• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Pre-season thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice NO PK made the final 53

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraemer didn't make it

and the only Swing OT is Nelson but I guess you could include Vaitai as an emergency swing OT

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised CB Jerry Jacobs makes the 53 versus Mike Ford

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Released/Waived

• RB David Mills - Per team statement
  • TE Alize Mack - Per team statement
  • TE Brock Wright - Per team statement
  • WR Javon McKinley - Per team statement
  • WR Sage Surratt - Per team statement
  • G Tommy Kraemer - Per team statement
  • EDGE Rashod Berry - Per team statement
  • NB Corn Elder - Per team statement
  • NB Nickell Robey-Coleman - Per team statement
  • S Jalen Elliott - Per team statement
  • K Randy Bullock - Per team statement
  • K Zane Gonalez - Per team statement

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess

Boyle and Hand get put on IR

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hhhmmmm

just four players 30 years or older: tight end Darren Fells, defensive tackle Nick Williams, linebacker Jamie Collins and defensive lineman Michael Brockers.

The roster also features 14 players 23 years old or younger.

nine players are 24 years old

this is one of the youngest rosters in the NFL, which is exactly how a rebuild should look

especially young in the defensive backfield.

Jeff Okudah is 22.
Amani Oruwariye is 25.
Jerry Jacobs is 23.
Ifeatu Melifonwu is 22.
AJ Parker is 23.
Bobby Price is 23.
Will Harris is 25.
C.J. Moore is 25
Tracy Walker is 26. That old man.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this, giving up a 5th for a guy who is no more proven than Kennedy?

This is a Quinn level move.

IDK about that. I get it that this player was on their PS for two years but that WR group on Denver was pretty stacked with Sutton, Jeudy, KJ Hamler, the latter two just drafted in 2020.

Holmes was the LAR Director of CFB scouting, so he must've have seen something in Benson that "he currently thinks" could be a better option going forward.

Most of us "fans" have liked what he has done so far with this draft and how we perceive those players to become good to really NFL players.

There's absolutely no guarantee that Benson was/wasn't going to make Denver's final 53. Tim Patrick was another possibility of making their final 53.

I hate this too. No way a 5th for a PS UDFA who never played a game. Terrible.

At least they were smart enough to cut Tavai and both kickers.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to write Kennedy and NOT Reynolds

Yes I noticed that. Kennedy might not even stick either. Sucks but we cant keep everyone. I think we might pick up a vet DB and hopefully move Price back to safety and shitcan Harris. Thats the biggest disappoint is he is still on the team and Ford is not.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that every veteran dB they brought in did not make it. Even better ut seems like they did not make it because a young player stepped up. Hopefully Price proves the offseason was not a fluke.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this too. No way a 5th for a PS UDFA who never played a game. Terrible.

At least they were smart enough to cut Tavai and both kickers.

Up until this point, you and @Mebert were fairly well pleased with what Holmes has accomplished.

I get it that spending a 2022 5th and 7th round pick (get back a 2023 6th from Broncos for that 7th round) appears to be a bit much at this time, but I'll give Holmes the benefit of the doubt for now.

All GM's make mistakes on players and this may very well be one of those but until these players prove otherwise then I'll take the wait and see approach.

Fans were bitching when Holmes selected Derrick Barnes in the 4th round and not only using his original 2021 5th round pick this year but also throwing in next years 4th round. How's that selection looking so far. It's to early to judge any of these players.

I can easily peruse the draft pages and pull up negative comments made when the Barnes selection was discussed

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and we pick up someone we waived already.

Purely guessing on my part what transpires next, but I'd think they may look at other teams cuts first if there's a player that fits what they're looking for.

I got to give them credit for trudging forward with the youth experience. Play them as much as they can and try to give them as much time and confidence building as they are able to.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until this point, you and @Mebert were fairly well pleased with what Holmes has accomplished.

I get it that spending a 2022 5th and 7th round pick (get back a 2023 6th from Broncos for that 7th round) appears to be a bit much at this time, but I'll give Holmes the benefit of the doubt for now.

All GM's make mistakes on players and this may very well be one of those but until these players prove otherwise then I'll take the wait and see approach.

Fans were bitching when Holmes selected Derrick Barnes in the 4th round and not only using his original 2021 5th round pick this year but also throwing in next years 4th round. How's that selection looking so far. It's to early to judge any of these players.

I can easily peruse the draft pages and pull up negative comments made when the Barnes selection was discussed
Holmes has been awesome, and I am thrilled with what he has done. I just don't like that one trade, and it was a minor one. I like it even less now that we kept Kennedy.

I would love to be proven wrong again.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I noticed that. Kennedy might not even stick either. Sucks but we cant keep everyone. I think we might pick up a vet DB and hopefully move Price back to safety and shitcan Harris. Thats the biggest disappoint is he is still on the team and Ford is not.

This - speaking of Kennedy

The trade for Benson may very well be in mind of replacing Kennedy. IDK. Benson has return/ST skills and Campbell stated Kennedy was lacking in that department.

I don't think Price is being moved back to Safety anytime soon. It may happen later on in the season if he isn't grasping CB concepts.

I'd expect Holmes and company to scour waived Safeties and add to that group. I don't believe W. Harris is going anywhere soon. CJ Moore is completely unreliable as a safety, right now, and his pre-season games prove it. Moore and JRM made the 53 strictly for ST and emergency body replacement for their respective so-called positions

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes has been awesome, and I am thrilled with what he has done. I just don't like that one trade, and it was a minor one. I like it even less now that we kept Kennedy.

I would love to be proven wrong again.

More than likely one of Benson or Kennedy won't be on the roster say somewhere around after Games 3-6 have been played.
Maybe.

Hopefully, Holmes can acquire a bigger bodied outside WR= for flanker - who has speed, can separate not only with speed but technique and physicality too. I would think if he can acquire that type of WR then Kennedy is waived.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all can can that trade Taylor Decker talk. The Lions have two offensive tackles for the first time I can remember in a long time, and you guys want to tread water on the first round pick for the third consecutive year. Fuck that.