• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading an article saying the Flyers could be in the running for Dumba. I missed it before, but The Wild have 3 dmen with NMC and Dumba has a modified no trade clause where he can block 10 teams. The article proposed TK and a prospect for Dumba. This would only add $500,000. If JVR or Ghost goes to the Kracken, there is still enough to sign a Blake Coleman and Alex Wennberg types for 2/3 RW and C. Still enough for a solid 2G. This barely fits into the cap if the Kracken take Ghost. Easily fits if it is JVR.

G- Couts-Jake
Lindbloom - Wennberg - Farabee
JVR - Hayes - Coleman
Laughton - Patrick - Allison/NAK

Provy - Dumba
Sanhein - Myers (please get your head out of your ass this year)
York - Braun
Hagg
Hart - Halak

Dumba and Coleman add some toughness an skill and Wennberg adds skill. Allison and York add some needed youth. Stanley Cup - No. Moves in the right direction, yes.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I'm giving up 4 years of Konecny and a prospect for 2 years of Dumba...

It just seems like a desperate, truly silly move.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading an article saying the Flyers could be in the running for Dumba. I missed it before, but The Wild have 3 dmen with NMC and Dumba has a modified no trade clause where he can block 10 teams. The article proposed TK and a prospect for Dumba. This would only add $500,000. If JVR or Ghost goes to the Kracken, there is still enough to sign a Blake Coleman and Alex Wennberg types for 2/3 RW and C. Still enough for a solid 2G. This barely fits into the cap if the Kracken take Ghost. Easily fits if it is JVR.

G- Couts-Jake
Lindbloom - Wennberg - Farabee
JVR - Hayes - Coleman
Laughton - Patrick - Allison/NAK

Provy - Dumba
Sanhein - Myers (please get your head out of your ass this year)
York - Braun
Hagg
Hart - Halak

Dumba and Coleman add some toughness an skill and Wennberg adds skill. Allison and York add some needed youth. Stanley Cup - No. Moves in the right direction, yes.
I honestly hope they wouldn't do that deal for Dumba, he isn't anything special at all. If we aren't targeting someone like Jones or Hamilton, anything else is just a band aid fix.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So impressed with the Habs. To a man, they are out there giving everything, every freakin second. Never have seen such hustle and determination.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So impressed with the Habs. To a man, they are out there giving everything, every freakin second. Never have seen such hustle and determination.
Im with you on this they are playing really good. When a captain is out there throwing big hits and blocking every shot in site it makes such a huge difference to the rest of the players who will go through a wall for you.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it also helps having a world class future HOFer in Carey Price being the backstop.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it also helps having a world class future HOFer in Carey Price being the backstop.
It also helps when the guys in front of you have blocked 81 shots in 4 games.

They as a team got no credit on this board from early in the season right up until today.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly hope they wouldn't do that deal for Dumba, he isn't anything special at all. If we aren't targeting someone like Jones or Hamilton, anything else is just a band aid fix.
I agree but he is a good third option if the teams are asking too much for Hamilton or Jones.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also helps when the guys in front of you have blocked 81 shots in 4 games.

They as a team got no credit on this board from early in the season right up until today.
And I am the biggest offender - even up to and including watching the Habs - Jets. I thought they would be run right off the ice when they played in the semi-finals.

eating crow now - and I am willing to admit I was totally wrong.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am the biggest offender - even up to and including watching the Habs - Jets. I thought they would be run right off the ice when they played in the semi-finals.

eating crow now - and I am willing to admit I was totally wrong.
Hopefully we can be talking about the Flyers during playoff time next season instead of the Habs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing the Yotes are trying hard to trade Eckman-Larssen. Why hasnt his name popped up in the Flyers trade rumors?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing the Yotes are trying hard to trade Eckman-Larssen. Why hasnt his name popped up in the Flyers trade rumors?

Not sure why he’s not popping up in Flyers rumors. But he’s pretty low on my list. 8.25M with 6 years left. He’s LH, and his play has declined the last few years. Could be because the Yotes are bad, but he seems very high risk to me.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why he’s not popping up in Flyers rumors. But he’s pretty low on my list. 8.25M with 6 years left. He’s LH, and his play has declined the last few years. Could be because the Yotes are bad, but he seems very high risk to me.
Ill agree with this.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I've seen yote wise is in this article.

I think Provorov fits the Brodin bill. I think the Flyers are mis-using or at least the reports on him are mis-reported IMO. Provorov has the makings for a very talented defensive defenseman. His puck movement is typically good, and his defense is typically good. It's the offensive zone where he's lacking IMO. He's gotten a lot of goals on the PP the past couple years, solely off seeing eye wrist shots, that make him look more like an offensive defenseman. IMO, he's much better defensively (this year notwithstanding) than he is offensively.

The more I think and read about Dumba, the more intriguing he gets to me as a target. Could bring more offense to the top pair, and a physical presence. Good breakout ability would help as well considering the Flyers struggles with a heavy forecheck. I really do think he checks a lot of boxes. And 2 years at 6M is pretty close to ideal in terms of contract.

The only curveball in all of this is the expansion draft. If they get Dumba beforehand, when it makes sense for Minnesota, the Flyers probably have to expose Myers also. Losing Myers won't keep me up at night, but it gives Seattle another potentially attractive option other than JvR and Voracek.

That being said, I read an article today that was speculating that Seattle would have tons of options on defense and their options up front would probably be Duchene or Johansson, Duclair, JvR or Voracek, maybe a few others.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal with 44 hits and 18 blocked shots laid the smackdown on Vegas last night.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a hard time getting into the draft this year. 1, the NHL team needs help that this draft pick probably doesn't provide for 2-3 years. and 2, it really feels like the Flyers make a trade, involving their 1st rounder, on deadline day to try to address 1RD.