• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the worst kept secret in F1 history was confirmed today:

With that, what do you think the big stories will be next year? Bold predictions, craziness and outright lies here!

- Checo pushes Max a little too hard and will actually move ahead of Max in the championship. Max will whine and RB will change this immediately.
- Lewis wins #8 and promptly retires, having thrown down a gauntlet that may never be picked up. George gets his car. Hulk gets the other one. Valterri goes back to Williams
- Mclaren finishes third in the constructor's championship. RIC and NOR both get on the podium often.
- Seb and Alonso will be mid-field runners. Seb will routinely be behind his teammate again. Alonso won't because Ocon.
- Williams will show up with a bunch of new bits on their cars and be in the mid-field fight. No one will convince me this wasn't part of the "Sure borrow George for a weekend" deal.
- Haas will be garbage, will not get rid of Mazepin until at least halfway into the season, and will come close to ruining Schumacher the younger before he even gets started.
- Infighting at Ferrari gets another team principal fired.
- Kimi still won't retire.
- Tsunoda will podium at Japan and it will be EPIC. Almost as epic as when Checo wins in Mexico.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Max will whine and RB will change this immediately
You said Bold.

That’s a good list. I think Checo may struggle a bit (still significantly better than Albon) but will show their car is more of a mess than people realize.
Ferrari has noted 2021 will be a challenge, but they’ve got a new CEO. Will be interesting to see how patient he remains.

Last edited:

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2021 Constructors prediction:

1) Mercedes
2) RB
3) McLaren - like their drivers, Danny and Lando will keep them competitive every week
4) Alpine - the Renault car improved pretty significantly throughout the season; Alonso who should podium with some frequency
5) Ferrari - they’ve got to be better this year, right?
6) Alpha Tauri- excites about Tsunoda; Gasly is turning out to be a strong midfield driver
7) Aston Martin - will they be able to clone the Merc again? don’t trust Stroll; Seb is Seb
8) Alpha Romeo - Not sure they can finish anywhere else
9) Williams - George will score, wonder how much $$ Williams was given for George’s weekend w Toto?
10) Haas - they’re a mess. Their company is a big competitor of the one my dad works for and they sell inferior products. Sucks to suck.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Chrysler bought Peugot, I suspect it will improve much more in 2021.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is Tofficial F1 thread for 2021, but two months until FP1 in Bahrain!

I'm looking forward to another season. With Cyril out at Renault, I'll be so interested to see how it goes this upcoming year.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see McLaren with an AMG lump.

And I want to see how Perez and Dutchy get along.

Aside from that, Lewis racks up #8.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last day of preseason testing today, and I’m getting pretty excited for the season.
While I don’t expect to see too much of a shift at the top, it is exciting to see Bottas say the Merc isn’t as forgiving as last year, pairs with Checo finding good speed in the RB and both McLaren drivers showing pretty well with the new power unit. I’m sure Mercedes is holding their cards pretty close to the vest even in testing.
Midfield should be very exciting this year

Also since there’s been no livery talk, I’m a fan of pretty much all of the upgrades. The Ferrari fade is cool. AM looks nice - I dig the pink nod, but it could have been a bit more subtle. I have always liked the AT livery. Alpine’s is nice, though the fat air box on the car is pretty ugly. Even the Williams upgrades are nice touches. Not sure what Haas is doing with their livery. If they went red white and blue for the US, it doesn’t look good. Should have stuck with the red and black. Would be nice for Red Bull to do something different someday.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB had least number of laps run last week, Aston Martin was second lowest. A slow start for MB powered cars although McLaren and Williams seemed better.

Red Bull/Honda seems to have the beans so far.

MB has their work cut out for them.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB had least number of laps run last week, Aston Martin was second lowest. A slow start for MB powered cars although McLaren and Williams seemed better.

Red Bull/Honda seems to have the beans so far.

MB has their work cut out for them.
Seemingly so.

But it's still to early, imho, to assume anyone has anything to challenge MB with.

Also, is this preseason just taking forever or what?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemingly so.

But it's still to early, imho, to assume anyone has anything to challenge MB with.

Also, is this preseason just taking forever or what?
What pre-season? 3 days of testing and it's done.

2 more weeks till we get the real deal.

I expect MB to be in the thick of things.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the season opens in Bahrain, the same place they just got done testing.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Benz is one of those cars that takes a bit to dial in and get used to.

And once it is and you do it becomes fast.

But that midfield is gonna be interesting.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Benz is one of those cars that takes a bit to dial in and get used to.

And once it is and you do it becomes fast.

But that midfield is gonna be interesting.
Again, Lewie runs off with it all.

And I still don't understand why so many people think it is an achievement, but whatevs.

Unless some miracle occurs 2nd place through to the midfield is exactly where I'll be focused.

Hoping Fred makes a go of it for Alpine.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Lewie runs off with it all.

And I still don't understand why so many people think it is an achievement, but whatevs.

Unless some miracle occurs 2nd place through to the midfield is exactly where I'll be focused.

Hoping Fred makes a go of it for Alpine.

Because it is an achievement. I don't see why some think otherwise. But whatever... Haters gotta hate.

He whoops his teammate continuously. The one time he didn't, Rosberg, it was mechanical faults that beat him.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it is an achievement. I don't see why some think otherwise. But whatever... Haters gotta hate.

He whoops his teammate continuously. The one time he didn't, Rosberg, it was mechanical faults that beat him.
wow.