• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NFL Draft Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins pick a LB, Channing Tindall. It's a very good pick at a position of need.
Everyone is loving this pick and so am I. Lots of speed sideline to sideline fits perfectly in this D. I think they needed a LB more than a C but close. We'll see if they go that route in the 4th. Miami is a lot faster this year....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. It would be a lot of work to argue and most of us are tired. Have a good night.
The word on the street is that they picked him a round early that's all. Good player just early. Could have traded back or went in a different direction when you have lots of holes it's not good to reach.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tindall was top 5 in LB drills at the combine. He's got elite closing speed when chasing down tackles. He was a big part of a national championship defense in Georgia.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is loving this pick and so am I. Lots of speed sideline to sideline fits perfectly in this D. I think they needed a LB more than a C but close. We'll see if they go that route in the 4th. Miami is a lot faster this year....

Very quietly underrated player. Very good pick.

Tindall is capable of running down Josh Allen. Allen has been a problem for the Fins as a dual threat QB. Tindall will also make a lot of plays with his speed tackling RBs.

Like Georgia the Fins have good players and a good system in place. I think he will be able to play a similar role like he did in college, especially early in his career.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tindall is capable of running down Josh Allen. Allen has been a problem for the Fins as a dual threat QB. Tindall will also make a lot of plays with his speed stopping RBs.
Tidall put up some amazing stats while never starting a game. Buried in a crowded team. Very much a part of this championship team.
I have heard it said that you needed a LB. I have no opinion on that. But if you did, you picked the right one.
Nakobe Dean was higher rated but Tindall will be a much better LB in the pros.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Ezukanma - quality back-up receiver. He's a project you can afford.
Has good upside if the receivers on your team take him under their wing,

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Ezukanma - quality back-up receiver. He's a project you can afford.
Has good upside if the receivers on your team take him under their wing,

I think choosing him means the Fins feel better about their Oline then most people do or they have a veteran in mind to sign after the draft. I think the Fins coaches have confidence in their coaching abilities and system.

Erik E reminds me of Devante Parker in size, ball skills and speed.

This draft has very good depth at WR and the Fins picked BPA.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think choosing him means the Fins feel better about their Oline then most people do or they have a veteran in mind to sign after the draft. I think the Fins coaches have confidence in their coaching abilities and system.

Erik E reminds me of Devante Parker in size, ball skills and speed.
He will need time on the bench.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will need time on the bench.....

I don't think that the Fins have to rush Erik E into the lineup but he's talented.

People have been underestimating Preston Williams. He's a baller. He just seems to get bit by the injury bug every year. When healthy he is probably a 4th WR on the team. Also Bowden Jr is versatile and fast & may earn playing time. There are others that will get a look such as Sherfield.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that the Fins have to rush Erik E into the lineup but he's talented.

People have been underestimating Preston Williams. He's a baller. He just seems to get bit by the injury bug every year. When healthy he is probably a 4th WR on the team. Also Bowden Jr is versatile and fast & may earn playing time. There are others that will get a look such as Sherfield.
Oh, trust me. I think he will play. He can be a starter with upside. Needs pro practice time with NFL players and coaching.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dolphins finally get their QB of the future.

On a different note - the LBs the Dolphins selected will be great . Both solid at their position , who I expect to be immediate impacts and for quite some time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dolphins finally get their QB of the future.

On a different note - the LBs the Dolphins selected will be great . Both solid at their position , who I expect to be immediate impacts and for quite some time.
You could have had the best QB in college ball in the 4th. Beat Joe Burrows records!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson is a talented QB with potential. That said, he will need to play well to earn a spot on the practice squad. Streveler also has potential.

Tua has been putting a lot of work in to get better and learn the play book this off-season. It wouldn't surprise me if he has a very good season for the team

I like the additions to the LB group from the draft. I think these guys will make plays for the team early on, provide depth and could earn more playing time as the season progresses.

At WR depth has been a problem in years past. I don't think that will be a problem. It's a deep and talented group.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson is a talented QB with potential. That said, he will need to play well to earn a spot on the practice squad. Streveler also has potential.

Tua has been putting a lot of work in to get better and learn the play book this off-season. It wouldn't surprise me if he has a very good season for the team

I like the additions to the LB group from the draft. I think these guys will make plays for the team early on, provide depth and could earn more playing time as the season progresses.

At WR depth has been a problem in years past. I don't think that will be a problem. It's a deep and talented group.
You guys did very good at LB in what was a very weak draft for off the ball linebackers.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s what CBSSports said about the Dolphins, FWIW:

Miami Dolphins: C
Best Pick: They waited to take a player until the third round because of trades, but they nailed their first pick taking linebacker Channing Tindall. He is a playmaker who will be better in the NFL than he was at Georgia.

Worst Pick: I didn't like the choice of receiver Erik Ezukanma from Texas Tech. Isn't this a team with a lot of receivers already? Why not another position?

The Skinny: They didn't pick until the third round because of trades, including to get Tyreek Hill. He was worth getting, so that helps this grade. And I love Tindall.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s what CBSSports said about the Dolphins, FWIW:

Miami Dolphins: C
Best Pick: They waited to take a player until the third round because of trades, but they nailed their first pick taking linebacker Channing Tindall. He is a playmaker who will be better in the NFL than he was at Georgia.

Worst Pick: I didn't like the choice of receiver Erik Ezukanma from Texas Tech. Isn't this a team with a lot of receivers already? Why not another position?

The Skinny: They didn't pick until the third round because of trades, including to get Tyreek Hill. He was worth getting, so that helps this grade. And I love Tindall.
You don't give a team good draft grades because of good veteran trades IMHO.
I do like the excellent value of the picks they did have remaining.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't give a team good draft grades because of good veteran trades IMHO.
I do like the excellent value of the picks they did have remaining.
Agreed and if Tindall becomes a player then that's good enough for me the rest will be gravy. Although I believe it's best to look at the draft and offseason as an overall grade when the smoke clears. It all works together.