• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 season

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing... I think Mack should tell us again how the D is the issue with the team... it's not the D...it's the kicking game and then the O...the O plays great when things are going well...but if it's crunch time and they need to put the game on their shoulders, like tonight, they wilt very often...and in today's NFL, that can't happen

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing... I think Mack should tell us again how the D is the issue with the team... it's not the D...it's the kicking game and then the O...the O plays great when things are going well...but if it's crunch time and they need to put the game on their shoulders, like tonight, they wilt very often...and in today's NFL, that can't happen
That said, STs have been down right horrible and I believe they could be the reason it’s a short stay in the playoffs.

Personally, because of the mgt comment, I’m afraid we will see the same results this year as we have for the past several years. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see it.
So, my comment about special teams came true. Personally, I was pleasantly surprised about the defense. They stepped up and did outstanding. Not only did STs fail but my biggest beef is with Rodgers and the offense. Rodgers is good during the regular season but once the pressure is really on he chokes. Not sure what his mind set was when the they won it it in 2010 but since then he can’t finish like a hall of fame QB should. 10 points at home is absolutely comical. Not what you would expect from a QB of his caliber. In the end, it came down to who’s defense would make a stop. 49ers did Packers didn’t.

Fortunately I had the honor of witnessing 2 SB championships in my lifetime. Unfortunately, I believe those will be the only 2 that see.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have three culprits for the game:
1. Special Teams - directly responsible for a 10 point swing
2. Lafleur - WTF was he doing with the tackles? Why not start Nijman and leave Turner at RT? Kelly is trash. NO run game after Dillon injury.
3. Rodgers - missed a WIDE OPEN Lazard on the final third down. Never pushed the ball down the field. I realize he didnt have a ton of time but my goodness.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Lafleur - WTF was he doing with the tackles? Why not start Nijman and leave Turner at RT? Kelly is trash. NO run game after Dillon injury.
3. Rodgers - missed a WIDE OPEN Lazard on the final third down. Never pushed the ball down the field. I realize he didnt have a ton of time but my goodness.
2. Dillon was no doubt an integral part of the game plan. When he got hurt, LaFleur's game plan went up in flames... so he picked up McCarthy's playbook. :L We were watching the 2017 offense again. :L

LaFleur: "Here, Aaron, take the ball and go make something happen".
Aaron (in the huddle): "Okay, we'll run Jones up the middle for one yard on first and second down; then on third & long everyone run deep routes and I'll find someone."

[As Aaron meets LaFleur on the sidelines before Bojorquez shanks the punt]

LaFleur: "What happened?"
Aaron: "Nobody got open. The line didn't hold up."

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Dillon was no doubt an integral part of the game plan. When he got hurt, LaFleur's game plan went up in flames... so he picked up McCarthy's playbook. :L We were watching the 2017 offense again. :L

Aaron (in the huddle): "Okay, we'll run Jones up the middle for one yard on first and second down; then on third & long everyone run deep routes and I'll find someone."

That is pretty much my thoughts exactly. In the second quarter I told my brother in law that we were playing phonebooth football against a team that was more physical and it was a bad idea.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone get the impression that GB thinks they are better than what they are? They rely on Rodgers so much that if he struggles it’s almost a guaranteed loss.

Not sure if it was Lafleur or Rodgers but not adjusting just adds to my belief that Rodgers is a choke artist in must win games. 0-4 against the 9ers in the playoffs against lesser QBs is mind boggling.

Lastly, I’ve been saying all season that STs will be directly responsible for their early exit. Lafleur would say the right things but it never got fixed.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone get the impression that GB thinks they are better than what they are? They rely on Rodgers so much that if he struggles it’s almost a guaranteed loss.

Not sure if it was Lafleur or Rodgers but not adjusting just adds to my belief that Rodgers is a choke artist in must win games. 0-4 against the 9ers in the playoffs against lesser QBs is mind boggling.

Lastly, I’ve been saying all season that STs will be directly responsible for their early exit. Lafleur would say the right things but it never got fixed.
This is a perfect example of why pitting one QB against another is folly. The QBs didnt face each other. SF coached circles around Lafleur and we still would have won if our ST was just normal bad rather than dreadful.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a perfect example of why pitting one QB against another is folly. The QBs didnt face each other. SF coached circles around Lafleur and we still would have won if our ST was just normal bad rather than dreadful.
I get your point but I disagree about the coaching. I put it more on execution than anything else. Putting the horrendous ST aside for a second and focus on Rodgers for a second. 10 points at home? 5 punts is a lot. I don’t think there was a game this year where they punted 5 times. He gives the impression during the season he can take them to the SB but has come up short every time but once. Yea, it’s a team sport but I get the feeling he cares more about his over all stats than anything else.

At this time, I could care less if he leaves. Yea, GB will be horrible until…? But at least he won’t be around to get our hopes up only to crush them in the playoffs year after year.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point but I disagree about the coaching. I put it more on execution than anything else. Putting the horrendous ST aside for a second and focus on Rodgers for a second. 10 points at home? 5 punts is a lot. I don’t think there was a game this year where they punted 5 times. He gives the impression during the season he can take them to the SB but has come up short every time but once. Yea, it’s a team sport but I get the feeling he cares more about his over all stats than anything else.

At this time, I could care less if he leaves. Yea, GB will be horrible until…? But at least he won’t be around to get our hopes up only to crush them in the playoffs year after year.
They abandoned the run AGAIN. If it was a one off I would say Rodgers was changing plays but we did that multiple times this season

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree Dillon loss had an impact to LaFluer´s game plan... but he should be able to coach around that. Not being able to do so really makes me question his coaching ability to adjust when needed.

Rodgers focused way too much on Adams and Jones... 21 targets for those 2 and 6 for all the rest of the team. Two of the targets were on first 2 series... there were 4 targets entire rest of game on 8 series. Wonder if Lewis fumble and Deguara drop really influenced his confidence with players not named Adams or Jones and started to focus too much on Jones and Adams.

Rodgers missed some opportunities underneath... think once again he wants to go down field and at times does not take the underneath when available at times. Starts taking those plays, could open things up a bit more as defense maybe has to adjust to the short passing game. Think Rodgers falters in games vs good pass rushes in not trying to take more of what the other team is giving... in this respect think he is very lacking in comparison to Brady and P. Manning.

Obviously special teams was a disaster... but not a surprise considering what transpired during regular season. Some of that has to fall on LaFleur as well IMO with his promotion of Drayton to job from assistant coordinator last year when special teams was already very poor.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Dillon loss had an impact to LaFluer´s game plan... but he should be able to coach around that. Not being able to do so really makes me question his coaching ability to adjust when needed.

Rodgers focused way too much on Adams and Jones... 21 targets for those 2 and 6 for all the rest of the team. Two of the targets were on first 2 series... there were 4 targets entire rest of game on 8 series. Wonder if Lewis fumble and Deguara drop really influenced his confidence with players not named Adams or Jones and started to focus too much on Jones and Adams.

Rodgers missed some opportunities underneath... think once again he wants to go down field and at times does not take the underneath when available at times. Starts taking those plays, could open things up a bit more as defense maybe has to adjust to the short passing game. Think Rodgers falters in games vs good pass rushes in not trying to take more of what the other team is giving... in this respect think he is very lacking in comparison to Brady and P. Manning.

Obviously special teams was a disaster... but not a surprise considering what transpired during regular season. Some of that has to fall on LaFleur as well IMO with his promotion of Drayton to job from assistant coordinator last year when special teams was already very poor.
They abandoned the run AGAIN. If it was a one off I would say Rodgers was changing plays but we did that multiple times this season
Taint brings up a very important point which this article brought up as well-

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is good as gone and of we trade Rodgers now we should be able to land a good haul for him. Others like the Smiths are gone as well. With the freed up cap space we would now have plus whatever picks and/or players we could get in a Rodgers trade we could turn that around and put into the defense which has parts in place now to be really really good. Draft is deep at receiver, so rebuild there too. Strong defense + running game = we don't need lights out QB play from Love immediately. We've seen it done before (San Fran with Alex Smith and now Jimmy G. Seahawks in Russell's early years). Maybe it's me looking for a glass half full but I think it could be done if done right

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we get to find out if the Packers really got the right guy to be the GM. This next month and a half will be very telling in how they handle their players, who is in, who is out and what direction they take from here. If they have the right people, they're working their butts off right now to enact an actual plan to keep guys they believe will take this team to the next level and move on from the guys they need to move on from. Should be interesting and we won't find out what the actual product is until about this time next year. All the bitching and moaning about the players they move on from and add until the product is assemble is just noise.

I wonder if they actually got it right.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we get to find out if the Packers really got the right guy to be the GM. This next month and a half will be very telling in how they handle their players, who is in, who is out and what direction they take from here. If they have the right people, they're working their butts off right now to enact an actual plan to keep guys they believe will take this team to the next level and move on from the guys they need to move on from. Should be interesting and we won't find out what the actual product is until about this time next year. All the bitching and moaning about the players they move on from and add until the product is assemble is just noise.

I wonder if they actually got it right.

Will be interesting what comes out of these next couple of months.

Other than the Love selection in the 1st round, I do not think there is too much to complain about with the job Packers front office has done last several years. Brought in some high priced free agents that were all hits 2019 (Smiths, Amos and Turner), hit on some very good starters in drafts (Gary, Savage, Jenkins, Dillon, Stokes) and brought in couple big time contributors this year on the cheap in Campbell and Douglas.

Overall last 3 years give them B*/A- for their work... Love drafting knocking down the grade the most. Personally would have liked to keep Linsley over A. Jones as well... but that is a preference and A. Jones still very good player.

I am torn on what Packers should do... QBs like Rodgers do not come along very often so playoff chances most likely gone if he leaves. But can Rodgers get back to the Super Bowl unless surrounded by team like he had in 2021 (plus a decent special teams). Do not see how they can keep Rodgers, Adams and this defense with salary cap situation... something has to give.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting what comes out of these next couple of months.

Other than the Love selection in the 1st round, I do not think there is too much to complain about with the job Packers front office has done last several years. Brought in some high priced free agents that were all hits 2019 (Smiths, Amos and Turner), hit on some very good starters in drafts (Gary, Savage, Jenkins, Dillon, Stokes) and brought in couple big time contributors this year on the cheap in Campbell and Douglas.

Overall last 3 years give them B*/A- for their work... Love drafting knocking down the grade the most. Personally would have liked to keep Linsley over A. Jones as well... but that is a preference and A. Jones still very good player.

I am torn on what Packers should do... QBs like Rodgers do not come along very often so playoff chances most likely gone if he leaves. But can Rodgers get back to the Super Bowl unless surrounded by team like he had in 2021 (plus a decent special teams). Do not see how they can keep Rodgers, Adams and this defense with salary cap situation... something has to give.
Too bad they fired the ST coach a day late and a dollar short.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. NFL teams have 53 players that contribute on the field and dozens of coaches, trainers and admins that all factor into the final product. The NFL ain't 1-on-1. Memes like that are just machismo spin to either inflate or defame a party.
or try to prove a stupid point

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or try to prove a stupid point
Meh. NFL teams have 53 players that contribute on the field and dozens of coaches, trainers and admins that all factor into the final product. The NFL ain't 1-on-1. Memes like that are just machismo spin to either inflate or defame a party.
Or....to rile up fans that are wound to tight? ;)

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3