• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Scotia North Division Chat

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hqdefault.jpg

1611582056544.png

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Winnipeg aren't as good as I fear they are. Absolute hate them.

After watching the Leafs against the Flames, I'm almost certain that Toronto will win the division as they appear to be the best all around team.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Winnipeg aren't as good as I fear they are. Absolute hate them.

After watching the Leafs against the Flames, I'm almost certain that Toronto will win the division as they appear to be the best all around team.
Need to see Montreal play more games against teams that aren’t terrible. There’s something there I just don’t know if it’s real or just a byproduct of how bad the teams they were playing are.

The Jets are still in trouble so long as their defence is on par with Edmonton’s and Vancouver’s, even with maybe the best goalie in the division.

Leafs might actually have a good all around team, especially once the injuries clear, if Keefe can stop getting in his own way and if they finally make Campbell #1. Holl is playing very well to start the season but he did that last year too before falling off so that’s a wait and see.

Likewise I think Calgary might have it together too. They needed goaltending in the worst way for years so solving that and not having Giordano fall off a cliff yet is good. I think the ages of him and Tanev mean their window here is pretty tight though and I expect them to be the most aggressive trade-wise if anyone becomes available (Hi, Taylor Hall).

Edmonton is going to hang around the periphery. Their defence is awful but if they somehow land a half decent goalie their forwards might drag them toward a playoff spot again. Same as it ever was.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to see Montreal play more games against teams that aren’t terrible. There’s something there I just don’t know if it’s real or just a byproduct of how bad the teams they were playing are.

The Jets are still in trouble so long as their defence is on par with Edmonton’s and Vancouver’s, even with maybe the best goalie in the division.

Leafs might actually have a good all around team, especially once the injuries clear, if Keefe can stop getting in his own way and if they finally make Campbell #1. Holl is playing very well to start the season but he did that last year too before falling off so that’s a wait and see.

Likewise I think Calgary might have it together too. They needed goaltending in the worst way for years so solving that and not having Giordano fall off a cliff yet is good. I think the ages of him and Tanev mean their window here is pretty tight though and I expect them to be the most aggressive trade-wise if anyone becomes available (Hi, Taylor Hall).

Edmonton is going to hang around the periphery. Their defence is awful but if they somehow land a half decent goalie their forwards might drag them toward a playoff spot again. Same as it ever was.

Yeah, I think Montreal has certainly looked great so far, but playing most games against the Oiler and Canucks isn't really slaying the dragon.

But Habs have shown incredible speed, and that's something.

It'll be interesting to see what Julien does against the Flames, where our lines against the Canucks were just about keeping speed on the ice, but against the Flames we'll be forced to put our best against their best, and that might mean a very different looking Habs lineup.

Habs also have 2 quality goalies, which is so nice, and have Perry on the taxi squad for $750k is looking like the deal of the century.

I haven't watched a ton of the Flames, but what I've seen I have liked. I think the top four will be the Leafs, Flames, Jets and Habs in some order.

I love the Senators youth, but think they need a couple of years of continued growth to really make a dent.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's Results
Oilers 4 -6 Jets
Maple Leafs 4
-3 Flames

Today's Game
Senators at Canucks

Updated Standings
1611758868537.png

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated Standings
1612355908953.png

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say you win as a team and you lose as a team, but I'm heat to tell you that you can pin three of the Flames losses on Lucic.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say you win as a team and you lose as a team, but I'm heat to tell you that you can pin three of the Flames losses on Lucic.
I think it's really cool that your favorite player has played for so many teams that you are a big fan of. Boston, LA, Edmonton, and now your beloved Flames.
Youre a lucky man, lucky fan.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side, coming out of the lockout the Caps offer Damphousse a deal. I am thinking local coverage, appearances, etc.... Instead he retires.

But you, living the dream!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side, coming out of the lockout the Caps offer Damphousse a deal. I am thinking local coverage, appearances, etc.... Instead he retires.

But you, living the dream!

Obviously, you are feeling a lot better which I am quite happy to see lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the North Division is a good Leafs team and a collection of crap teams...Tell me I'm wrong.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 teams separated by 7 points after tonight's games.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of Montreal, Calgary, or Vancouver are going to make the playoffs this season and the Habs are certainly in the driver's seat currently. Flames still have five games left against Montreal and four against Vancouver (including the final game of the season).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
One of Montreal, Calgary, or Vancouver are going to make the playoffs this season and the Habs are certainly in the driver's seat currently. Flames still have five games left against Montreal and four against Vancouver (including the final game of the season).
we're at about 1% chance, and you are less than 5%.

Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

breaking bad GIF

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends how the Habs play all these make up games but given how condensed their schedule will be combined with the fact they weren’t playing particularly well before they got Covided (lost 5 of 8 before they stopped including two to Vancouver and won 1 against them in a shootout) it wouldn’t surprise me if one of the other two got it together long enough to keep them out.

Really interested to see how they use Staal and if they can get something out of him but also curious how they can get Danault going with him in the lineup as well.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As BBB mentioned above, the Habs are going to play a lot of hockey in the final weeks of this season.