• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Qatar Cup to be held in Nov/Dec

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I have no idea. Have never nor will I ever watch a MLS match.
I don't watch it either, not because of the summer schedule, but IMO it's just a shit product overall.

To me, one of the biggest issues is that instead of running it the same as every other league in the world, they are A) trying to run it like the other U.S. Pro leagues and B) the whole single entity ownership crap.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking travesty. How in the world can this go on during European competition.

Also random rant. IF MLS ever wants to be taken seriously. Adapt European calendar. There is a reason why the best US players need to go play in Europe.
The MLS will need to do a whole fuck load more than that to help the USA be competitive in soccer. They can start by spending their money on developing home grown talent instead of paying out the ass for foreign superstars that are way past heir prime.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I have no idea. Have never nor will I ever watch a MLS match.

Me too. MLS is too much like other sports in America: teams moving to get a better deal, when was the last time a European Club moved? No relegation / promotion either, so teams can tank like the 76ers did for 5 years. And the goofy names: D.C United like that makes me think they are the American version of Manchester United. Yeah right. Other jokes: Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City lol. Still waiting waiting for Bayern Cleveland.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. MLS is too much like other sports in America: teams moving to get a better deal, when was the last time a European Club moved? No relegation / promotion either, so teams can tank like the 76ers did for 5 years. And the goofy names: D.C United like that makes me think they are the American version of Manchester United. Yeah right. Other jokes: Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City lol. Still waiting waiting for Bayern Cleveland.

The only one I know of is when Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes and became MK Dons, but that was pretty controversial and wasn't easy for them.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew there were problems with Germany but it seems to be it was more than football. Bridges burned for good:

Ozil quits Germany national team, citing racism

Can't deny Ozil was not a good player for Germany over the years..they won more than they lost with him, including 2014 World Cup....but man what a train wreck this year's team was...more than any other team in the tournament imo.