• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Coachspeak: Fact or Fiction

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should start a new thread: Coachspeak: Fact or Fiction.
Done. :thumb:
We'll have to check to see how they do in January.

Seahawks GM John Schneider called TE Will Dissly a "core dude on the offense."​

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said the team will give Ronald Jones a chance to be a "major part" of the offense.​

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say bullshit. I mean, fiction.

Is this how it works?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said the team will give Ronald Jones a chance to be a "major part" of the offense.​

I say fact. He'll probably rotate Jones and CEH and if one of them is far outproducing the other, then I imagine they would get more touches and could be considered a "major part" of the offense. Whether Jones takes advantage of that opportunity is another story.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they go 2 tight as the base formation..sure I buy it. But as a blocker..cuz Fant won't be blocking anyone.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are both full of shit. The reason the Jones signing makes no sense to me is that Andy Reid has only liked running backs that can do everything including catch the ball. And Jones can't catch the ball so I have a hard time believing that Reid puts him on the field much. And I agree with Treff about Dissly. Yes he might be a core dude on the offense but it will be blocking. No way they wanted Fant as part of that trade for anything except catching passes from some guy yet to be named.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Packers HC Matt LaFleur told reporters that Sammy Watkins is "going to be a big part of our offense."​

SOURCE: Aaron Nagler on Twitter
Jun 8, 2022, 12:15 PM ET

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Packers HC Matt LaFleur told reporters that Sammy Watkins is "going to be a big part of our offense."​

SOURCE: Aaron Nagler on Twitter
Jun 8, 2022, 12:15 PM ET

Yes he will probably be on the field in three wide receiver sets, but how many targets and catches that nets will all depend on whether Aaron Rodgers trusts him. I firmly believe that Allen Lazard (if he shows up) leads that team in targets and catches this year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH piled up an incredible 23 targets last year. He has 1 season with over 40 targets and an impressive 71% catch rate for his career. Would've gotten a ton more targets if he didn't share the backfield with superstar Darrel Williams.

That RoJo guy that can't catch? He's got an awful 73% catch rate for his career, a mere 2 seasons with over 40 targets, and he couldn't even beat out some washed up guy that the lowly JAGS straight up cut from their roster, dude's pathetic.

KC knows they fucked up by taking CEH over Taylor, tried it out, it didn't work. I'll need to see him earn the passing down work and targets before I believe it. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see a full blown committee the year from them after Darrel and that Gore guy ate into CEHs work last year.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2024:

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports RB J.K. Dobbins has been “cleared for football activities.”
Pelissero reports that Dr. Neal ElAttrache wrote a letter to teams saying Dobbins has been cleared and looks “outstanding”.

Curious as to how he looks outstanding?
Maybe the doctor's letter says Dobbins should make it through non-contact practices with no gaurantees he makes it through preseason or beyond.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2024:

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports RB J.K. Dobbins has been “cleared for football activities.”
Pelissero reports that Dr. Neal ElAttrache wrote a letter to teams saying Dobbins has been cleared and looks “outstanding”.

Maybe the doctor's letter says Dobbins should make it through non-contact practices with no gaurantees he makes it through preseason or beyond.
Best shape of his life?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2024:

He could look outstsnding and in the best shape of his life and that doesn’t mean he stays on the field. If a doctor is saying this it means it is non-football related, I guess :noidea:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy.. I've heard plenty of coachspeak. Not too sure that I've heard a lot of 'doctor speak'. They don't often comment much beyond the medical side of things. His knee might very well look 'outstanding' on his scans and whatnot (it should, he's the one that rebuilt it), doesn't mean he's gonna 'stand out' on the feild.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy.. I've heard plenty of coachspeak. Not too sure that I've heard a lot of 'doctor speak'. They don't often comment much beyond the medical side of things. His knee might very well look 'outstanding' on his scans and whatnot (it should, he's the one that rebuilt it), doesn't mean he's gonna 'stand out' on the feild.
Thought he tore his Achilles?