• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an odd day all around. Weird that the picks were leaked. Weird picks by Francis. Weird that they made 0 trades. Just, weird.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appleton-Gourde-Eberle
Donskoi-Jarnkrok-Tanev
Pitlick-Geekie-Blackwell
Twarynski-McCann-Bastian

Uhhhh. Yikes. Defense is fine, even good, but that forward group is easily the worst in the league. How do you sell that to fans with guys like Tarasenko exposed and 29 million in cap space?

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appleton-Gourde-Eberle
Donskoi-Jarnkrok-Tanev
Pitlick-Geekie-Blackwell
Twarynski-McCann-Bastian

Uhhhh. Yikes. Defense is fine, even good, but that forward group is easily the worst in the league. How do you sell that to fans with guys like Tarasenko exposed and 29 million in cap space?
Yep the whole thing is weird can't find any trade info. Had to be some deals in place. I can understand taking some low cap players but guys who may not even make the team over stars that could get you a 1st rounder in trade later? Smells of Bettman...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the whole thing is weird can't find any trade info. Had to be some deals in place. I can understand taking some low cap players but guys who may not even make the team over stars that could get you a 1st rounder in trade later? Smells of Bettman...

Ya, I don't know whats up with that forward group. They have some guys the Flyers could definitely use like Pitlick, Blackwell, and Tanev; but they built a whole forward group around energy guys essentially.

And now they blew their advantage of being the only team that could give teams cap relief for a while. Now they have to compete with any team that's rebuilding and has cap space.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only deal being rumored is Pitlick, most likely to CAL, but maybe to PHI. There has to be more coming though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger reporting the CHL and NHL are close to an agreement that would allow any CHL players that played 20+ AHL games last year to be AHL-eligible this year. That would include Foerster and Wisdom which would be cool.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appleton-Gourde-Eberle
Donskoi-Jarnkrok-Tanev
Pitlick-Geekie-Blackwell
Twarynski-McCann-Bastian

It's as if they are going to attempt to win every game 1-0 or 2-1...Lol Sure, they'll hustle and really get after it, but who is going to make all of the plays and score all of the goals!? It's like they have a 2nd line, two 3rd lines and a 4th line...Lol Perhaps that is even being generous...

So far, it's literally a team full of two-way players that have a lot of speed and energy and can score a little. No real playmakers or legit snipers..Lol

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect that Seattle will make a ton of trades between now and opening night. There's no way in hell they leave the roster as is or anything close to it. They have almost $30 million in cap space with just 4 RFA's to sign. They need to sprinkle in more veteran talent/skill like Eberle and Giordano or they won't be able to score or truly compete, plain and simple.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as if they are going to attempt to win every game 1-0 or 2-1...Lol Sure, they'll hustle and really get after it, but who is going to make all of the plays and score all of the goals!? It's like they have a 2nd line, two 3rd lines and a 4th line...Lol Perhaps that is even being generous...

So far, it's literally a team full of two-way players that have a lot of speed and energy and can score a little. No real playmakers or legit snipers..Lol

Ya. And it certainly is well constructed to win 1-0 games. But even the Islanders have Barzal. And Hak is no Trotz.

The biggest head scratcher to me is choices like Twarynski and the guy from Columbus who I don't even know. I get avoiding the salary guys. And I get skipping the Flyers d-men. But Twarynski? Why not Rubtsov who at least has 1st round pedigree and a lot of professional experience in Russia? He even fits the two-way mold and plays C where they're weakest.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya. And it certainly is well constructed to win 1-0 games. But even the Islanders have Barzal. And Hak is no Trotz.

The biggest head scratcher to me is choices like Twarynski and the guy from Columbus who I don't even know. I get avoiding the salary guys. And I get skipping the Flyers d-men. But Twarynski? Why not Rubtsov who at least has 1st round pedigree and a lot of professional experience in Russia? He even fits the two-way mold and plays C where they're weakest.
Idk why they would take a veteran like Giordano making $6.75 million for just one more season (and then he'll probably walk or retire) and pass up on some younger veterans who have a lot of talent, skill, experience etc. that you need to win in the Nhl.

There has to be a lot more on the way.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why they would take a veteran like Giordano making $6.75 million for just one more season (and then he'll probably walk or retire) and pass up on some younger veterans who have a lot of talent, skill, experience etc. that you need to win in the Nhl.

There has to be a lot more on the way.
They not only took Gio but walked him on the stage so how do you trade him now? He's the one guy they should trade at the deadline to get value back.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only deal being rumored is Pitlick, most likely to CAL, but maybe to PHI. There has to be more coming though.
I think they are banking on the opposite happening. Teams coming to them with players they can't afford. They'll take them on and either keep or flip at the deadline for picks. They should want to do that with Gio.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head scratcher

So ghost, a 2nd and a 7th for nothing?
Ya. Salary dump. That’s a real bummer, but they had to move him.

I’ll miss Ghost. He was the most exciting player they had when he was going well.