• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 QB market

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time of year brings a lot of changes at QB, also brings a lot of misdirection being let out. Lets see some of the situations.

Giants QB.png

Giants hold pick 1.05 could be in the market to draft a QB.

Jimmy G.png

Sounds like the 49ers will continue to hope for someone to show some interest in Jimmy, any interest. Likely ends up being cut once teams finalize their moves at QB.

Trubs.png

My guess is the Steelers draft a QB round 1 but likely miss on grabbing Willis.

Darnold.png

Cam.png

A first round grade.png

It's a lead pipe cinch that the Panthers take a QB in the first. Question being will they be able to move down a little and get some more draft capitol or will they use the 1.06

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 292597

My guess is the Steelers draft a QB round 1 but likely miss on grabbing Willis.

Its worth mentioning that the Steelers went to Desmond Ridder's pro day and also had dinner with him. Ridder fits the Steelers mold 1000%. But we'll see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t seem like the Steelers to take a QB in the 1st but their guy is there at the spot, I think this year it’s possible

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Panthers take Willis or Pickett? Or someone else?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t seem like the Steelers to take a QB in the 1st but their guy is there at the spot, I think this year it’s possible
Will Steelers have had Ben for over a decade so was no need to use a first for a QB. Now there is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its worth mentioning that the Steelers went to Desmond Ridder's pro day and also had dinner with him. Ridder fits the Steelers mold 1000%. But we'll see.
He does fit what they like and he's very likely to be available when the Steelers pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker.png

Yeah the Browns aren't going to risk cutting him and letting the Steelers swoop in and grab him for free. They would rather pay a team ( out of their division) to take him off their hands.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G and Baker should both be available at some point. Imo the Steelers and Seahawks are the best teams there. Just not in the same division. Baker Seattle, Jimmy G Pitt maybe.

Carolina drafting a QB does seem likely.

Commies seem like they could draft someone just not rd1. Wentz isn't young or safe.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G and Baker should both be available at some point. Imo the Steelers and Seahawks are the best teams there. Just not in the same division. Baker Seattle, Jimmy G Pitt maybe.

Carolina drafting a QB does seem likely.

Commies seem like they could draft someone just not rd1. Wentz isn't young or safe.
It's possible that Jimmy and Baker land on those teams. Personally I just want Seahawks to ride with Lock and address QB next season, but if they feel they need to add then a QB round 3 this year would be fine, say Sam Howell or Carson Strong ( although his knee problem is scary). I like Strongs arm and game and if it wasn't for the knee problem he'd be the one I like best ( of any rookie QB this season).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mold fit is 100% - 1000% would not fit.
So you are saying he is not a good fit?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Kaeptain Kaengaroo. Rumors are still swirling about his possible return. The Seahawks (unfortunately) are one of the teams that keep getting mentioned.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Kaeptain Kaengaroo. Rumors are still swirling about his possible return. The Seahawks (unfortunately) are one of the teams that keep getting mentioned.
Every bloody year that fools name pops up. The dude hasn't stepped onto an NFL field in over 6 years yet still thinks he can play. Smh

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of this year's QB crop are drafted top 5, those same teams will be drafting QB again within 3 years. They may be eventual potential starters, but they are not franchise QB caliber, which is the expectation of that level of draft pick. Lions would be well suited to look QB with their late 1st rounder and get value at #2.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every bloody year that fools name pops up. The dude hasn't stepped onto an NFL field in over 6 years yet still thinks he can play. Smh

Seahawks have reportedly shown interest, which is what changes that narrative.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SH visits.png

Teams who have had visits with Sam.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand the bottom-end QB starter market. Darnold wasn't worth a 2nd round pick last offseason and Wentz should have had negative trade value this year with his 2022 salary. Mayfield and Garoppolo were/are both better value options. I don't understand why the Giants aren't open about the 5th year option for Jones. it would make no sense to pick up that option. Above all it highlights some of the silliness in the last CBA. Before 2020 teams could renege on 5th year options until the final day of the player's 4th year, (Bears - Floyd). Now the 5th year options fully guarantee before the 4th season starts. Neither scenario makes sense. Why wouldn't a proportion, (maybe 30%), of the 5th year option become a guaranteed roster bonus at the start of the 5th year? (...and some of the 5th year options are still too high).

Old man rant.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand the bottom-end QB starter market. Darnold wasn't worth a 2nd round pick last offseason and Wentz should have had negative trade value this year with his 2022 salary. Mayfield and Garoppolo were/are both better value options. I don't understand why the Giants aren't open about the 5th year option for Jones. it would make no sense to pick up that option. Above all it highlights some of the silliness in the last CBA. Before 2020 teams could renege on 5th year options until the final day of the player's 4th year, (Bears - Floyd). Now the 5th year options fully guarantee before the 4th season starts. Neither scenario makes sense. Why wouldn't a proportion, (maybe 30%), of the 5th year option become a guaranteed roster bonus at the start of the 5th year? (...and some of the 5th year options are still too high).

Old man rant.
IDK Wentz threw more TDs (27) then Jimmy (20) or Baker (17) . He threw fewer picks (7) then Jimmy (13) or Baker ( 13) . Then the fact that Jimmy and Baker are on their final contract year isn't view as a positive, because to extend or resign your looking at a QB market that has exploded straight up.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Wentz threw more TDs (27) then Jimmy (20) or Baker (17) . He threw fewer picks (7) then Jimmy (13) or Baker ( 13) . Then the fact that Jimmy and Baker are on their final contract year isn't view as a positive, because to extend or resign your looking at a QB market that has exploded straight up.
The final year of the contract isn't normally an issue. When teams have longer term interests in a QB who only has 1 contract year remaining they talk to the player and agree an extension before they finalise the trade with his current team. Trades for QBs with 1 year left on their contract are for normally short-term options with low pick trade valuations.

I don't disagree with Wentz being a better option than Mayfield. I thought Wentz was ok for most of 2021. I question Wentz being $10M and 2 3rd round picks better. If the picks are worth $10M then the cost is $20M more than for Mayfield. At that price i'd choose Mayfield.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final year of the contract isn't normally an issue. When teams have longer term interests in a QB who only has 1 contract year remaining they talk to the player and agree an extension before they finalise the trade with his current team. Trades for QBs with 1 year left on their contract are for normally short-term options with low pick trade valuations.

I don't disagree with Wentz being a better option than Mayfield. I thought Wentz was ok for most of 2021. I question Wentz being $10M and 2 3rd round picks better. If the picks are worth $10M then the cost is $20M more than for Mayfield. At that price i'd choose Mayfield.
How ever if the Washington traded for Baker ( instead of Wentz) what would the cost of been? Hard to say now, but at the time of the Wentz trade I think Browns would of wanted more then two 3rd round picks.