• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Pre-season thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go @Old Lion turns out Harris is awesome. It's just that nobody sees it because reasons!

I saw him get burned in preseason. One game every time there was a big play I saw 25 in the area. He will be benched a few games in again this season too most likely. Hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Harris goes, I would have even moved Ford to Safety and kept him over Harris. Ford played better inside then outside and is a sure tackler.

We might wanna take a trip back to each of our game day thread comments last year.
I think we'd both be surprised.
lost memory sucks

I know I complained about his mistakes quite a bit.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh! We let Mills go for one of these pukes.

P.S. roster is always churning 4 every team.
Hopefully it doesn't become as bad as Bobby Q's churning where he'd et go of a player 3-5x during the year.

He'll probably be back at some point.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, Lions director of Pros Scouting, Lohman, is the one who brought up Benson to Holmes.
Holmes and Lohman re-evaluated WR Benson and then discussed with both WR coach Randle-El and Campbell.

It's a collaborative effort within the personnel department, said Holmes

It was (WR coach Antwaan) Randle-El saying, ‘Yes, he’s the top guy.’ It’s Dan (Campbell, Lions coach) looking at him and saying, ‘Oh yeah, I really love this Benson guy.’

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there was another team that was trying to trade for Benson, according to Lionswire Jeff Risdon, and they were higher in the waiver wire claiming order.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MUHL is back, baby

The Detroit Lions announced on Friday morning that they have hired Don Muhlbach, who spent 17 years with the organization as the team's long snapper, as a special assistant to the organization.

“In his new full-time role, Muhlbach will support Executive Vice President and General Manager Brad Holmes, President and CEO Rod Wood and Head Coach Dan Campbell with various projects across the team’s football and business operations”, the team said in a prepared statement.