• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any bottom 6 is going to have to be able to PK. At 42, Joe may not be the guy!

Agreed. And even though I like Joe Thornton, he's got a ton of experience, but most of it is losing. I don't think he brings a winning mentality that's missing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the price to pay for Hamiltons rights?

Myrtetus linked a section of Friedman's latest podcast that says he doesn't think Hamilton is the Flyers target. Heard from a few sources. Mentioned "Jones or something else".

At this point his rights are worthless. Every team has had a chance to him. Only reason to trade for his rights would be to cut the rest of the teams off.

A sign and trade, or some weird rights acquisition knowing they'd have him under contract would have some value though. I would think a decent draft pick or decent prospect. Still can't imagine it would be huge though because if that trade is on the table it means Hamilton agreed in principle to sign with someone. So Carolina would have no leverage and the only reason Team X would give up an asset would be to sign it in pen instead of pencil. If they can't work out a trade, Hamilton walks and likely signs with Team X anyway.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myrtetus linked a section of Friedman's latest podcast that says he doesn't think Hamilton is the Flyers target. Heard from a few sources. Mentioned "Jones or something else".

At this point his rights are worthless. Every team has had a chance to him. Only reason to trade for his rights would be to cut the rest of the teams off.

A sign and trade, or some weird rights acquisition knowing they'd have him under contract would have some value though. I would think a decent draft pick or decent prospect. Still can't imagine it would be huge though because if that trade is on the table it means Hamilton agreed in principle to sign with someone. So Carolina would have no leverage and the only reason Team X would give up an asset would be to sign it in pen instead of pencil. If they can't work out a trade, Hamilton walks and likely signs with Team X anyway.
If we go with Jones we have to give up a lot if we go with Hamilton its just money.

If we get exclusive negotiating rights for a 5th rounder it may be worth it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guy Reinhart wants out of Buffalo. Fletcher make that phone call and see what the Dabres want? Sign Hamilton and trade for Reinhart and I would be happy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guy Reinhart wants out of Buffalo. Fletcher make that phone call and see what the Dabres want? Sign Hamilton and trade for Reinhart and I would be happy.
These two moves im in agreement with but we need a loooot more than those two guys to make us relevant next year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams I believe make sense: Los Angeles, Minnesota, Anaheim, Columbus, Philadelphia and the Rangers, among others.

From LeBrun on The Athletic. Regarding Eichel.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really get the Flyers being linked to Eichel unless the Sabres are willing to take JvR, Voracek, or even Giroux. And that doesn’t make sense at all from a Sabres perspective to me.

Only other reason would be if the Sabres have a major crush on Patrick.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams I believe make sense: Los Angeles, Minnesota, Anaheim, Columbus, Philadelphia and the Rangers, among others.

From LeBrun on The Athletic. Regarding Eichel.
If you are Buffalo wouldnt it make sense for them to send him to the other conference instead of keeping him on the east coast

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really get the Flyers being linked to Eichel unless the Sabres are willing to take JvR, Voracek, or even Giroux. And that doesn’t make sense at all from a Sabres perspective to me.

Doesn't he have a major contract still with Buffalo? I think he would cost us too much and IMO the reward isn't worth the risk. He's not like McKinnon elite.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we trade for Eichel we wouldn't have enough to give for jones.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read an article that says Hamilton will get 7 or 8 years at 9 million per and I think that's about right.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get Jones for 5-6 years for 5-6 million a year. Leaves a few other doors open IMO.
Lol So would everyone in the Nhl.

No chance either of those defenseman sign for anything less than about an $8 million cap hit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't he have a major contract still with Buffalo? I think he would cost us too much and IMO the reward isn't worth the risk. He's not like McKinnon elite.
Yes, 5 more years at $10 million per season, but he is arguably well worth the money if he is happy where he lands. That and you'd much rather have him at that price than Giroux or Voracek at about $8.2 million each.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get Jones for 5-6 years for 5-6 million a year. Leaves a few other doors open IMO.
Jones will be a lot of money as well but i like you may want him more than Hamilton.

If we have to do a sign and trade for Hamilton it will cost us just as much to get him as it would cost us to get Jones. If thats the case i like Jones as he brings some grit.

If all we need to do to sign Hamilton is sign him as a free agent ill take him before Jones.