• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Season Prediction Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) How many wins?

2) White Sox 2022 MVP

3) Candidate for regression over previous performance

4) Surprise performer in 2022

5) Top Divisional Opponent

6) How far will the Sox go in the playoffs?

7) How many Sox will hit 30 plus HRs (and who)?

8) White Sox top 2022 pitcher

9) Top grinder award 2022

10) How many times does Tony get tossed from the game in 2022?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 87
2. Robert
3. Abreu
4. Moncada
5. MN
6. Lose in ALDS if they make it in first place
7. 1-Eloy
8. Hendriks
9. Harrison

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all barring injury:

1. 90ish
2. anderson
3. lynn
4. sheets
7. 2 (eloy, luis)
8. cease

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) How many wins? 94

2) White Sox 2022 MVP - Luis Robert

3) Candidate for regression over previous performance - Sheets

4) Surprise performer in 2022 - Harrison

5) Top Divisional Opponent - Tigers

6) How far will the Sox go in the playoffs? - World Series

7) How many Sox will hit 30 plus HRs (and who)? Robert- Jimenez -Abreu - Pollock

8) White Sox top 2022 pitcher - Giolitto

9) Top grinder award 2022 - Harrison

10) How many times does Tony get tossed from the game in 2022? - 3

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
) How many wins? 92

2) White Sox 2022 MVP: Luis Robert

3) Candidate for regression over previous performance: Sadly Captain Lou

4) Surprise performer in 2022: Hoping Cease or Kopech for our chances' sake

5) Top Divisional Opponent: Twins

6) How far will the Sox go in the playoffs? Depends on pitching. If like last year? Bounced in first round. If improved? Sky's the limit. I'll meet in the middle and say at least 1 series win.

7) How many Sox will hit 30 plus HRs (and who)? Abreu, Robert, Eloy...I would love to say Moncada, but won't...Dude always falls short somehow.

8) White Sox top 2022 pitcher: Giolito

9) Top grinder award 2022: The new outfielder Pollock because the announcers and media will make him the greatest thing ever to happen for a little bit to create the perception.

10) How many times does Tony get tossed from the game in 2022? 4

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings from Charleston, SC, site of the first official battle of the Civil War when the newly seceded state of South Carolina fired on and captured Ft. Sumter from Union forces. Today the Mrs and I are just gonna kick back in our hotel and watch some Masters golf. But in the meantime.....

1) How many wins? 91

2) White Sox 2022 MVP - Robert

3) Candidate for regression over previous performance - Harrison

4) Surprise performer in 2022 - McGuire

5) Top Divisional Opponent - Guardians

6) How far will the Sox go in the playoffs? - World Series (Mingo knows!!!!)

7) How many Sox will hit 30 plus HRs (and who)? Jimenez, Abreu, Grandal

8) White Sox top 2022 pitcher - Giolito

9) Top grinder award 2022 - Garcia

10) How many times does Tony get tossed from the game in 2022? - 4

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony's an old man - in some games TLR might try to get thrown out and fail - as the Umps will think he's acting just like their dads. If 4 toss outs is the number - I'll bet the lower.

I got the dreaded "rainbow" for my predictions.

This is a better team than last year. It is also healthier - at the moment. I think Pollock will hit 30 hrs because Guaranteed Rate field is a dinger field - especially compared to Dodger Stadium. Pollock will hit Hrs which were fly outs in LA. Pollock also happens to have the best rate last year of all the Sox hitters for balls hit in the air.

With Harrison - Pollock and McGuire the Sox just got a lot better on defense. Also - first OF in will be Engel and not Leuery. Better defense helps pitching in a number of ways. McGuire also should help against stolen bases with is arm and accuracy.

Abreu - will reach his 100 RBIs and 30 Hrs - in the last year of his contract and he will do it by getting longer rests between games and coming out of decided games. I'm betting a less beat up Abreu - will perform better than last years physically punished season end.

Anderson - every single year - he improves some part of his game. There is no reason to expect Anderson isn't still on the upward arc of his talent.

The only bad side is the Sox will start the season with 2 reliable starters out of 5. Most teams don't have 5 reliable starters. In a usual season 4 reliable starters is the hallmark of a good team. Kopech is the 3rd starter - I like where he is mentally - he seems relaxed. It will not be easy for him to not struggle early on as a starter. Inconsistency would be the expectation here. Keuchel doesn't look like he has it any more - though his stuff pitches better out of the dry Arizona air. I think Rey Lopez will end up as the 4th starter. The 5th starter will be a parade until someone takes the job or the Sox make a trade. The good news is the Sox do have a bullpen who can pick up a lot of innings - and in this regard the White Sox are better than the other teams in the Division.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony's an old man - in some games TLR might try to get thrown out and fail - as the Umps will think he's acting just like their dads. If 4 toss outs is the number - I'll bet the lower.

This is a better team than last year. It is also healthier - at the moment. I think Pollock will hit 30 hrs because Guaranteed Rate field is a dinger field - especially compared to Dodger Stadium. Pollock will hit Hrs which were fly outs in LA. Pollock also happens to have the best rate last year of all the Sox hitters for balls hit in the air.

With Harrison - Pollock and McGuire the Sox just got a lot better on defense. Also - first OF in will be Engel and not Leuery. Better defense helps pitching in a number of ways. McGuire also should help against stolen bases with is arm and accuracy.

Abreu - will reach his 100 RBIs and 30 Hrs - in the last year of his contract and he will do it by getting longer rests between games and coming out of decided games. I'm betting a less beat up Abreu - will perform better than last years physically punished season end.

Anderson - every single year - he improves some part of his game. There is no reason to expect Anderson isn't still on the upward arc of his talent.

The only bad side is the Sox will start the season with 2 reliable starters out of 5. Most teams don't have 5 reliable starters. In a usual season 4 reliable starters is the hallmark of a good team. Kopech is the 3rd starter - I like where he is mentally - he seems relaxed. It will not be easy for him to not struggle early on as a starter. Inconsistency would be the expectation here. Keuchel doesn't look like he has it any more - though his stuff pitches better out of the dry Arizona air. I think Rey Lopez will end up as the 4th starter. The 5th starter will be a parade until someone takes the job or the Sox make a trade. The good news is the Sox do have a bullpen who can pick up a lot of innings - and in this regard the White Sox are better than the other teams in the Division.
you just forget about cease?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave this because you picked our boyz to at least make it to the big enchilada. And being very few 'experts' and fellow Sox diehards believe we'll go that far, this makes you a true homer and therefore worthy of the colors. So I had to join you in such. Can't let you dangle on that rainbow all by your lonesome.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave this because you picked our boyz to at least make it to the big enchilada. And being very few 'experts' and fellow Sox diehards believe we'll go that far, this makes you a true homer and therefore worthy of the colors. So I had to join you in such. Can't let you dangle on that rainbow all by your lonesome.
I raised my children the way I root for the White Sox - they start off perfect and earn their way down.