• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 HOF Ballot

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Manny Ramirez ever gets in Cooperstown close the place down.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Lots of story lines in there... Bonds and Clemens' final year? ARod & Big Papi's first year?

I think Clemens & Bonds finally get in... Rodriguez & Ortiz both fall short because of the steroid not-sees....

Schilling & Sosa fall well short...

its simple IMO if you let Bonds and Clemens in then you let ARod in... and vice versa...

if any get in while another does not make it, then that is the stupidest thing ever... and the voters should all get shot...

the interesting zero drug guys(Ramirez, Sheffield, Ortiz, Sosa, Rodriguez, Clemens, Bonds are not included)

in no order

Schilling
Rolen
Vizquel
Jones
Wagner
Nathan

All else dont deserve to remain on the list next year...

Only Schilling and Wagner would get get my vote... Maybe Nathan...

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His stats mean nothing now. In 2009 he was suspended 50 games for violating the drug policy. He's a cheater. And his numbers are fueled by drugs.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats mean nothing now. In 2009 he was suspended 50 games for violating the drug policy. He's a cheater. And his numbers are fueled by drugs.

Yikes!

Welcome to baseball in the 90s & 00s... Everyone did steroids... Clemens/Bonds/Ramirez just got caught...

OF, Vladimir Guerrero got in with 93% of the votes, playing during the same era. No one would take Vlad over Ramirez...

Hell, Jeter got in with 99% of the votes - and he played during the same ERA... Just because players didn't get caught, doesn't mean they were clean...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds and Clemens are a different case from ARod and Ramirez. Bonds and Clemens were only “caught” by their names leaking from anonymous tests, while roids were not illegal in the game. ARod and Ramirez were both caught multiple times when the use was explicitly against the rules. That’s a BIG difference.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes!

Welcome to baseball in the 90s & 00s... Everyone did steroids... Clemens/Bonds/Ramirez just got caught...

OF, Vladimir Guerrero got in with 93% of the votes, playing during the same era. No one would take Vlad over Ramirez...

Hell, Jeter got in with 99% of the votes - and he played during the same ERA... Just because players didn't get caught, doesn't mean they were clean...

Everyone did steroids during that era? Well that's incorrect. So you're really saying Jeter (since you mentioned him) took steroids? I find that funny coming from a Red Sox fan. Of course he did.

Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz also cheated the game right? I guess that's why they're all in the HOF?

"everyone did steroids" :laugh3:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vizquel's an overrated piece of shit.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stats say he's one of the 10 best right handed hitters of all time.

But hard to overlook the multiple positives, including the female hormone thing, which from what I gather was taken to mitigate the effects of long term anabolic steroid usage.

In short, he's probably not getting in any time soon.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Manny had great stats. He was a tremendous hitter, but much of his stat line came from a syringe. Anyone that gets caught twice, after knowing that testing and punishment was happening, it is very bad for everyone.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imho, that’s a very defensible ballot. Not that I agree with it 100%, but there aren’t any boneheaded calls.

Essentially, the only boneheaded calls would be splitting your votes for Bonds/Clemens or voting Manny or Sosa but NOT voting Bonds/Clemens.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Veterans' Committee announced their inductees today.
On a personal note, my Hall of Fame autograph collection just increased by 3. Buck O'Neil. Jim Kaat and Tony Oliva. All 3 are (were) very personable and easy to talk to.
Congratulations to all of the inductees and I will try to be in Cooperstown next summer to see them enshrined.
Here are the players selected:
Bud Fowler and Buck O'Neil were elected from the Early Baseball Era Committee ballot of 10 candidates, while Gil Hodges, Jim Kaat, Minnie Miñoso and Tony Oliva were elected from the 10 Golden Days Era Committee candidates.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Veterans' Committee announced their inductees today.
On a personal note, my Hall of Fame autograph collection just increased by 3. Buck O'Neil. Jim Kaat and Tony Oliva. All 3 are (were) very personable and easy to talk to.
Congratulations to all of the inductees and I will try to be in Cooperstown next summer to see them enshrined.
Here are the players selected:
Bud Fowler and Buck O'Neil were elected from the Early Baseball Era Committee ballot of 10 candidates, while Gil Hodges, Jim Kaat, Minnie Miñoso and Tony Oliva were elected from the 10 Golden Days Era Committee candidates.
I have Tony Oliva's autograph also.

I think there's gonna need to be some kind of weird Steroid Era Committee to get Bonds and Clemens in like they should be

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Tony Oliva's autograph also.

I think there's gonna need to be some kind of weird Steroid Era Committee to get Bonds and Clemens in like they should be
On a very personal note, the day I got Buck O'Neil's autograph at the ***** League Museum, I bumped into him at Kauffman Stadium and he recognized us. He said "I happen to know the seats next to mine are going to be empty tonight. Would you like to join me for the game?" It was the best time I ever had at a ballgame. He quizzed my wife about strategy and she got most of the questions right.
I agree about Bonds, Clemens, ARod, Manny, Sosa and McGwire needing a special committee to get them in.

Last edited:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Dick Allen.
He missed it again? I thought he had a good case. Maybe people don't realize those offensive numbers he put up were mostly in the mid 60's to mid 70's which was not a hitters era. He was a viable MVP candidate in about 5 different years and he won it once, along with a rookie of the year.

I guess longevity is what worked against him. Kind of like Utley, he's got a good lifetime WAR but he didn't have enough plate appearances to rack up big totals like Tony Perez or Harold Baines or other guys that were around longer.