• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who isn’t?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor i keep hearing is hes not a talent guy, so dunno how thats gonna work
Yea that’s the knock unfortunately. But he’s been in NFL football operations since '97. That's almost a quarter-century of football knowledge. 21 of those years with the Steelers. You can't tell me that he doesn't know how to scout talent with that many years being around it day to day.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right about the time the defense started to suck.
Maybe, maybe not. The defense looked like a shell of itself after the super bowl XLV against GB after the 2010 season. Lebeau didn't step down until after the 2014 season. If Tomlin was only calling plays during a couple years of LeBeau's final years then there are still 1-2 years where the defense was declining. Personnel was aged & in desperate need of being revamped, but still fair to put some blame on LeBeau.

But I do think it was inevitable that Tomlin wanted to take control of the D. Probably just wanted it to be a fluid transition given LeBeau's pedigree.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB matters to him. He already said immediately after the postseason loss that he wanted to stay with the Steelers for another 4 year deal. But in the same breath he said he wanted to convince Ben to stay another season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that’s the knock unfortunately. But he’s been in NFL football operations since '97. That's almost a quarter-century of football knowledge. 21 of those years with the Steelers. You can't tell me that he doesn't know how to scout talent with that many years being around it day to day.
If thats what i keep hearing… u can be good with numbers and not good with talent. Heck nfl coaches can be good with coaching talent but not at evaluating. The way i heard it explained was colbert and the other guy(forget his name) are the talent guys. Who knows

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats what i keep hearing… u can be good with numbers and not good with talent. Heck nfl coaches can be good with coaching talent but not at evaluating. The way i heard it explained was colbert and the other guy(forget his name) are the talent guys. Who knows
I'm not overly concerned if Khan got the job. The scouting departments runs as a team to scout personnel, based on need (communicated/controlled by the GM).

Ultimately the decisions on who to draft or sign comes down to the GM & HC, with speculation that Art could overrule. But the scouting departments do all the groundwork to make these decisions easier. The GM still has the job of weighing the choices by analyzing the needs, risks, rewards, etc, allthewhile managing the cap with whomever fills Khan's position if he is promoted. Considering how the team has drafted over the last decade I tend to believe that Tomlin has a lot more authority in the decision making. And if he doesn't, then maybe he wants more power in that area?

Brandon Hunt is the scouting guy that is considered Colbert's heir apparent.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not overly concerned if Khan got the job. The scouting departments runs as a team to scout personnel, based on need (communicated/controlled by the GM).

Ultimately the decisions on who to draft or sign comes down to the GM & HC, with speculation that Art could overrule. But the scouting departments do all the groundwork to make these decisions easier. The GM still has the job of weighing the choices by analyzing the needs, risks, rewards, etc, allthewhile managing the cap with whomever fills Khan's position if he is promoted. Considering how the team has drafted over the last decade I tend to believe that Tomlin has a lot more authority in the decision making. And if he doesn't, then maybe he wants more power in that area?

Brandon Hunt is the scouting guy that is considered Colbert's heir apparent.
thats who it is! hunt, duh, was havin a big brain fart

i agree fully with your statement. But even with the assist, if hes not a good X n O guy, then that could be bad. regardless, if tomlin wants more input, and we think the drafting has had tomlins hands all through it of late, then that also may not be good.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
classic-rage-memebase-com-39507044-1500-1224.jpg

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm unconcerned. I think it was time to move on from him anyway. Even before this past mystery season, he was too often unavailable.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm unconcerned. I think it was time to move on from him anyway. Even before this past mystery season, he was too often unavailable.
I agree its pretty much time to move on... But considering how many holes there are to fill... That blows

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree its pretty much time to move on... But considering how many holes there are to fill... That blows
I'm actually kind of happy with the DL right now. Would be nice to find another guy, but not necessary.

DE: Wormley, Carlos Davis, Mondeaux
NT: Alualu, Adams
DE: Cam, Loudermilk

I wouldn't be sad to see Mondeaux or Davis pushed off, or even Wormley pushed back. But I think we can do very well riding the season with this squad.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually kind of happy with the DL right now. Would be nice to find another guy, but not necessary.

DE: Wormley, Carlos Davis, Mondeaux
NT: Alualu, Adams
DE: Cam, Loudermilk

I wouldn't be sad to see Mondeaux or Davis pushed off, or even Wormley pushed back. But I think we can do very well riding the season with this squad.
Meh. Takes a pretty big leap of faith to believe in that group. They pretty much had everyone but the NTs for 75% of the season and that equated to a 32nd ranked rush defense. Adams, Davis & Loudermilk need to take sizable leaps next year. And who knows what ALualu has left in the tank.

This team's luck with superstars for the last 5-7 years has been awful.

AB & Bell... obviously left of their own accord.

Shazier & Tuitt... way more unfortunate circumstances.

And now their most consistent saving grace is retiring...

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Takes a pretty big leap of faith to believe in that group. They pretty much had everyone but the NTs for 75% of the season and that equated to a 32nd ranked rush defense. Adams, Davis & Loudermilk need to take sizable leaps next year. And who knows what ALualu has left in the tank.

This team's luck with superstars for the last 5-7 years has been awful.

AB & Bell... obviously left of their own accord.

Shazier & Tuitt... way more unfortunate circumstances.

And now their most consistent saving grace is retiring...
For a lot of the season the were playing with Buggs and other guys who aren't NT's at the nose. That hurt. And the ILB's being a serious soft spot all year also was a failing.

I'm higher on the DL as it is.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3