• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 season

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com wrote that Huntley is legit. Yeaaaa, they thought the same about Winston when the saints smoked GB in the first game of the season. My guess, if Huntley plays next week, will show why he is a backup. The defense actually surprised me this year but now they are playing the way I thought. This is just a repeat of the past several years, and for now, I don’t see it ending any different.
Yesterday's game reminded me of the Packers playing the Kaepernick-led 49ers. They struggled to stop Huntley from running. And at first look, comparing Huntley's game to Kaepernick's is apt.

When you're playing a QB that isn't all that great at reading a defense and throwing the ball but can gash your D with his feet, you gotta deploy a spy and keep contain. Barry did not deploy a spy much and the front 7 did not keep contain.

Also, Huntley was looking for Andrews on his first (sometimes only) read. Andrews gashed the D in the first half, but credit to Barry for deploying better coverage on Andrews in the second half. At least Barry is capable of making some necessary on-the-fly adjustments that previous DCs failed to do.

Thankfully, Kyler is the only QB in the NFC playoff picture who is a run threat, so it's rather unlikely that the Packers will get KO'ed Kaepernick style through the NFC Championship game this year.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams will be huge liability when playoffs come around... teams scheming to place kickoff to try and attempt recover it downfield probably says quite a bit how much of a weakness Packers STs are.

Was disappointing giving up 13 points late and holding on with missed 2 pt conversion. Last offensive series also very poor.

But it is a win and counts all the same... Tampa and AZ were not so lucky this week.

Next up are the Browns who will have a very short turnaround to come to Lambeau.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's game reminded me of the Packers playing the Kaepernick-led 49ers. They struggled to stop Huntley from running. And at first look, comparing Huntley's game to Kaepernick's is apt.

When you're playing a QB that isn't all that great at reading a defense and throwing the ball but can gash your D with his feet, you gotta deploy a spy and keep contain. Barry did not deploy a spy much and the front 7 did not keep contain.

Also, Huntley was looking for Andrews on his first (sometimes only) read. Andrews gashed the D in the first half, but credit to Barry for deploying better coverage on Andrews in the second half. At least Barry is capable of making some necessary on-the-fly adjustments that previous DCs failed to do.

Thankfully, Kyler is the only QB in the NFC playoff picture who is a run threat, so it's rather unlikely that the Packers will get KO'ed Kaepernick style through the NFC Championship game this year.
Last year they got beat by a QB who doesn’t run so it doesn’t seem to matter with this defense. The D is just not playing well right now. Case in point, I’m watching the Vikings/Bears game and Fields and the offense have scored 3 points on minny in 3 quarters, smh. This is the same offense that scored 23 on GB at home last week. This tells me GB’s defense is playing at the level of ST right now.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year they got beat by a QB who doesn’t run so it doesn’t seem to matter with this defense. The D is just not playing well right now. Case in point, I’m watching the Vikings/Bears game and Fields and the offense have scored 3 points on minny in 3 quarters, smh. This is the same offense that scored 23 on GB at home last week. This tells me GB’s defense is playing at the level of ST right now.
Packers playoff history in the Aaron Rodgers era:

gbph.png

This trip down memory lane reminds us that it's not only the defense that resulted in failed trips to the Super Bowl.

2009 Rodgers turnover in OT resulted in wild ARI win.
2011 NYG D was fire just as much as the GB D was water.
2012 couldn't stop Kaepernick's feet.
2013 SF D was fire just as much as the GB D was water.
2014 GB D created 5 turnovers and still lost on the strength of a late ST blunder and a way too conservative offense.
2015 GB D was okay; offense sputtered
2016 GB O and D was awful against a hot ATL team.
2019 SF D was fire and GB D couldn't stop the run.
2020 TB D was fire, GB D created 3 turnovers & played okay but the whole team just got beat that day.

Ultimately, the Packers' most common playoff demise isn't playing awful defense as much as it is getting stifled by the opponent's hot defense. We'll see how this season shakes out.

And if you take a step further back, making the playoffs 10 of 12 years is pretty dang good. I'll take it. Of the two years missed, Rodgers was injured half the season in 2017 and 2018 was the final McCarthy-Rodgers feud/collapse season.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 285139

This trip down memory lane reminds us that it's not only the defense that resulted in failed trips to the Super Bowl.

2014 GB D created 5 turnovers and still lost on the strength of a late ST blunder and a way too conservative offense.
2020 TB D was fire, GB D created 3 turnovers & played okay but the whole team just got beat that day.

Ultimately, the Packers' most common playoff demise isn't playing awful defense as much as it is getting stifled by the opponent's hot defense. We'll see how this season shakes out.

And if you take a step further back, making the playoffs 10 of 12 years is pretty dang good. I'll take it. Of the two years missed, Rodgers was injured half the season in 2017 and 2018 was the final McCarthy-Rodgers feud/collapse season.
Your analysis shows why a good defense is important. I agree, the offense was just as much at fault for several playoff losses. Hence why I harp on the defense being at a level to help win a game. They have showed flashes of that this year and have come thru when needed. They have taken a step back the last 2 games in my opinion and if they continue the trend it could be a short stay in the playoffs.

The old expression,”Defense wins championships,” still holds true. Rodgers and the O has shown to sputter in post season and the D will have to get that stop, pick 6, turnover to help win the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 285139

2014 will always be the one that got away for me... they dominated game until last 5 minutes and did not close out the game. Lot of costly missed assignments.. fake FG for Seattle TD, onside kick... Burnett going down to ground on last interception.

2020 GB had 2 very costly turnovers that resulted in 14 points for TB (including costly TD at end of 1st half). Packers won turnover battle, slightly outgained TB and controlled the clock... did not make TB pay for their turnovers as much (only 7 pts) and Packers were only 2 for 4 in the red zone which was their strength all season getting TDs. Yes TB front 7 dominated, but that game was their for the taking for the Packers... Bucs secondary was average and Packers had over 300 yards passing.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 will always be the one that got away for me... they dominated game until last 5 minutes and did not close out the game. Lot of costly missed assignments.. fake FG for Seattle TD, onside kick... Burnett going down to ground on last interception.

2020 GB had 2 very costly turnovers that resulted in 14 points for TB (including costly TD at end of 1st half). Packers won turnover battle, slightly outgained TB and controlled the clock... did not make TB pay for their turnovers as much (only 7 pts) and Packers were only 2 for 4 in the red zone which was their strength all season getting TDs. Yes TB front 7 dominated, but that game was their for the taking for the Packers... Bucs secondary was average and Packers had over 300 yards passing.
This game broke my devotion. I’m still a Packer fan but I choose not to be involved as much as I use to. In my opinion, I don’t think GB mgt has brought in/drafted enough talent to put them back in the ship. Again, in my opinion, I don’t think GB mgt knows who the right personnel is. Yea, they drafted a few talented players who have made a difference but when you throw enough mud at the wall some of it is bound to stick. I also was pleasantly surprised with the Campbell pick up. That said, STs have been down right horrible and I believe they could be the reason it’s a short stay in the playoffs. Lastly, and let’s be honest, if it wasn’t for #12 this team would be below .500 and that’s being generous. The KC game is a prime example, the defense did their job but the offense didn’t score until the 4th quarter against a bad KC defense.

Personally, because of the mgt comment, I’m afraid we will see the same results this year as we have for the past several years. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see it.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, another W in the books. All I can say is the defense better figure out how to stop the run in the next 2 games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, another W in the books. All I can say is the defense better figure out how to stop the run in the next 2 games.

A win yes.. but Browns the better team, fortunately Baker was in a giving mood and referees did not throw a flag on last interception.

219 yards rushing.. no contain on the edges again, poor tackling. Appears the league has figured out how to attack the Packers defense after they looked good mid season.

Offense unable to close out a game with drives once again as well... as though Packers want to take every game down to the end.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win yes.. but Browns the better team, fortunately Baker was in a giving mood and referees did not throw a flag on last interception.

219 yards rushing.. no contain on the edges again, poor tackling. Appears the league has figured out how to attack the Packers defense after they looked good mid season.

Offense unable to close out a game with drives once again as well... as though Packers want to take every game down to the end.

I want to kick Gary and Smith in their asses after every outside run...as soon as they fell pressure outside they jump inside...that makes zero sense to me.. I get it, they want to be pass rushers, but they need to stop the run first, and neither of them wants to nut up and contain the outside...it's really pissing me off

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt. 2 scores up, lots of time on the clock and the O gets ultra conservative by running it 3 times and punting. The D barely gets to sit down. On the flip side, the D didn’t do themselves any favors by not getting off the field on 3rd down. What is even sadder is, there were several long distance 3rd down conversions for Cleveland. I almost forgot, Clark was playing so…

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Minny up next. Cook might run for 200 yds. Get it together GB.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really was hoping Alexander and Bachtari would be back this week...reps for them would be good...and Turner too

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers offense stagnated in red zone early, other than that not too much not to like. Granted back up QB... but they took care of business.

Good to get the #1 seed, good to have bye and home field throughout, unsure Packers had much of chance to get to Super Bowl going on road.

Hopefully Alexander, Z. Smith and Bakh can return soon. Cobb also started practicing... if this team can get healthy they could get it done. But lots of good teams out there, so not going to be easy.

If key starters play vs Lions, I hope it is 1 quarter or couple of series at most. Being healthy will be important for a run.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers offense stagnated in red zone early, other than that not too much not to like. Granted back up QB... but they took care of business.

Good to get the #1 seed, good to have bye and home field throughout, unsure Packers had much of chance to get to Super Bowl going on road.

Hopefully Alexander, Z. Smith and Bakh can return soon. Cobb also started practicing... if this team can get healthy they could get it done. But lots of good teams out there, so not going to be easy.

If key starters play vs Lions, I hope it is 1 quarter or couple of series at most. Being healthy will be important for a run.

I agree that key guys should play for a quarter or so. They get a bye so 2 weeks off is very good, I think 3 weeks off might be a bit long...get in the game...get some reps and try to keep timing sharp...if bakh, alex and smith are able to go they should go in some kind of spot duty...

this year more than any I've seen, anything can happen...jags beat bills, jets took bucs to wire, blown out by new orleans in week 1...that cincy/kc game... no idea what to think

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 concerns, well, 3 actually.
1. The offensive struggles in the red zone
2. Defensive struggles against the run. They did well against Minny but missing starting QB. Also saw some mis communication in the secondary.
3. Special teams. The weakest link. I don’t need to say any more.

Lastly, although it’s advantageous to have home field, it’s been proven not to be necessary. Last year is a prime example, warm weather team beat GB in the NFCCG. 2010 GB goes on the road all the way to the SB and wins it. Don’t get me wrong I’ll take home field every day all day but I’m not getting excited until GB makes it to the SB and wins it.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not getting excited until GB makes it to the SB and wins it.
You're spoiled!

My wife is from Michigan and is a Lions fan. She's seen the Lions win a grand total of ONE playoff game in her entire life (when she was in middle school)! I'm elated that our Packers have won 13 games three straight years and made two straight NFC championship games!

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're spoiled!

My wife is from Michigan and is a Lions fan. She's seen the Lions win a grand total of ONE playoff game in her entire life (when she was in middle school)! I'm elated that our Packers have won 13 games three straight years and made two straight NFC championship games!
Yes i am. I truly believe that multiple bad decisions by mgt has cost this team several championships they could have had with Rodger behind center. But i also believe Rodgers should be held accountable as well. I made the SB comment because of what happened last year. I thought they were going to get over the hump and BOOM lost another NFCCG.

My grandma was from the UP and a Lions fan. We would always tease each other when they played. One of my favorite players was Barry Sanders. Dude made a lot of players look silly trying to tackle him.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t see the game so I don’t know how much the starters played but this was another example of without Rodgers this team would be winless. Looking at the stats, the secondary got torched. I hope this isn’t what we will see in the playoffs.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t see the game so I don’t know how much the starters played but this was another example of without Rodgers this team would be winless. Looking at the stats, the secondary got torched. I hope this isn’t what we will see in the playoffs.
Ok, watched the game. Keeping it in perspective, the starters basically played the first half. This was detroits super bowl. This was GBs last meaningless game and it showed, specially on defense.

If Love was the starting QB…Lafleur would not be considered for coach of the year.

Fingers crossed the defense and the scheme comes to play in the post season or we will see a repeat of GB getting knocked out before the SB. I get it, this game didn’t mean anything but the biggest thing that gets under my skin is how the defense lets opposing offenses score before halftime. I don’t know why, but to me, it’s a sign of a bad defense.