• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 QB market

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How ever if the Washington traded for Baker ( instead of Wentz) what would the cost of been? Hard to say now, but at the time of the Wentz trade I think Browns would of wanted more then two 3rd round picks.
Maybe so, but both Wentz and Mayfield should have had negative trade values because of their contracts. Sure, both players are better than the QBs the Commanders already had but neither really adds as much value to the team as their contracts dictate. The Commanders could reasonably have expected to get as much improvement, or more, by spending the money on FAs. The Commanders overpaid to make a splash, just so they can say they made a splash.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but both Wentz and Mayfield should have had negative trade values because of their contracts. Sure, both players are better than the QBs the Commanders already had but neither really adds as much value to the team as their contracts dictate. The Commanders could reasonably have expected to get as much improvement, or more, by spending the money on FAs. The Commanders overpaid to make a splash, just so they can say they made a splash.
Well they needed a better QB then they had, they knew that and so did the team fans. So they did what they could. I agree it won't likely help much in the win-lose column or at least not enough to make the playoffs.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every bloody year that fools name pops up. The dude hasn't stepped onto an NFL field in over 6 years yet still thinks he can play. Smh
On My Way Nfl GIF by Progressive