• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions prospects

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the Texans org told him the Lions are taking Thibodeaux at 2:

Not sure I would take KT over Hutch. Hutch seems to be a much better leader to build a defense around.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comparing Thibodeaux to Aidan Hutchinson​

The strong consensus opinion is that Aidan Hutchinson is the top prospect in this year’s draft due to proven production and having a high floor. However, Thibodeaux’s output wasn’t that far off from Hutchinson’s last season, as he played the season a year younger. Hutchinson led the country with 55 hurries, tied for first with 14 sacks, and ranked third with 74 total pressures. Thibodeaux ranked outside of the top 15 in all three of those categories.

However, the efficiency metrics per PFF’s Premium Stats show that Thibodeaux and Hutchinson were much closer. Thibodeaux’s 23.2% pass-rush win rate was narrowly behind Hutchinson’s 25%. PFF has a PRP metric that measures sacks, hits, and hurries compared to the number of pass-rush reps, and Thibodeaux’s 10.7 rate is just behind Hutchinson’s 10.9.

Kayvon Thibodeaux also performed exceptionally well in athletic testing to earn a 92 overall grade per NFL Next Gen Stats and a 9.61 Relative Athletic Score grade. His 4.58-second 40-yard dash ranks in the 93rd percentile of edge rushers per MockDraftable, and his 1.59-second 10-yard split ranks in the 87th percentile. He also led his position group with 27 bench reps.

Aidan Hutchinson ranked as a 95 overall prospect per Next Gen Stats and finished with a stellar 9,88 RAS grade. His 3-cone drill came in at 6.73 seconds, which rates in the 99th percentile for defensive ends, and he ranked in the 94th percentile with a 4.15-second short shuttle.

I don't see KT being THAT much more of an athlete. At least from these numbers. Hutch's 3 cone ability to diagnose plays would be enough for me.

To be honest. I am not going to complain about us drafting either one.