• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree. But if your only gonna target them 3 times a game. You can spend your resources elsewhere. Its better to have decent players at all positions.
Bears are run heavy because of several factors not the least of which is lack of pass pro by the O line coupled with poor Wr play in addition to a slow transition in Play calling (for some reason which remains a secret) or Fields developing in a new system or any combination of the above. Claypool my help resolve one of these issues.

And yes, so far this season, Mooney targets? 44. So yea, Claypool isn't going to see a massive target share by NFL standards.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockenson last year:
84 targets 61 catches 586 yards 4 TD's

Conklin last year:
87 targets 61 catches 593 yards 3 TD's.

The difference between them is nothing more than usage. Hockenson is NOT a dynamic TE that is going to haul in a ton of balls Kelce style. And he isnt even close to the same type of player that Kittle is both in the YAC and in blocking.

His stats are a product of being a 1st round draft pick who was forced the ball for a long time in order for a GM/team to prove they didnt miss on an early draft pick. I guarantee you that he has one of the worst receptions per target percentage of any TE around the league.

And Hockenson was exposed as a blocker after everyone thought he was pretty good his first couple years once Detroit actually put a competent OL around him.

He's a solid TE. Nothing more, nothing less. A little bit better than league average. And maybe he has some untapped potential that the Vikes can get out of him. But I wouldn't have ultra high expectations simply because he is NOT a huge difference maker on the football field.

But he certainly fills a needed hole on the football field for us. So that is good. And unlike our bust TE in Smith, he will be able to play the inline position better while still also representing someone that the defense can not ignore like they would a non pass catching threat like Mundt.

Hockenson is averaging 8 targets per game with the Vikings., nearly double his targets with the Lions. That's Kelce range for targets, but not production. Of course, the targets aren't coming from Mahomes, but at Cousins should be an improvement over Goff for him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Baker. You can do it!

A McVay, Baker Commercial is in the making as we speak. I can feel it! :D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fans slamming Baker…karma

Flipping Baker Mayfield GIF by HULU

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've bet against the Rams claiming Baker.

Yeah, don't really see the point, unless they think he'll come back next season to continue as the backup for a reasonable salary. Anything is better than relying on Wolford or Perkins.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't really see the point, unless they think he'll come back next season to continue as the backup for a reasonable salary. Anything is better than relying on Wolford or Perkins.
well I think 1.3 mil is nothing to pay a QB to finish the season & you need something better than Wolford & Perkins to be able to evaluate other offensive players. So even if he walks next year still a quality move in my opinion. None of this cost the Rams beyond this season.
So the question then becomes. Why not?

Then on a very outside chance.
What if he responds to actual good coaching?
He might be able to hold you over in the dark times to come from all your win now moves your team made. Why waste a quality rookie QB & his rookie contract during your dark times. You could take your time & find the right one in the next couple years.

I'm just throwing shit out there right now at the unknown.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I think 1.3 mil is nothing to pay a QB to finish the season & you need something better than Wolford & Perkins to be able to evaluate other offensive players. So even if he walks next year still a quality move in my opinion. None of this cost the Rams beyond this season.
So the question then becomes. Why not?

Then on a very outside chance.
What if he responds to actual good coaching?
He might be able to hold you over in the dark times to come from all your win now moves your team made. Why waste a quality rookie QB & his rookie contract during your dark times. You could take your time & find the right one in the next couple years.

I'm just throwing shit out there right now at the unknown.
Sure, but what do the Rams benefit from winning any more games this year? Lesser draft picks? Who cares if the 1st rounder traded to the Lions gets better? It's not coming back to the Rams if they win games. Better to the Lions than to Arizona or Seattle via Denver, for division competition sake.

Dark times, lol? This year's issues are mostly injury based, along with a few roster losses (Von to the Bills, Whitworth to retirement). Rams don't owe any more early picks beyond this spring. They could probably move Ramsey for additional draft capital if they chose to do so.

Bradford is still the starting QB next year, and likely thru at least 2025. I doubt Baker is on next year's roster unless he gets realistic and accepts a backup role.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but what do the Rams benefit from winning any more games this year? Lesser draft picks? Who cares if the 1st rounder traded to the Lions gets better? It's not coming back to the Rams if they win games. Better to the Lions than to Arizona or Seattle via Denver, for division competition sake.

Dark times, lol? This year's issues are mostly injury based, along with a few roster losses (Von to the Bills, Whitworth to retirement). Rams don't owe any more early picks beyond this spring. They could probably move Ramsey for additional draft capital if they chose to do so.

Bradford is still the starting QB next year, and likely thru at least 2025. I doubt Baker is on next year's roster unless he gets realistic and accepts a backup role.
well the winning games is a whole other debate. I have never been a fan of quit trying & just lose games. If that was the rams plan then yeah stick with Wolford. You'll have that down. But again hard to evaluate other Offensive talent with the way the offense was played last week.

Dark times to me is (not sure on your draft status) more about all the contracts you pushed the cap on. Eventually it comes full circle & you cant just reload every year. Don't know when its coming (really don't track the rams) but it always comes. (unless you are the patriots)

Pretty sure you meant Stafford & I agree. If he dont retire he is definitely your starting QB. Still costs you virtually nothing to see for yourselves what Baker is like with quality coaching. If he fails you just move on. Cost you nothing. If he shows something you will have a quality back up, if Stafford doesnt retire. If Stafford retires & Baker showed something. You have your bridge gap QB & cost you nothing to find out. (well a a million dollars)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must have been the mention of dark times that conjured up Bradford, lol. Yikes.

I doubt Stafford retires with a contract that runs through 2026 unless forced to medically.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy to win 1 or 2 more games this year. Bugger the minor loss of Draft pick value. The NFL is entertainment now, not some game of postal chess to be won in 150 weeks time.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a quick question for the more cap knowledgible folks out here. What does New Orleans do to get out of this hole they are in? Is there any market for Michael Thomas at this point? And can they even get around that dead cap? And what about some of those other bills coming due? What moves do you all think they can make or will make?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a quick question for the more cap knowledgible folks out here. What does New Orleans do to get out of this hole they are in? Is there any market for Michael Thomas at this point? And can they even get around that dead cap? And what about some of those other bills coming due? What moves do you all think they can make or will make?
Damn, I had not looked at their cap situation. 57M + over and only 38 players under contract.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I had not looked at their cap situation. 57M + over and only 38 players under contract.
Top 4 players taking up close to $100 mil and none of them the QB. WR, DE, CB, RT. Thomas' hit is north of $28 mil next year. Cam Jordan is 33 and heading into his 13th year and seems to be losing a step. Ramczyk obviously a very good RT. And Lattimore a very good DB but hurt this year so will have to wait and see next season. He's a bonafide back though so expect him to be good. Him and Ramczyk still young and good cornerstone pieces but damn, they have over $13 mil tied up in the Tysom Hill gimmick.