• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton is definitely the top choice. If Jones doesn’t resign and the Jackets want to move him, he’d be 1A.

Ellis, Klingberg and Ekholm would be the other options I think. The plan B guys.
What if we package, Ghost, Myers and Frost for one of those plan B guys?:D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if we package, Ghost, Myers and Frost for one of those plan B guys?:D

That would certainly make things easier! And honestly, it's not that bad of a trade depending on what those teams are looking for. Ghost IMO is a solid 3rd pair choice, just a little overpaid. Myers, despite his rough season, has some potential. Frost I think is the question mark. Tough to say how much value he has at this point. I'm still super hopeful that he turns into a good top 6 guy. But 4 years from his draft and he hasn't nailed down an NHL job is definitely concerning (granted he may have been able to this year if not for injury).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would strive for..

Provorov - New guy #1
Sanheim - New guy #2
York - Braun

For opening night. If that means trading Myers and Ghost because you need the cap space, so be it. For Provorov's partner (NG1) I would want a two-way guy, but the emphasis would need to be a little more on puck moving and offense. I think Provorov's game is more suited to a stay at home dman. So get him a guy that can move the puck around and drive play. For Sanheim's partner (NG2), I would want someone more in the stay-at-home mold. Take the chains off Sanheim a little bit and free him up to wheel in the offensive zone.

Then you've got Provorov, NG2, Braun, and hopefully NG1 that can be on your PK. And you've got NG1, York, and Sanheim as your PP guys.

I don't see how you get there without moving Ghost and maybe Myers too. But like Bacon said, maybe you can package those guys with pick(s) or prospect(s) to get NG2. I think NG1 costs too much for that type of package to work.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton is definitely the top choice. If Jones doesn’t resign and the Jackets want to move him, he’d be 1A.

Ellis, Klingberg and Ekholm would be the other options I think. The plan B guys.
Hamilton or Jones would be that true #1 you had mentioned in an earlier post to Provy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton or Jones would be that true #1 you had mentioned in an earlier post to Provy.

Yep. Agreed. And I would think guys like Savard/Larsson fit the mold I'd be looking for in Sanheim's partner. But I think you have to try to trade for one of those new d-men. If you sign both in free agency we're going to have to spend way too much. Everyone gets overpaid in cap hit and term in free agency. I don't think the Flyers can afford that for 2 d-men. Plus it gives them an outlet to move Ghost, or more likely, Myers in the same move.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up front, I think you've got (in the ideal case where JvR is taken by Seattle)

1st line caliber - Giroux, Couturier
2nd line caliber - Farabee, Konecny, Voracek, Hayes (but he better bring more than he did last season)
3rd line caliber - Allison, Lindblom, Laughton
4th line caliber - Laczynski,

Wild cards - Frost, Patrick, and I'll put Foerster here optimistically since he had such a good AHL season

Hopefully not in the lineup because they have better guys - Aube-Kubel, Bunnaman, Twarynski, Cates

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Agreed. And I would think guys like Savard/Larsson fit the mold I'd be looking for in Sanheim's partner. But I think you have to try to trade for one of those new d-men. If you sign both in free agency we're going to have to spend way too much. Everyone gets overpaid in cap hit and term in free agency. I don't think the Flyers can afford that for 2 d-men. Plus it gives them an outlet to move Ghost, or more likely, Myers in the same move.
As much as I got frustrated with Myers this season I am not ready to pull the plug on him as the same I would say about Patrick. I will give both the benefit of the doubt and scrap this past season as a covid disaster. However, if there is a trade to be made for an impact player, then its fair game. As you said before, you have to give up someone good to get one in return.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK may end up in a trade if we indeed have to trade for a true #1 dman. Assuming we strike out on Hamilton. Just to be ready to stomach that it very well may happen. That would stink.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^I think in that case there are holes. I think they'll be OK if one of those 2nd line caliber guys jumps up with Giroux/Couturier. And I think ideally one of Frost/Patrick/Foerster can crack the top 9 and slide Laughton down to the 4th line. But can you really plan on hope again this year? I supported the 'hope the young guys take a step and fill the holes' last summer. I don't really this year. I think you try to find a 3rd line guy with extensive cup experience, toughness, and strong defensive play. Blake Coleman could somewhat fit that bill. He's a UFA, not sure how much money he takes. But then in the worst case where Patrick/Frost/Foerster don't work out, and in the best case Coleman joins Laughton for the core of a stud 4th line that brings energy and PK prowess.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK may end up in a trade if we indeed have to trade for a true #1 dman. Assuming we strike out on Hamilton. Just to be ready to stomach that it very well may happen. That would stink.

Yep. Agreed. If they can't add in free agency, TK is probably the best chip they have to get a top pair dman. It would absolutely suck, but it's a hole the Flyers have to fill this summer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I got frustrated with Myers this season I am not ready to pull the plug on him as the same I would say about Patrick. I will give both the benefit of the doubt and scrap this past season as a covid disaster. However, if there is a trade to be made for an impact player, then its fair game. As you said before, you have to give up someone good to get one in return.

I don't really want to give up on him either. But the defense just looks wrong with him in it. I think an ideal situation for keeping him would be to have him on the 3rd pair and give him sheltered minutes. But who do you pair with him? With Hagg he'll be at risk of spending the whole shift in the defensive zone where he's vulnerable. With Ghost they won't be able to defend a pee wee team. That's a lot to ask of York. Morin would maybe be a fit, but that pushes Ghost and York into the top 4 or out of the lineup.

Maybe you go with a York-Braun pair and a Sanheim-Myers pair and hope one of them can sort out 2nd pair minutes/matchups? That could work, but I'd still be a little concerned about the PK. And I'm gun shy about relying on Myers now after his travesty of a season.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^I think in that case there are holes. I think they'll be OK if one of those 2nd line caliber guys jumps up with Giroux/Couturier. And I think ideally one of Frost/Patrick/Foerster can crack the top 9 and slide Laughton down to the 4th line. But can you really plan on hope again this year? I supported the 'hope the young guys take a step and fill the holes' last summer. I don't really this year. I think you try to find a 3rd line guy with extensive cup experience, toughness, and strong defensive play. Blake Coleman could somewhat fit that bill. He's a UFA, not sure how much money he takes. But then in the worst case where Patrick/Frost/Foerster don't work out, and in the best case Coleman joins Laughton for the core of a stud 4th line that brings energy and PK prowess.
I like the idea of Coleman. On another note, I think Its critical bringing in experience, especially working along with Provy. Hes still developing and having someone like a Hamilton would be a huge boost in his game imo. And I also think this helps Carter Hart and his confidence moving forward knowing that the management is serious about being a contender.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really want to give up on him either. But the defense just looks wrong with him in it. I think an ideal situation for keeping him would be to have him on the 3rd pair and give him sheltered minutes. But who do you pair with him? With Hagg he'll be at risk of spending the whole shift in the defensive zone where he's vulnerable. With Ghost they won't be able to defend a pee wee team. That's a lot to ask of York. Morin would maybe be a fit, but that pushes Ghost and York into the top 4 or out of the lineup.

Maybe you go with a York-Braun pair and a Sanheim-Myers pair and hope one of them can sort out 2nd pair minutes/matchups? That could work, but I'd still be a little concerned about the PK. And I'm gun shy about relying on Myers now after his travesty of a season.
We will know a lot more in the coming months. Fletcher better have a plan that has a few options. I don't mean a band aid either. We will know more once we know who the Kraken take.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Myers is done. He only just turned 24, is a right-hand shot, 6'5" and will probably add significant muscle this summer, shows flashes of elite play and has a very favorable cap hit for two more seasons.

You have to at least see what we can make of him in the next couple years. It's far from wasted cap money. Pretty low risk and very high reward, in my opinion.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Myers is done. He only just turned 24, is a right-hand shot, 6'5" and will probably add significant muscle this summer, shows flashes of elite play and has a very favorable cap hit for two more seasons.

You have to at least see what we can make of him in the next couple years. It's far from wasted cap money. Pretty low risk and very high reward, in my opinion.
This is pretty much my line of thinking on Myers. Being only 24 is way too young to give up on him. Its easier to take a step back now that the season is over. The entire team as a whole was a disaster. That being the entire coaching staff as well. We all know what needs to be addressed now. Its now up to Fletcher to go make it happen. My top preference is to go all in on Hamilton.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching a little Avs/Kings tonight. 10 minutes in and I think only 1 king has touched the puck. Globetrotters vs Generals right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. And the Kings get a fluke breakaway in the last minute and go to the intermission up 1-0. Why do we watch this ridiculous sport?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. And the Kings get a fluke breakaway in the last minute and go to the intermission up 1-0. Why do we watch this ridiculous sport?
Who wins the Pens vs Isles series? I have Isles in 6. Unfortunately I will be stuck watching it because somehow my son likes the Pens:( That's my wife's Ohio family that brainwashed him at young age. I tried everything to get him to drink the Orange and black kool aid. He loves Gritty though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wins the Pens vs Isles series? I have Isles in 6. Unfortunately I will be stuck watching it because somehow my son likes the Pens:( That's my wife's Ohio family that brainwashed him at young age. I tried everything to get him to drink the Orange and black kool aid. He loves Gritty though.

Oh no. That’s grounds for excommunication is it not? :p

Unfortunately I think the Pens win that one. They’re coming in a on a better roll. I’ll go Pens in 6. But I hope I’m wrong!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up front, I think you've got (in the ideal case where JvR is taken by Seattle)

1st line caliber - Giroux, Couturier
2nd line caliber - Farabee, Konecny, Voracek, Hayes (but he better bring more than he did last season)
3rd line caliber - Allison, Lindblom, Laughton
4th line caliber - Laczynski,

Wild cards - Frost, Patrick, and I'll put Foerster here optimistically since he had such a good AHL season

Hopefully not in the lineup because they have better guys - Aube-Kubel, Bunnaman, Twarynski, Cates
I’m leaning towards the ideal scenario being Seattle taking Jake, even if the Flyers need to include an asset (within limits). This team has too many pass-first players up front, which is a big part of the reason why the chemistry isn’t working and the whole is less than the sum of the parts.