• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add 2 more things.

1. If Ristolainen pans out and the change of scenery works, I think the Flyers will be in extremely good shape. Because if he's a rock solid top 4 guy, their defense is going to be very good. And if their defense is very good, I think Hart will be very good. It's a big if to me, but I love mall's confidence in him.

2. I have to give props to Fletcher. He did a hell of a lot to change the team and didn't give up guys like Konecny or Sanheim. I thought he'd have to for sure to get a 1RD and he didn't. So, props to Fletcher.
If Ristolinen works out and has a very good year he will be gone in free agency and we traded away our first and second next year along with Hagg for a one year rental. So i hope he has a mediocre year this year and turns it up to another level if we resign him after next season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ristolinen works out and has a very good year he will be gone in free agency and we traded away our first and second next year along with Hagg for a one year rental. So i hope he has a mediocre year this year and turns it up to another level if we resign him after next season.
That's called the old catch 22 lol.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to win this year, so I hope he kills it this year. If he walks after a huge year that helps the Flyers win, who cares :)

The old guard is getting too old to root for next year's best case. Gotta root for this year's best case and see where it gets them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to win this year, so I hope he kills it this year. If he walks after a huge year that helps the Flyers win, who cares :)

The old guard is getting too old to root for next year's best case. Gotta root for this year's best case and see where it gets them.
If it takes Risto having a great season for us to win a cup then so be it i hope he has the best season ever recorded. But only if we win the cup.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good year for Risto and the Flyers will be a solid 2 pairing dman. I think he had to play above his head in Buffalo. He may not break the bank and hopefully the cap goes up. If he can be signed, we have a top 4 for several years.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good year for Risto and the Flyers will be a solid 2 pairing dman. I think he had to play above his head in Buffalo. He may not break the bank and hopefully the cap goes up. If he can be signed, we have a top 4 for several years.
He’s really ugly though

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of Risto talk here. From getting to see this big Finish dman a few times over the years this is what I saw as an outsider from this Sabre team. The fan base became frustrated with him imo because of where he was drafted and they had unrealistic expectations of the guy. You will see now that Dahlin will get torn apart from the Sabre fan base now that Risto is gone. I sincerely believe Risto is made to be a Flyer. His game resembles the old style Flyers hockey. He's an aggressive player and loves to hit, and he will finish his checks. And he's a clean hitter. I will be shocked if CF doesn't sign him to an extension during the season. My prediction you guys are going to love him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surprising and a little concerning IMO. They can still agree to a deal before the arbitration hearing, but from what I've read it sounds like after the arbitration hearing Sanheim will have the choice of a 1 or 2 year deal. 2 year deal would walk him to UFA status and make him difficult to retain. 1 year would make him an RFA at the end and give the Flyers some leverage to go long term, if they want to.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what this kid thinks he's worth? He's still on the unproven wagon to be demanding top dollars IMO

Same. The Flyers elected for arbitration so they must feel like Sanheim's position is higher than what the market would pay. Or maybe they want to go shorter term with him and the Sanheim camp is dug in for a long term deal. Arbitration guarantees short term.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what this kid thinks he's worth? He's still on the unproven wagon to be demanding top dollars IMO
I dont blame him. In a league where you have scrubs like JVR making the same amount of money as a well rounded captain like Landeskog why not shoot for the stars and get as much as you can.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont blame him. In a league where you have scrubs like JVR making the same amount of money as a well rounded captain like Landeskog why not shoot for the stars and get as much as you can.
I feel ya, however you still have to show you deserve lots of Money 2 so-so seasons doesn't make you non expendable.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ya, however you still have to show you deserve lots of Money 2 so-so seasons doesn't make you non expendable.
I thought he was our best defenseman in the second half of the season. Maybe they have a secret agreement between the flyers and his agent that we dont know about yet.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this going to arbitration what do you feel he will get?

4.5-5 seems to be where people are guessing for him. That makes sense to me. I think if they're going to squeeze a few extra cap dollars out of him or Hart, it will be on Hart moreso than Sanheim. So if they come down off that 8-8.5 that we had in the original estimate, I think it's more likely to see 5ish for Sanheim and 2-2.5 for Hart.

I kind of expect both deals to be relatively short term. Doesn't make sense for the players to sign long term at COVID-level pricing coming off down-ish years.