• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Draft

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who saw him play much thoughts on the older Mobley? Just a move to make the fam. happy or legit chance to have a backup big man role?

@trojanfan12 ?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, TJF12. I am thinking along the lines of having two NBA greats as fathers chirping in their respective son's ears to get after it. If it becomes an old man Ball situation where all three of his sons tuned-him-out and ran away from him, then you may be right. But if it is the NBA Greats Scottie Pippen and Shaquille O'Neal gentle persuasions with space, we may see them starting in say 1-3 years. Both of them are worth that investment.
Pippen Jr has more upside than Shaq's son. Shaq's son is an end of bench type, if that. I see him being more of an overseas player. No shame in that either....it's not the NBA but you can make a very decent living.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen Jr has more upside than Shaq's son. Shaq's son is an end of bench type, if that. I see him being more of an overseas player. No shame in that either....it's not the NBA but you can make a very decent living.
Shareef won't be on the Lakers roster.

Definitely not LA.

Possibly not South Bay

He's playing Summer League as a courtesy.

I get Shaq's point.

He wants him to finish school because he doesn't have NBA talent.

But, he has to let him find that out on his own.

Money isn't a factor.

School will be there if basketball falls thru.

Let him try so he doesn't have to live with the " What it's ".

Who knows, maybe he has a chance at a long overseas career, like you said.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who saw him play much thoughts on the older Mobley? Just a move to make the fam. happy or legit chance to have a backup big man role?

@trojanfan12 ?

I think he's a legit backup big. He has much of the same skillset as Evan, but doesn't have Evan's level of talent. He's more physical than Evan, so that should help him as well. He also knows the game and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

I doubt he'll ever be a starter, but I think he can be a solid rotational player. I mentioned earlier that I think his ceiling is in the Markieff Morris range.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except knicks fans
I have a question...

Who's idea do you think it was to include the lottery pick into the Kemba salary dump?

If it was the Knicks, they are stupid.

At least get off Fournier's money!!!

If that was the cost of doing business from multiple teams, how many picks will it take to move a guy like Westbrook, if it costs you #11 to move 1 yr/I0 mil?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question...

Who's idea do you think it was to include the lottery pick into the Kemba salary dump?

If that was the cost of doing business from multiple teams, how many picks will it take to move a guy like Westbrook, if it costs you #11 to move 1 yr/I0 mil?
I think it’s well established that they are stupid lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question...

They did also save the cap hold for their first

So almost 15m

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question...

Marc stein saying there is a lot of smoke to the Brunson to NY stuff

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pippen Jr. going to be a 2 way or overseas player too.

Very little upside there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Patrick Baldwin? You gotta be kidding me

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What did I keep telling laker fans?

2m can get you a top 40ish pick

You got freaking 35
Incredible work and flexing of your financial muscle

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Patrick Baldwin? You gotta be kidding me

Baldwin is an astonishingly bad athlete for a guy who was a non center 5 star recruit

Or maybe he’s still hurt since the warriors exec kept saying baldwin needed to get cleared to start playing in summer league for them

But man can he shoot. I don’t think poor man’s Harrison barnes is unreasonable.

I read one article that said this kids supporting cast was so bad he had 7 open shots all year….7. Total. Not per game, 7 the entire season

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is an astonishingly bad athlete for a guy who was a non center 5 star recruit

Or maybe he’s still hurt since the warriors exec kept saying baldwin needed to get cleared to start playing in summer league for them

I read one article that said this kids supporting cast was so bad he had 7 open shots all year….7. Total. Not per game, 7 the entire season

Since the Warriors are strapped for cap space, perhaps they thought they could low-ball this guy and save money

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched clips and sometime you see a kids college clips and say to yourself, " Yep nice college game not sure it will hold up at the pro level" that's the vibe I got.

The athletic did a really nice write up.

Athletically he’s compared to ja and westbrook

He’s a ridiculous athlete

The question is can get fix his shooting mechanics and get the game experience he needs to learn to cut down on turnovers

Cause he makes plays few others can, but he also messes up alot of the basics

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely overrated and injury prone. Total shot in the dark but it is surprising how unathletic he is for his size. If he can shoot lights and stay healthy he has the size to be a nice pure shooter

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@WiggyRuss and he shot 41% from 3. I think this kid is being undervalued. He has a quick release and a pure shooter, he can play defense. Exactly what the Cavs needed. Too much emphasis on his age imo

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@WiggyRuss and he shot 41% from 3. I think this kid is being undervalued. He has a quick release and a pure shooter, he can play defense. Exactly what the Cavs needed. Too much emphasis on his age imo

He’s a fine pick.

Less upside

But he’s a good fit for what the Cavs need.

And I think he and okoro can play together

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should be a solid role player. Very smooth game. Big enough to defend his position and he can shoot.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope both Garza and Livers play in the summer league this year. I want to see what they do alongside Ivey and Duren.

If the Pistons add both Ayton and Bagley back it's conceivable Garza is either out or in the G league all year.

Will be interesting. He had some nice games.