• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about six more years of OEL until he's 100 would that be better? Yikes at least the nucks got Garland in the deal but nuts...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking th as t this board is quiet on draft night and trades? I have a feeling that tomorrow morning or late tonight we will have some meltdowns. CF very possible may be unemployed if these trades backfire. Again, I love bringing Risto in, but I had no idea we have up a ton for a potential rental. Heck, Jones actually signed an extension already 8 year at 9.5 mil. Kind of glad we stayed away. If we can extend Risto for 6-7 year at 6.5 mil, that would be ok.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oo baby. Fletcher was just the tip of the iceberg tonight. I’ll take his deal over these other ones. These GM’s only stay employed because their counterparts are equally as insane.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oo baby. Fletcher was just the tip of the iceberg tonight. I’ll take his deal over these other ones. These GM’s only stay employed because their counterparts are equally as insane.
How is our cap space as far as going into the season? Do you think there will be bargains to be made? Goalie, depth at other positions?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is our cap space as far as going into the season? Do you think there will be bargains to be made? Goalie, depth at other positions?

I guess they have around $10M now with Sanheim and Hart to sign. Fletcher seems pretty content with where they are. Seems to me they have enough to add a bargain backup goalie and that’s about it after Hart/Sanheim. But I wouldn’t think they’d be looking to go into the year with a bargain backup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Boucher is an off the board pick by the Sens. I think he was mostly projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Probably just getting started with crazy picks like that in a difficult scouting year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, as mentioned. Sabres go off the board with Isak Rosen too with the Ristolainen pick.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, as mentioned. Sabres go off the board with Isak Rosen too with the Ristolainen pick.
I thought that was a big reach for them. I'm not as disappointed about losing our first. Silinger went exactly where I thought he would go. Not too thrilled about this draft.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking th as t this board is quiet on draft night and trades? I have a feeling that tomorrow morning or late tonight we will have some meltdowns. CF very possible may be unemployed if these trades backfire. Again, I love bringing Risto in, but I had no idea we have up a ton for a potential rental. Heck, Jones actually signed an extension already 8 year at 9.5 mil. Kind of glad we stayed away. If we can extend Risto for 6-7 year at 6.5 mil, that would be ok.
Hey Mall it seems that a lot of Flyer fans believe Buffalo sucked solely because of Risto. I don't buy it as it's a team game but what's your take on him? Apparently scouts think he's a solid player but what do they know?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t posted here in a while cause quite honestly thinking about the Flyers losing ground from the prior season to this last one is disappointing but I saw this and laughed and had to post it. Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the summer.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mall it seems that a lot of Flyer fans believe Buffalo sucked solely because of Risto. I don't buy it as it's a team game but what's your take on him? Apparently scouts think he's a solid player but what do they know?
I love Risto. He gets most of the blame because he's the vet and anchor of that defense. His stats are bad, but he was on a very bad team. He is the physical presence this team desperately neefs. I suspect Flyers fans are going to love him imo. He stats will improve as well being on a much better team.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Risto. He gets most of the blame because he's the vet and anchor of that defense. His stats are bad, but he was on a very bad team. He is the physical presence this team desperately neefs. I suspect Flyers fans are going to love him imo. He stats will improve as well being on a much better team.
And Risto can play top line minutes of Provy or Ellis go out due to imjury.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve decided I like it. If not now, when we’re they going to shoot their shot? Fletcher is all in with this group and doing everything he can with it. He made the major changes to the “mix” we asked for and If it doesn’t look good, start blowing it to smithereens at the deadline. But you gotta give this “retool” this shot. That’s what I was hoping he’d do and that’s what he did.

Obviously it comes with a lot of risk, but sitting on his hands wasn’t going to work either.
1RD - done, 2RD -done. These were the biggest holes on our team. I wanted a better 2C to move Hayes to 3C. Hopefully Hayes can bounce back and Frost can play 3C. Todays team is already light years ahead of last years debacle. Although he overpaid on the Risto deal, he landed better players than anticipated. Risto doesn't have to be a 1D anymore and he pairs well as a 2D. He has the physical game we have been screaming for and can PK and PP. He has cut down on his bad penalties. Farabee, Laughton and TK no longer have to respond when other teams take liberties with our players.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade is one for one.

We save over 2 million in salary.

Jake was horrible last year imo.

I like this trade

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are being a little hard. Risto and better than those other guys as the potential never came through yet. You kept saying we overvalued them but now they are so good that the trades were lopsided? They could easily trade both of them for 1st rounders at the deadline or even more if the team doesn't come together and save cap so IMO this is not one of those horrible locked in forever trades. If Risto looks good early on which I think he will they can even try to resign him so that's not all lost. If Les Habs can get to the cup anyone can it's closer than you think especially with a fixed up D all of a sudden Hart will magically look better too just watch.
You mean this guy is better? Please..

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he got a lot of the blame because his stats sucked lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far with the exception of the Ellis trade, Fletcher has fucked the pooch big time. This team is not much better than last years. A little sounder on Defense but no where a cup threat. I'm glad Ristolainen only has this year and Fletcher didn't do anything crazy Ala Suter or Parise type shit. Dude would have to prove he was a fluke in Buffalo, I just don't see it. Maybe he'll trade coots for an aging vet and a 4th rounder lol.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything there is turnover, which was needed.

Good solid vets plugged in.

Some cap space to add maybe a bottom 6 now along with sanheim and hart.

I was hard on Chuck yesterday but its all coming together nicely