• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Realistic Expectations

Expectations

• 3 Wins

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 4-7 Wins

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 7-10 Wins

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • 11+ Wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First Round Play-off Exit

• Super Bowl

• Total voters

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I’m sticking with 7-10 wins. Yes I was infuriated with the flatness, lack of creativity and overall preparation. But, it was the Phins and they have our number, so …

We have good players, what is lacking is a clear strategy for using them. For example,
Not using the run game more, sitting Bourne until the 4Q. And yes, the OLine looks shabby, that will be a problem if they don’t game plan accordingly.

The run game looked fantastic early. Not sure what happened and why they abandoned it? One thing for sure is we can't always play from behind which is something we've been doing since TB12 left.

The Bourne thing remains a head scratcher.

I agree that we have good players but something just ain't right. Perhaps it will all come together, or perhaps not.

I am beginning to wonder if Mac is ultimately going to be our long term QB.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run game looked fantastic early. Not sure what happened and why they abandoned it? One thing for sure is we can't always play from behind which is something we've been doing since TB12 left.

I agree that we have good players but something just ain't right. Perhaps it will all come together, or perhaps not.

The phins figured out what was allowing the creases and the creases disappeared. It seemed like Stevenson was running inside a huddle the entire second half.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you implying it was Josh and not Brady who made that approach work?
No one said anything remotely close to that. Go back and read the thread. We were talking about the WCO and how Josh used it over the years.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said anything remotely close to that. Go back and read the thread. We were talking about the WCO and how Josh used it over the years.
Let's get one thing straight about the WCO and Tom Brady. He grew up watching it a few miles from his house. He basically learned football using it. Sure, when Bledsoe went down the offense was simplified but in 2002 they came out fresh with his variant of the WCO. It was his all the way supported by the coaches.

I'm not an advocate of the Brady v Belichick debate. Belichick has worked tirelessly but Brady was the fuel. Brady fueled the run but Belichick built the team and kept enough pieces intact to field a competitive team for almost 20 years. Belichick also created the plans that ate up teams that were better on paper. But make no mistake, neither Weiss nor McSkippy architected anything.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get one thing straight about the WCO and Tom Brady. He grew up watching it a few miles from his house. He basically learned football using it. Sure, when Bledsoe went down the offense was simplified but in 2002 they came out fresh with his variant of the WCO. It was his all the way supported by the coaches.

I'm not an advocate of the Brady v Belichick debate. Belichick has worked tirelessly but Brady was the fuel. Brady fueled the run but Belichick built the team and kept enough pieces intact to field a competitive team for almost 20 years. Belichick also created the plans that ate up teams that were better on paper. But make no mistake, neither Weiss nor McSkippy architected anything.
What the fuck man, no one is doubting what Brady brought to the table, it was not about Tom Brady. Jesus Man!!!!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...no.

Definitely not 2002.
Maybe by the time Bill O'Brian took over, but not 2002.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Running game was working outside but not in the middle.
Using Montgomery up the middle on 3rd down was not smart.
Play calling over all was not good - unless that is all we were prepared for?
Mistakes and turnovers cost us the game. Typical game in Miami......

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did contain Hill somewhat which the only bit of strategy. Too many mistakes and miscues.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm trying not to be unrealistic.

I don't understand exactly what BB is trying to do. He's been successful in the past. but, buT, BUT..........He's always had a solid staff around him.
Weiss, Crennell, Josh, O'B, Matt. Most important, he's never had a season without a true OC. Someone who had always been on that side of the ball. It allowed him to be the DC without being the DC. Not this year. As I said previously, NO man has ever been GM, HC, OC, DC in the NFL. Maybe George Halas, but he also owned the team.

My realistic expectation??? Robert Kraft is giving BB all of the rope he can carry and is looping the noose at the very end of it. It started with Brady leaving because Bill convinced Kraft that Brady was not worth $25M a year. What happened? SB #7 ring for TB12. Stepping forward, Bill couldn't put together a complete team even after spending more than $150M in free agency. Move forward to 2022 and he still doesn't have all of the pieces and he's making it worse by not having a solid coaching staff to help.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand exactly what BB is trying to do. He's been successful in the past. but, buT, BUT..........He's always had a solid staff around him.
Weiss, Crennell, Josh, O'B, Matt. Most important, he's never had a season without a true OC. Someone who had always been on that side of the ball. It allowed him to be the DC without being the DC. Not this year. As I said previously, NO man has ever been GM, HC, OC, DC in the NFL. Maybe George Halas, but he also owned the team.

My realistic expectation??? Robert Kraft is giving BB all of the rope he can carry and is looping the noose at the very end of it. It started with Brady leaving because Bill convinced Kraft that Brady was not worth $25M a year. What happened? SB #7 ring for TB12. Stepping forward, Bill couldn't put together a complete team even after spending more than $150M in free agency. Move forward to 2022 and he still doesn't have all of the pieces and he's making it worse by not having a solid coaching staff to help.
As far as one can see, BB has has done a great job, no one is doubting that. He needs to chill a bit and come to terms with reality.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd argue he's had periods without true OCs or DCs. When both Mangini and Patricia started they were practically interns and I think at one point BB took play calling away from Weiss. McSkippy was more the advanced intern too when he took over.

OC and DC or no OC and DC, BB has always been hands on with his underlings.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It started with Brady leaving because Bill convinced Kraft that Brady was not worth $25M a year.
Brady has said at the end of the 2018 season he made the decision to leave after the 2019 season, then signed a two year contract with the second year his option. He knew then that the Pats would not have any money or cap space, and he wanted the time to find the perfect team that could/would pay him and was SB ready.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has said at the end of the 2018 season he made the decision to leave after the 2019 season, then signed a two year contract with the second year his option. He knew then that the Pats would not have any money or cap space, and he wanted the time to find the perfect team that could/would pay him and was SB ready.
With a Player the caliber, ability and professionalism of a Brady, you shitcan as many pieces as necessary to keep him. You just don't let that level of talent walk away.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a Player the caliber, ability and professionalism of a Brady, you shitcan as many pieces as necessary to keep him. You just don't let that level of talent walk away.
Brady was 41, not 28. BB wanted some movement with regard to succession planning because, ya know, he was 41. Brady only had his own interests at heart, though those personal interests are closely aligned with game outcomes, not so much in regard to embracing other talent at his position.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The option was for the second year was his. He admitted he never opened the offer from Bill before making the trip to inform RK. He wanted out for a number of reasons. Including winning a SB with two teams because that was something Peyton had done.

So he hand picked the best place to do that and one upped Peyton in the process. Only QB to win a SB in both conferences.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The option was for the second year was his. He admitted he never opened the offer from Bill before making the trip to inform RK. He wanted out for a number of reasons. Including winning a SB with two teams because that was something Peyton had done.

So he hand picked the best place to do that and one upped Peyton in the process. Only QB to win a SB in both conferences.
And Peyton is the only to win two in the same conference, is the conference a worthy distinction?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, has any other QB won at least one SB in both conferences?
No, I was merely emphasizing it as an asterisk stat. He went to Tampa for another SB on another team, but did he really do it for the distinction of a second conference to one up (actually more like 1/2 up) Peyton. I think 7-2 is already stomping him into oblivion. The second team says "even without BB" but a new conference says what?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a new conference says what?
It say's "I own a stat that you don't".
I don't think he set out to own that particular stat, but Peyton was the first and only to win with two teams. TB wanted to win with two teams so that nobody could ever say "Peyton was the only QB to win with two different teams".
He chose the team that gave him the best option to win RIGHT NOW (two years ago). As a byproduct, he also became the only QB to win a SB with both conferences. An important stat? Ehh, it's a stat. He also became the second person (Starting QB) to bring a team to the SB in both conferences.