• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Season Thread

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bring up Hart because there has been a lot of discussions out here about moving hart to jump start a rebuild here since like you said, Hart doesnt line up with when they would contend again and Kings have enough prospects to offer a package to the Flyers.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, oh why do they have the tracer pick? Seriously, why?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note.
When is a shot in goal counted? Does it have to go through the crease?

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot on goal is pretty much if a shot is made at the net that works go in if not stopped.

When you hit the post it's not a shot goal because it wasn't going to go in but it's considered a scoring chance.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will give Byfield props, that was a great skill pass to Kopitar for the goal last night. We've seen that pass 1000 times at the NHL level but his awareness is what impressed me on that play more than the pass itself.

Kopitar flubbed the shot too and it still went in, tells you how surprised the goalie was. Still didn't have time to recover and get across in time.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, oh why do they have the tracer pick? Seriously, why?
I watched the game like I usually do. I record it and start watching about an hour into it after I settle in at home after work.
As soon as I saw the on the BJ's 1st PP I knew you had posted it about it. Just too funny.

But yeah everyone please complain to the networks about. Half the time I thought someone lost a stick when the puck was
in the slot.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game like I usually do. I record it and start watching about an hour into it after I settle in at home after work.
As soon as I saw the on the BJ's 1st PP I knew you had posted it about it. Just too funny.

But yeah everyone please complain to the networks about. Half the time I thought someone lost a stick when the puck was
in the slot.
I hated it when Fox did it back in the mid 90’s. I hated it when ESPN did it during the playoffs in the aughts and I hate it now.
It’s distracting and annoying.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just the Kings, watched the Ducks BJs game last night and they had it too. Never worked in the 1990s, won't work now - get rid of that crap. It's extremely distracting and annoying.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it possible that the Kings are outshooting the ‘Nucks 5 to 1 in this game, but are only up by 1? How good is the goalie for Vancouver?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valardi and Kempe need to change up their shots during shootout.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it possible that the Kings are outshooting the ‘Nucks 5 to 1 in this game, but are only up by 1? How good is the goalie for Vancouver?

Demko was lights out. On Deaders post a few days ago I was actually going to say I'd target Demko over Hart, he's a much better goalie.

We were up close and personal so I got a good look at him, I told the GF before puck drop I'm specifically going to keep an eye on 3 players - Demko, Kaliyev and Byfield. The only impressive one was Demko. Byfield was his usual self, he's also turned into a gimmick with the mini Quinton Byfield thing and Kaliyev is really showing he is a below average player with a rocket of a shot. He's looking like Martin Frk II may be his future. The guy has blown opportunity after opportunity to establish himself and really isn't a difference maker.

Back to Demko, that dude made stop after stop and some were highlight reel. He was under seige the entire game. Korpisalo made his saves but none were ever really threatening, LA controlled the game in pretty much every aspect. If Korpisalo cannot be signed, I'd pivot to signing Gavrikov and seeing what they can do to trade for Demko.

Also fist bumped Stoll in the concourse grabbing dinner and a beer at first intermission. Saw him coming towards us and put the hand out, he didn't miss a beat on me and kept on walking.

On a positive note for us, took this pic from our seats in honor of an old friend. Missed him tonight being there.

Attachments

• 20230318_190141.jpg
    20230318_190141.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacEwen in for Kaliyev tonight vs Calgary. Expected - to bring some toughness into the lineup - but I also think Kaliyev needs to sit for a bit since he's been so unproductive even on the PP which is really his only calling card (which is why I say trade bait - not enough value to take up a roster spot and plenty of prospects banging on the door. Eight of his 11 goals this season have been PP goals, over 75%).

Also hope MacEwen is healed enough to fight if needed, you know Lucic will be playing everyone hard. They are a physical team and I expect a PO type game. Kings better not wilt because this is what is coming come WCQF time.

This is a crucial game for the Flames, they are only 4 points out of a WC spot and Winnipeg is sliding. They will come out and come out hard tonight, Sutter staple as we all know. Amd freaking Toffoli better not score, someone please put him on his ass.

Copley the starter keeping the goalie rotation intact and Walker in for Spence.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Chrome Domes. Who though that they are good idea?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok the Mariachis singing the national anthem is pretty cool.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a weird conclusion to this homestand. Best homestand in team history, and Kings are 10-0-2 in their last 12, but still can't catch Vegas, which is pretty amazing. But flashes of not being able to lock it down again tonight, being up 5-1 after the first, then hold on for the 7-6 win.

Big road trip coming up, especially that game in Edmonton.

I see the Kings getting a ton of hype across the league, as people are really paying attention during this run LA is on.