• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 HOF Ballot

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are people’s thoughts on Billy Wagner? Last year he was at 50%ish and this year he came in the mid 60%ish. He has 2 years left. I’m thinking he is getting in. I haven’t done a deep dive on his numbers, but, for me, I don’t think he should be in.
As a standalone, I don’t think of Wagner as a HOF pitcher. But given that Sutter & Lee Smith are already in, maybe you can make a case for him. I’m surprised to see only 2 top-10 Cy Young seasons for Wagner, though. It’s not enough for me.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the old jeter is over-rated claim.... actually did the opposite.. the hate for jeter made him really under-rated... which is weird to say...

never really understood the hate for him...
The hate for him was because of the media and their over fawning of him and their votes for gold gloves, nothing he did.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hate for him was because of the media and their over fawning of him and their votes for gold gloves, nothing he did.
Sure, but that's precisely what "overrated" means, the media rated him higher than he was.

Doesn't mean he wasn't great, he was. But not the best Yankee ever like many made him out to be. Michael Jordan is overrated too. He's the GOAT but treated like a god who never missed a shot or lost a big game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but that's precisely what "overrated" means, the media rated him higher than he was.

Doesn't mean he wasn't great, he was. But not the best Yankee ever like many made him out to be. Michael Jordan is overrated too. He's the GOAT but treated like a god who never missed a shot or lost a big game.
Eh, wrong example. If you want to comp Jeter and a basketball player you should use Magic Johnson over Jordan.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, wrong example. If you want to comp Jeter and a basketball player you should use Magic Johnson over Jordan.
Oh shit, now I gotta get tested for HIV. Still, it was worth it for the gift basket......