• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Season

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite over yet (at least mathematically) but might as well be. As the ancient Giant fan in this forum (pushing 79) this has been a very strange year for me. This is the first time I can remember the Giants trying to 'buy' a playoff position rather than attempting to build a team to make a run at it. Very disappointing from a number of positions. I really have no 'bond' to any of the newer acquisitions. Really couldn't care if we sold them all. Lee, never really had a chance because of the injury, but there is a possibility there. I will never see Snell or Soler as 'Giants'. To me they are nothing more than rentals. Sort of like baseball mercenaries! Not sure how a fan 'bonds' to that mentality. Chapman, although not a bad investment, is no Matt Williams. Starting to feel like I'm rooting for laundry rather than actual players. Maybe an effect of 'Churn Style' management.

I also have to admit it's very difficult playing behind a team like the Dodgers. Their approach is 'long term' building blocks. Guess you can. do that when you have a team that consistently wins 95-105 games a season. We have issues winning 81. I'm not sure exactly how you go about building a long term contending team in this decade, but I'm pretty sure it's not by buying 4 high priced free agents every year and rolling the dice! Just not sure that a 'win now' mentality actually helps the building process itself.