• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 season

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So…mgt making another worthless acquisition at the linebacker position? Or does anyone think this pick up will boost the defense?

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So…mgt making another worthless acquisition at the linebacker position? Or does anyone think this pick up will boost the defense?
he was 3rd in the league in tackles last year and ranks as the #15 linebacker this year. This is a huge fucking boost over a bunch of UDFA's. With Campbell and Smith we actually have 2 quality LB's

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was 3rd in the league in tackles last year and ranks as the #15 linebacker this year. This is a huge fucking boost over a bunch of UDFA's. With Campbell and Smith we actually have 2 quality LB's
Like anything else, you hear the good and bad about players. I just read some negative on Smith so I guess we will see what GB gets.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z Smith might not make it back.
He’s at odds with the front office. He’s also pissed he wasn’t named a captain. I’m curious if this stretches for the full season as well.

I’m more worried about Jaire

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol what are your thoughts before you ask others for their’s?

My guess is you go with the worthless route like normal.

My two cents

He’s the third dated LBer in coverage, an area of concern, and would likely split time at ILB and OLB.

Price will dictate but the LB group just got ALOT more athletic. That has been a major concern for years

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s at odds with the front office. He’s also pissed he wasn’t named a captain. I’m curious if this stretches for the full season as well.

I’m more worried about Jaire
I havent seen anything on Alexander. i havent really looked either so... What have you read?

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol what are your thoughts before you ask others for their’s?

My guess is you go with the worthless route like normal.

My two cents

He’s the third dated LBer in coverage, an area of concern, and would likely split time at ILB and OLB.

Price will dictate but the LB group just got ALOT more athletic. That has been a major concern for years

I asked for input on the guy cuz I don’t know anything about him and I was looking for a fan’s assessment over reading any reports.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an athletic freak. He needs to play downhill because he can struggle with the mental side of the game. He is an improvement over this guy and that is all that matter
1633695983165.png

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an athletic freak. He needs to play downhill because he can struggle with the mental side of the game. He is an improvement over this guy and that is all that matter
View attachment 281259
I don’t disagree but if he struggles with the mental side of the game then if teams are smart they can render him useless like 44. At the NFL level you have to be both football smart and athletic. I think that’s why we see some of these freak athletes excel in college but bust in the NFL. They have the physical attributes but not the mental to succeed at the next level.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only is the stat above concerning but I can bet if there is a stat for allowing opposing offenses to score right before halftime the GB defense would be leading that as well.

I’ve said this for years, your playoff run will be short lived if the defense can’t take over a game when the offense sputters. We all know Rodgers can get GB there but the defense will have to anti up and kick in at some point. Right now, I don’t see it but that doesn’t mean it cant change.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only is the stat above concerning but I can bet if there is a stat for allowing opposing offenses to score right before halftime the GB defense would be leading that as well.

I’ve said this for years, your playoff run will be short lived if the defense can’t take over a game when the offense sputters. We all know Rodgers can get GB there but the defense will have to anti up and kick in at some point. Right now, I don’t see it but that doesn’t mean it cant change.

That is a concerning stat... and was not helped vs Bengals after they went 2 for 2 in red zone.

Overall cannot complain to much... yards #6 in league, #19 in points... but take away the first game very respectable... and this without Z. Smith and last game Alexander. Prior to game, figured Packers had to score 30+ points to have a chance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 281259

Agree... prior to injury was real athletic freak. Cowboys fans not unhappy he is gone.

Maybe new surroundings help rejuvenate his career. Do agree he is improvement over Summers... but I have liked Barnes and Campbell in the middle. Barnes has however had a few injuries already in short career.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a concerning stat... and was not helped vs Bengals after they went 2 for 2 in red zone.

Overall cannot complain to much... yards #6 in league, #19 in points... but take away the first game very respectable... and this without Z. Smith and last game Alexander. Prior to game, figured Packers had to score 30+ points to have a chance.
Yes, respectable. They were respectable last year with Smith and Alexander but failed miserably in the NFCCG. it’s been their modus operandi in the playoffs for the past several years. By no means do I give Rodgers and the offense a pass but when the offense is struggling you really need the defense to earn its keep. If they keep trending the way they are...it won’t cut it in the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, respectable. They were respectable last year with Smith and Alexander but failed miserably in the NFCCG. it’s been their modus operandi in the playoffs for the past several years. By no means do I give Rodgers and the offense a pass but when the offense is struggling you really need the defense to earn its keep. If they keep trending the way they are...it won’t cut it in the playoffs.
Would not say defense failed miserably in NFCC game.... Packers offense had 1 big turnover at start of 2nd half that gave Bucs ball at 8 yard line. The other Packer turnover gave Bucs ball at midfield and King´s subsequent play was only time they "failed miserably". Packers held Bucs to their season avg of 31 points and that with the gift from 8 yard line.

Defense took ball from Bucs 3 times and Packers only got 7 points from the turnovers (minus yards on 2 times they did not score). Packers defense held Bucs to less than 150 yards in 2nd half... only bummer 45 came on last series to close out the game. Defense got Packers back in the game in 2nd half.

If Packers meet Bucs in playoffs again, they are going to have to put up points as Bucs offense is still loaded averaging 33+ points.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not say defense failed miserably in NFCC game.... Packers offense had 1 big turnover at start of 2nd half that gave Bucs ball at 8 yard line. The other Packer turnover gave Bucs ball at midfield and King´s subsequent play was only time they "failed miserably". Packers held Bucs to their season avg of 31 points and that with the gift from 8 yard line.

Defense took ball from Bucs 3 times and Packers only got 7 points from the turnovers (minus yards on 2 times they did not score). Packers defense held Bucs to less than 150 yards in 2nd half... only bummer 45 came on last series to close out the game. Defense got Packers back in the game in 2nd half.

If Packers meet Bucs in playoffs again, they are going to have to put up points as Bucs offense is still loaded averaging 33+ points.
I will take out miserably but you just described my previous post. Offense sputtered and the defense, although helped with keeping them in the game ultimately couldn’t get the stop when they absolutely needed to. I would say I’m surprised that King is still on the roster but with the decisions mgt has been making I can only say it’s par for the course. I have to say it’s a blessing in disguise that King is hurt again.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to get ahead of myself but the defense has been prtty good. Well outside of the RZ anyway.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to get ahead of myself but the defense has been prtty good. Well outside of the RZ anyway.
I'm withholding judgment until I see how they do against Arizona and Kansas City. It's good that we've seen some improvement since week 1, but some of that "improvement" can be attributed to playing against struggling/upstart offenses.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm withholding judgment until I see how they do against Arizona and Kansas City. It's good that we've seen some improvement since week 1, but some of that "improvement" can be attributed to playing against struggling/upstart offenses.
What they did against Cincy was fantastic IMO. Right now we are missing so many pieces, I dont understand how they did it