• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Preseason Thread

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RobBase

The following clip is Exactly why you have Hutch inside, in certain situations, on a passing down. It's the matchup he has, plus you have Austin Bryant as a 7-tech strongside and Charles Harris 7-tech on the weakside along with John Cominsky as a shaded 5-tech.

You bitched and ranted about why DC/AG would ever use Hutch this way. Here is your answer.

Hmm don’t recall that one.

:crazy:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crock.

Jemar Jefferson makes final 53.

J. Jackson and Igwebuike out and Stenberg in

Trinity Benson out and only (5) WR. Cephus WR5

Demtrius Taylor in.

JuJu Hughes in

As always, this list should only be considered the initial 53-man roster, as most teams tinker with this lineup in the next 24-48 hours as they scour the waiver wire and make injury adjustments.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crock.

Jemar Jefferson makes final 53.

J. Jackson and Igwebuike out and Stenberg in

Trinity Benson out and only (5) WR. Cephus WR5

Demtrius Taylor in.

JuJu Hughes in

As always, this list should only be considered the initial 53-man roster, as most teams tinker with this lineup in the next 24-48 hours as they scour the waiver wire and make injury adjustments.
I like most of these. Love that we did not risk Stenberg. Next year Vaitai is most likely gone, Stenberg and Kraemer are both good enough to fill in that spot. Jackson seemed like the clear choice over Jefferson, but as the 4th guy it is not huge. Onwuzurike will most likely go on some injure list or another. Really hate that Anzalone made it

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the end for Cornell, I liked him out of college, but the bad injury early rookie year pretty much ended him. Especially once new regime came in.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Leatherwood already being cut is a big deal. 1st round pick can't make it into round 2?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but taking a guy at 2 who moves away from rush end on 3rd makes me sick to my stomach (might be all the protein shakes I drink but I doubt it).

I don't see it that way. It'll depend on inside matchup between players. You wouldn't be losing out pass rushers as a whole. Getting pressure up the middle or over the B gap by sliding inside is still a thing.

Hmm don’t recall that one.

:crazy:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Leatherwood already being cut is a big deal. 1st round pick can't make it into round 2?

Tbh, he shouldn't have been drafted until day 3 or maybe somewhere in 3rd round.
And he wasn't a good CFB LT either even though they drafted him to be an OG.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh, he shouldn't have been drafted until day 3 or maybe somewhere in 3rd round.
And he wasn't a good CFB LT either even though they drafted him to be an OG.
Didn't he win the outland award for best lineman?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hate that Anzalone made it

Agree, but unfortunately Anzalone is to the LB group as much as Brockers is to the DL. Obviously, Brockers' has produced more at his position than Anzalone, but with games started at LB by Board - 2, Woods - 1, Barnes - 6 and Rodriguez - 0, it is what it is.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he win the outland award for best lineman?

Not that I recall. He became worse as each, and every year went by after his R.S. Frosh year.

You are correct that he did win, but given that, he still was terrible from my viewpoint.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I recall. He became worse as each, and every year went by after his R.S. Frosh year.
I just looked it up, he did win it in 2020. crazy, because to get 45 penalties you would need to have almost 0 technique

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

none of these are coming back just like Crosby from last year.

• EDGE Eric Banks (waived/injured), per Lions
  • WR Trinity Benson (waived/injured), per Lions
  • DT Jashon Cornell (waived/injured), per Lions
  • G Kevin Jarvis (waived/injured), per Lions

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked it up, he did win it in 2020. crazy, because to get 45 penalties you would need to have almost 0 technique

Even while at Bama, he had poor footwork, waist bender, got beat by speed whether inside or outside, inability to recover quick enough to reset when he lost any type of leverage.

I called out the Raiders for drafting him then and even prior to the 2021 draft. Leatherwood was horrible his last year and winning the Outland trophy was rightfully his - even though I had forgotten that he was "given" that award.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is odd and not the waiving of Blough, but there is a lack of backup QB's on the market.

laughable

On Monday, coach Dan Campbell said this was a possibility, should the Lions find a clear upgrade.

“I think the best way to answer is whoever is out there, you’ve got to know it’s a clear upgrade from what’s already in this building would be the best way to say it,” Campbell said. “Because if it’s not then why would you do it?”

This preseason, Sudfeld played in all three games, completing 26-of-38 passes for 254 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception.

Sudfeld is a tall passer (6-foot-6) who enjoyed a pretty successful career as a three-year starter at Indiana. There, he completed 60.3 of his passes for 8.0 yards per attempt while connecting on 61 touchdowns to just 20 interceptions. He has decent arm strength, and while he has good athleticism, he mostly fits as a pocket passer.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. Kent Lee Platte - he is the RAS inventor - has some scorching takes on Brad Holmes regarding backup QB's

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By Noon ET on Wednesday, the Lions—along with every other NFL team—must put in a claim for any of the players waived over the past few days. Once that deadline passes, teams will be notified if they were awarded any of those players and will have a few hours to make a corresponding move.

At that exact same deadline, teams will then be eligible to fill out their 16-player practice squad with any of the players who were not claimed or are otherwise free agents.

In other words, right around Noon ET, we can expect to start hearing about Lions waiver claims, the status of players the Lions waived, and signings to Detroit’s practice squad.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few surprising Lions players get waived/injured

When a player is waived/injured, it means that player will hit waivers and if unclaimed, they will go to injured reserve. If they make it to IR, their season is over—unless the team decides to then cut them with an injury settlement. In those instances, they cannot sign anywhere until the length of their injury settlement expires, and if they were to sign with the original team, they’d have to wait an additional three weeks.

On Tuesday, the Lions waived/injured Eric Banks, Kevin Jarvis, C.J. Moore, Trinity Benson, and Jashon Cornell.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is easier to read but it doesn't state players who are waived injured

Not sure what the hell games he was watching to keep Jefferson over Jackson. Also Seibert over Patterson. Neither had 60 yard range but at least Patterson does not duck hook his kicks. At least we wont have to worry about winning close games now.