• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real though three things should be happening:
1. Harden is working on precision entry passes reading body pressure for how to throw Embiid open.
2. Embiid is working on his pick and roll game to add to his pick and pop game. Embiid needs to learn to rim run with burst. Should have seen more of that post Harden trade last year.
3. Doc Rivers is watching Karl Malone tape to see how Jerry Sloan, screeners and John Stockton got Malone so many deep catches where all he needed to do was work from 5 feet in to score.

Just getting something out of 2 of 3 makes the Sixers a contender.
1 outta 3 ain’t bad I guess…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, put shooters around Embiid and let him go to work.

He’s never had that kind of spacing before with dipshit.
If Harden and Maxey were better defenders you could get away with playing him at 6’4’’ as a 3 but most teams have two guys in the rotation that are 6’8’’. Maxey is small and Harden can’t defend. Lot of pressure on Harris who took a step forward defensively. Need more size in the 3 and D wing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarcasm noted.

Thybulle is a very great defender, he doesn’t fit this TEAM.

You know who does? Gordon…
Gordon has also been leaked to the Suns. Are you not liking the idea of what the Suns have to give up? Ha, is that why you’re pushing Gordon that way?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 outta 3 ain’t bad I guess…
We will know everything we need to know about Harden by how he looks when he goes into camp. If he’s not in the best shape he has been in a decade it’s hopeless.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harden and Maxey were better defenders you could get away with playing him at 6’4’’ as a 3 but most teams have two guys in the rotation that are 6’8’’. Maxey is small and Harden can’t defend. Lot of pressure on Harris who took a step forward defensively. Need more size in the 3 and D wing.
Well, they’re not. This team is going to win with offense.

They might as well go all in on offensive players that can space the floor a lot better then what they had last year. Believe it or not, but this team was missing Curry down the line.

Embiid down low is the biggest X factor that Harden has ever played with.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will know everything we need to know about Harden by how he looks when he goes into camp. If he’s not in the best shape he has been in a decade it’s hopeless.
I’m more concerned with the stuff that won’t be revealed until after Christmas. Has he accepted his new normal and reinvented the way he plays the game? He can still be great and a force if he can have that honest assessment CP3 had of what he can do at that older stage of his career. I don’t care if he is fat and rolly polly with Draymond ass. If he reworks the game to add stuff the defense has to honor to make it easier to get to the rim, he can be All NBA 3rd team type of guy. His BBall IQ as a creator of offense and scorer is off the charts. I understand where you’re coming from. Shape gauges his commitment. That could still be there in him being in shape but it doesn’t mean much if he doesn’t realize he lost step. That’s why dude has to be real with himself. He can’t do what he used to depend upon.

Last edited:

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon has also been leaked to the Suns. Are you not liking the idea of what the Suns have to give up? Ha, is that why you’re pushing Gordon that way?
Depends on what they’re giving up for him.

This Suns team could be a lot different in a month, can’t say the same for your 6ers.

Your team is pretty much set in stone.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they’re not. This team is going to win with offense.

They might as well go all in on offensive players that can space the floor a lot better then what they had last year. Believe it or not, but this team was missing Curry down the line.

Embiid down low is the biggest X factor that Harden has ever played with.
Curry was a double edged sword. Dude had to shoot like 50% from 3 to account for how often he was cooked on the other end. Curry single handedly got Kevin Huerter some nice money.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what they’re giving up for him.

This Suns team could be a lot different in a month, can’t say the same for your 6ers.

You’re team is pretty much set in stone.
Agreed. That’s the way it should be though really (just commenting Sixers here). You don’t start a Harden/Embiid/Maxey experiment and shift course after like 24 basketball games and playoffs. They just need to tweak to fill holes.
Melton, Midlevel wing (House is my pick), Bassey takes back up 5 minutes and BBall Paul plays as a big 4 instead of being exclusively coached and played as a 5 would be my changes. They can reassess at the trade deadline.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry was a double edged sword. Dude had to shoot like 50% from 3 to account for how often he was cooked on the other end. Curry single handedly got Kevin Huerter some nice money.
And now you have a way better scorer who isn’t undersized and is a way better playmaker.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. That’s the way it should be though really (just commenting Sixers here). You don’t start a Harden/Embiid/Maxey experiment and shift course after like 24 basketball games and playoffs. They just need to tweak to fill holes.
Melton, Midlevel wing (House is my pick), Bassey takes back up 5 minutes and BBall Paul plays as a big 4 instead of being exclusively coached and played as a 5 would be my changes. They can reassess at the trade deadline.
A Gordon/Melton bench would do wonders for that team…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Brown, TJ Warren?
Never dreamed of Bruce Brown but he’s the perfect fit at the 3 for the Sixers. Can they get him for the 6 million midlevel? I’m not so sure and never considered him. I think he gets the full midlevel from somebody.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Gordon/Melton bench would do wonders for that team…
Sixers don’t have a starter at the 3 right now and a Gordon deal would likely send out Harris cause Gordon makes nearly 20. That’s the only salary on the team large enough to be involved. So the Sixers would be the anti-Clippers with no wings at all.