistants and that could be his undoing. Apparently, the o-line coach is a friend of his Dad's. This is where Helton needs a little Lane Kiffin in him. Kiffin fired his own Dad after all. lol

Yeah, the defense is always going to give up a little in the passing game. It's an aggressive, pressure based defense, so our db's end up in man coverage a lot. But I do agree that they're giving up a bit more than they probably should be.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the defense is always going to give up a little in the passing game. It's an aggressive, pressure based defense, so our db's end up in man coverage a lot. But I do agree that they're giving up a bit more than they probably should be.
When did USC sign Brian VanGorder?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad Oline play? Welcome to my world the past 9 years :L

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAmn, I just read a review on the game. Texas guy, who is pretty good, absolutely went off on USC’s coaching staff. He usually reserves that for Texas. I’ll give my SC guys a quick run down, not that you need ammo

1. Defense has struggled with misdirection all year. SC ran none. Did they watch film?

For Pendergast
1. Center has struggled all year, when someone is over him. Thanks for leaving him to use his movement skills and not his poor base/strength
2. WR is the most talented group at Texas and you decide to blitz a scrambling QB and man the WRs. Did anyone watch Maryland shut the Texas passing game by rushing 2 with a spy and dropping 8? Guess they didn’t get that film.